The Cornhusker

This song was unearthed by the marching band in about 2000 (or 2001, perhaps), after not being played for decades. We played it a few times during games, but it never really became a huge part of our repertoire or got much of a response (not that the band ever got a big response from anything we played). Does the current marching band still play it ever?

Kind of a cool song though, it's nice to see the Killigans take a stab at it; I like it. But I agree it probably wouldn't translate to the tunnel walk or a Jump Around-style sing-along. Would be a good addition to the pre-game warmups prior to the tunnel walk, perhaps.

So we have the band to thank for the 2000 season????? Thanks guys. I'll never get over the fullback 4 down fake punt pass against ole miss....never.

• 4 weeks later...

I think if they had more of a professional production done of the song and with the new sound system (for which I haven't heard yet), it might work pretty cool.

I agree. The only thing holding this song (and video) back is production value. Remix the song with some serious bass and percussion, and you've got a winner.