Imani Cross

xlbder

I'm wondering when/if we will see the cross in the back field as a FB that was mentioned during camp. I thought that someone said there was a "new look" involving cross and ameer at the same time

i don't think i have ever seen Beck put those 2 on the field at the same time......it just isn't Beck!
There are some "major" wrinkles in the running game that the team executes in practices but have not shown in games (according to some who have attended practices since the spring). I assume we wil see these plays in East Lansing (maybe against Miami).

I'm wondering when/if we will see the cross in the back field as a FB that was mentioned during camp. I thought that someone said there was a "new look" involving cross and ameer at the same time

Pretty sure the only mention of him at FB was on this board. There were several reports of there being two backs together on the field (AA, Cross, Newby, Taylor pre-injury) and we've seen a little of that so far but it's a split-back or diamond formation look.

Imani Cross deserves more carries, but do you take offensive plays away from?

Ameer, who many insist is already underutilized?

Or Newby, who many insist needs more experience for next year?

Armstrong, whose zone reads and designed keepers keep the secondary guessing?

Bell and Westerkamp, two of the most exciting game-breakers in recent Husker memory?

The tight ends, just getting more involved in the gameplan?

Whoever this Hovey guy is?

Exactly how upset are we by an offense with a 2:1 run/pass ratio that gains 280 yards rushing, 280 yards passing and scores six touchdowns with six different players? Two weeks after setting the all-time Big 10 record for total offense.

Truth is, we didn't run a lot of plays Saturday because we were getting 50, 60 and 70 yards on individual plays. You can say we are dependent on big plays, or be happy that these relatively simple and not-at-all "cute" plays were extremely successful. I'm leaning to the latter.

• Fire 5

Bell and Westerkamp, two of the most exciting game-breakers in recent Husker memory?

Exactly how upset are we by an offense with a 2:1 run/pass ratio that gains 280 yards rushing, 280 yards passing and scores six touchdowns with six different players? Two weeks after setting the all-time Big 10 record for total offense.

Truth is, we didn't run a lot of plays Saturday because we were getting 50, 60 and 70 yards on individual plays. You can say we are dependent on big plays, or be happy that these relatively simple and not-at-all "cute" plays were extremely successful. I'm leaning to the latter.

Newby.

Newby.

I agree with Finbraydullah. I think Newby will be very good. But if AA were to go out with injury today, Cross is the starter. Give him the carries.

• Fire 1