Imani Cross

xlbder

Brian Christopherson @HuskerExtraBC

Imani Cross: "The touches are down but the results are good for the offense. ... Those results speak way louder than my personal touches."

Seems like Imani is cool with it. I'm sure he would like more touches, but the offensive production and the wins speak loud enough.

All this means is that Kenny Bell hasn't taught Cross how to speak his mind yet.

• Fire 2

Brian Christopherson @HuskerExtraBC

Imani Cross: "The touches are down but the results are good for the offense. ... Those results speak way louder than my personal touches."

Seems like Imani is cool with it. I'm sure he would like more touches, but the offensive production and the wins speak loud enough.

All this means is that Kenny Bell hasn't taught Cross how to speak his mind yet.

I'd be far happier if we reversed those teacher/learner roles.

• Fire 3

Brian Christopherson ‏@HuskerExtraBC

Imani is the definition of leading by serving. Most players say the right things and you can tell they've been trained to give that answer rather than speak their mind, but with Imani you never feel like he's being any less than genuine.

I'd like to see AA and Cross in the backfield together on a regular basis, maybe with a tight end to field a bit more of a power game.

Instead of living on the big play, make moving he chains de rigueur, with big plays being the icing on the cake.

Certainly against opponents not in Nebraska's weight class. We shouldn't need big plays to survive against McNeese.

Armstrong can run. I'd like to see us field three running threats, two WR, and a tight end as common look.

Then switch up and go to three or four wide outs when it is third and long.

God, I'm so old school...

Brian Christopherson ‏@HuskerExtraBC

Imani is the definition of leading by serving. Most players say the right things and you can tell they've been trained to give that answer rather than speak their mind, but with Imani you never feel like he's being any less than genuine.

I have no doubt that Cross was genuine in his answer

Exactly, put AA and Cross out their together. Both can pass block and AA can run routes off play action. Cross can be a lead blocker or a diversion in a multi-back set. If Newby is so good, it is something that would be asked of him next year as well. West Virginia ran a two back set in a similar manner for a long time.

Two of those big plays Saturday were runs right up the gut.

We also ran several plays up the gut that got very little.

We had some successful deep throws and crossing patterns.

And some incompletions.

It's hard to conclude that the play we would have called would have been better than the play Beck had called.

Wait. That's wrong. It's actually very easy to convince ourselves that our calls would have been better. Hindsight is flawless.

I think the safest thing to conclude is that our offensive line doesn't get great push at the moment, but they roll out pretty well and pass block nicely.

• Fire 1

Imani Cross deserves more carries, but do you take offensive plays away from?

Ameer, who many insist is already underutilized?

Or Newby, who many insist needs more experience for next year?

Armstrong, whose zone reads and designed keepers keep the secondary guessing?

Bell and Westerkamp, two of the most exciting game-breakers in recent Husker memory?

The tight ends, just getting more involved in the gameplan?

Whoever this Hovey guy is?

Exactly how upset are we by an offense with a 2:1 run/pass ratio that gains 280 yards rushing, 280 yards passing and scores six touchdowns with six different players? Two weeks after setting the all-time Big 10 record for total offense.

Truth is, we didn't run a lot of plays Saturday because we were getting 50, 60 and 70 yards on individual plays. You can say we are dependent on big plays, or be happy that these relatively simple and not-at-all "cute" plays were extremely successful. I'm leaning to the latter.

Newby.

I'd be good with that.

I think the thunder and lightning approach with AA and Cross would be great. Play action out of that which was described above with Cross blocking and AA in the flats would also be a good idea. But Hovey coming in and running some nice slants behind the D was awesome. I screamed for that to happen most of the first half and was Super Happy when they finally heard me. :-)

Exactly, put AA and Cross out their together. Both can pass block and AA can run routes off play action. Cross can be a lead blocker or a diversion in a multi-back set. If Newby is so good, it is something that would be asked of him next year as well. West Virginia ran a two back set in a similar manner for a long time.

i used to want to see Rex and Ameer on the field together too, don't think Beck ever did that either.......stubborn bastard!

i used to want to see Rex and Ameer on the field together too, don't think Beck ever did that either.......stubborn bastard!

Yes he did. Don't you remember the double option against Michigan?

• Fire 3

:facepalm:

Why do Husker fans do that?

:facepalm:

Why do Husker fans do that?

The zoom in on the Michigan staff is priceless.
  • Fire 1