Husker fans booing

First Congrats on the big win. I was watching the game and chatting back and forth to some other McNeese fans. One ot the things that was said nearthe end of the game was "I bet there won't be any standing ovation for the Miami players when they leave the field." Looks like Miami's players are back to being Miami. One reason that is one program that I have never liked.

Good luck next week,

Doc

• Fire 7

We can't boo?

Since when does being "classy" or "the greatest fans in college football" mean you have to applaud everything that happens on the field?

Miami's players talked about taking shots at our players' heads last week. They got booed by a few during warmups for that. Where's the problem?

The U then proceeded to cut our players, hold, take swings at our players and in general do everything they could to act the asshat.

We're supposed to applaud that? No freakin' way. There's no argument to be made that we have to give an ovation for that kind of play. It was dirty, it doesn't belong in college football, and saying "boo" isn't egregious on the part of Nebraska Fan in response.

• Fire 3

Sometimes even the nicest of people get fed up, and you gotta call a spade a spade

:yeah I almost feel sorry for Golden as he has been given a near impossible task. He was brought in to run a clean(er) program and putting the W-L record aside, lots of UM fans are screaming for the return of the thug culture. They seem to think Butch Davis is the answer, and he certainly possesses the ability to bring back "the old ways" which would probably get them back on the NCAA Death Penalty watchlist within 2-3yrs.

They can call out Nebraskans for being hicks and farmers, but the thing about them is, they recognize BS for what it is no matter what else you try to call it. :bonesflag:

We're so obsessed with that pathetic "classy" moniker. f#*k that.

I've never heard "Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Gooooodbye" in Memorial Stadium before...and damn if it wasn't appropriate.

exactly... Classy wont protect some cheap Thugs coming in.

IF we want to be a tough place to play.. we cant be classy.

With you on this Schu.. i will treat those with class who deserve it.. Miami deserves nothing.

• Fire 1

You know that miami's players (save a select few) left the field without going to shake with the husker players right? I believe the fans were booing such a poor showing of sportsmanship.

I believe that was planned. The refs were talking to both coaches at the end. On TV you could see Bo giving the ref directions. Nobody wanted a brawl at the end. I was even wondering if Gregory should have been taken to the locker room early.

I had no problem with the booing in this case.

Yeah not doubting that the refs probably decided this was best but it might have accounted for part of the decision to boo by some fans.

I like being a nice place to visit and hospitable....I don't think you have to create a hostile environment for opposing fans...just the opposing team and noise does that. If we can feed the players for 4 quarters like we did last night, we will start to have a ruthless home record. It's like last year with the chiefs. The crowd became loud again. Attending games was so much more fun and there was no hostility toward fans in my section. We were loud and disruptive and the players played harder because of it.

First Congrats on the big win. I was watching the game and chatting back and forth to some other McNeese fans. One ot the things that was said nearthe end of the game was "I bet there won't be any standing ovation for the Miami players when they leave the field." Looks like Miami's players are back to being Miami. One reason that is one program that I have never liked.

Good luck next week,

Doc

Welcome back, Doc, and thanks for watching.

Regarding the booing -- like others have said, pregame I think it was absolutely classless and out of character. The fact that we DON'T do stuff like that is what makes us classy. During the game, particularly while they were raping Gregory and flipping us off - yes, boo away, by all means. When they left the field, I'm torn -- it would have been more classy to clap. I was personally over in the tunnel high-fiving our guys walking out, watching as my boy tried to intercept every glove, sweat rag, and other accessories the players were casting out, so I didn't see it.

What I really had more of a problem with was the crowd chanting "bullsh...." -- yeah, it was BS, there were some really bad calls and some even worse no-calls, things that weren't caught on video, but again, NOT doing that is what makes us a class act. I think booing those calls is fine, but escalating to mass profane chants is over the edge.