It's Happening

Husker_x

Debby Downer here:

At times, a true frosh QB had us spinning in circles, a below-average o-line was protecting him from our first rounder and picking up blitzes; and averaging 7-8 yds a rush, we Becked it up with a head-scratching deep ball that was easily intercepted. What were we Becking thinking? Not to mention Tommy 'not Frazier' Armstrong coughing it up at a most inopportune time.

Sparty will impale this kind of play, and throw it off the cliffs as at Thermopylae. I don't even want to think about Road Grader Wisconsin right now.

Count me as cautiously optimistic, but we have a lot of growing up to do all over the field before we're 'back.'

nitpick post here. Armstrong did not "cough it up". The defender made a great hit and play. When are you people gonna realize that the opponents success is not alway due to us screwing up?
  • Fire 2

Debby Downer here:

At times, a true frosh QB had us spinning in circles, a below-average o-line was protecting him from our first rounder and picking up blitzes; and averaging 7-8 yds a rush, we Becked it up with a head-scratching deep ball that was easily intercepted. What were we Becking thinking? Not to mention Tommy 'not Frazier' Armstrong coughing it up at a most inopportune time.

Sparty will impale this kind of play, and throw it off the cliffs as at Thermopylae. I don't even want to think about Road Grader Wisconsin right now.

Count me as cautiously optimistic, but we have a lot of growing up to do all over the field before we're 'back.'

nitpick post here. Armstrong did not "cough it up". The defender made a great hit and play. When are you people gonna realize that the opponents success is not alway due to us screwing up?

i am a pretty ardent tommy defender, but he was carrying the ball in a way that greatly increased the chances of it ending up on the turf. the defender did get a good hit on the ball, but tommy has to do better at securing it. and he did. you could see he made a conscious effort to get two hands on it as the game progressed.

Debby Downer here:

i am a pretty ardent tommy defender, but he was carrying the ball in a way that greatly increased the chances of it ending up on the turf. the defender did get a good hit on the ball, but tommy has to do better at securing it. and he did. you could see he made a conscious effort to get two hands on it as the game progressed.

iZa2ol.jpg

But when the hit was made he had the ball in his body. And yes i know, he coulda dine more. It was a pretty angry respons on my part to some one who wouldnt note the 345 good things we and tommy did and wanted to dwell in the 8 mistskes and mishaps. After a nice win like that that everyone is pleased with-not happy, not thrilled, but pleased-that just upsets me

But i guess he warned me. He said he was gonna be a deb ie downer.

We need a team and a fanbase that believes Michigan State just might be afraid of us.

I'm not afraid of Sparty and they should be worried about us. We've always had their number. Even last year as poorly as we played, it took five turnovers by us to allow them to win. They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. I may be concerned about that happening again but I am not worried about MSU beating us. Sparty should be afraid of us.

Debby Downer here:

It almost seemed like TA didn't see the defender until it was too late to avoid a direct hit. It reminded me of how TM took on defenders.