Any benefit to playing at Fresno State?

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=107100

But its California, Ive heard, where Nebraska invests in recruiting. Recent visits to USC and UCLA offered great exposure. Look at a map; Fresno doesnt register to prospects in the states heavily populated areas.

Pelini says the Huskers will be prepared for the trap environment, that theyve given great consideration to the challenges of this trip. Theyre practicing in Lincoln on Friday and arriving later than usual out West to stay on schedule in hopes that the odd circumstances dont mess with the routine.

Nebraska's future schedule features home-and-home series with Miami, starting next week, Oregon, Colorado, Oklahoma and Tennessee.

Credit the Huskers for their willingness to venture off course in scheduling. But if it gets hairy on Saturday night, they should have known what to expect

The only problem right now is: we are seeing a real crappy team for a first road game, so we really won't get the benefit of that. Hopefully if we do win, we won't get the same attitude like we did with FAU.

I don't think the fans or media will let them, considering it's Miami coming to town, and we'll be inundated with images and video of a certain failed two-point conversion all week long.

The only problem right now is: we are seeing a real crappy team for a first road game, so we really won't get the benefit of that. Hopefully if we do win, we won't get the same attitude like we did with FAU.

I don't think the fans or media will let them, considering it's Miami coming to town, and we'll be inundated with images and video of a certain failed two-point conversion all week long.

And successful fullback running plays. Maybe Beck has a couple fullback traps lined up just for old-times sake.

But its California, Ive heard, where Nebraska invests in recruiting. Recent visits to USC and UCLA offered great exposure. Look at a map; Fresno doesnt register to prospects in the states heavily populated areas.

Pelini says the Huskers will be prepared for the trap environment, that theyve given great consideration to the challenges of this trip. Theyre practicing in Lincoln on Friday and arriving later than usual out West to stay on schedule in hopes that the odd circumstances dont mess with the routine.

Nebraska's future schedule features home-and-home series with Miami, starting next week, Oregon, Colorado, Oklahoma and Tennessee.

Credit the Huskers for their willingness to venture off course in scheduling. But if it gets hairy on Saturday night, they should have known what to expect

what the hell is this trap environment? we were almost beat by an FCS school, and this is a trap game?..........wow!!!!!!!!!

It was lined up to be a decent test: a tough (but safe) on-the-road game against a team that has often played spoiler and a program that funnels talent into the NFL at near-Nebraska levels.

Consecutive blowouts to USC and Utah don't help Nebraska's case here.

I was driving down I-5 Monday and caught the Fresno State weekly press conference on the AM.

Spoiler alert: they're not afraid of Nebraska. This is their home opener. They haven't lost at home for a couple years.

The benefit to playing Fresno State is that -- like every game -- it's a chance for Nebraska to see what they're made of.

The best time to figure out what you're made of is when things appear stacked against you.

Sounds like fun to me.

I assume this workout in Lincoln is an am one, yes?

I hope?

It was lined up to be a decent test: a tough (but safe) on-the-road game against a team that has often played spoiler and a program that funnels talent into the NFL at near-Nebraska levels.

Consecutive blowouts to USC and Utah don't help Nebraska's case here.

I was driving down I-5 Monday and caught the Fresno State weekly press conference on the AM.

Spoiler alert: they're not afraid of Nebraska. This is their home opener. They haven't lost at home for a couple years.

The benefit to playing Fresno State is that -- like every game -- it's a chance for Nebraska to see what they're made of.

The best time to figure out what you're made of is when things appear stacked against you.

Sounds like fun to me.

It's going to be fun!