It's Happening

Husker_x

We're seeing the results of the learning curve of a first time head coach. Pelini's scheme has been questioned the past three seasons when we didn't look as good, especially defensively......when the real learning curve was recruiting.....getting the Jimmys and Joes. What we are hopefully seeing now is the intersection of scheme and talent.

We're seeing the results of the learning curve of a first time head coach. Pelini's scheme has been questioned the past three seasons when we didn't look as good, especially defensively......when the real learning curve was recruiting.....getting the Jimmys and Joes. What we are hopefully seeing now is the intersection of scheme and talent.

I feel like we're approaching the phase where we have talent, and the potential to pile on a lot more with a good season. A few guys who are missing this year will be a boon next season when they're healthy, too. There are too many variables in championship runs to know for certain what's about to happen, but as far as program-level analysis, I think we're in better shape than we have been since . . . well . . . the late 90s? And the offense and defense appear to be about on equal footing talent-wise, a first in the Pelini era.

I feel we are turning the corner here, but I'm cautious in my thinking. We beat MSU at their house.................I'm drinking a whole keg of kool-aid! I'll be all N at that point, not saying I don't support the team now, because I do, we've just been burnt so many times I don't want to do that again!

I know the feeling, but I think Michigan State has as much to fear from us as we do from them. That's a huge change for me as a fan. It will be a big time challenge to go on the road and take them down but I think we are more than capable.

Next game will tell us as much about this team as this week. We've had games where it feels like finally it's happening, then come out an lay an egg against a subpar team. THIS is that same scenario, we have a huge game in two weeks, and a precevied bye week team this week. Does this team overlook them or do they show up and play like they did last night? We play like we did last night, and MSU/Wisc games will be fun to watch, and the rest should be wins. #GBR