David Santos Injured

Wonder if Newby will start seeing time in an actual LB position. And what about Courtney Love?

Most likely he will see some snaps....

@swmckewonOWH: LB David Santos didn't practice Tues. Brace on his right leg. DCJP can't comment on injury, but said Bando, Roach and Zaire are top 3 LBs.

Bo gave no update about Santos, but Pap said the starting three this week will be Zaire, Bando, Roach. Love and Newby will be in the second group

Good grief. I need to learn to read entire tweets and statements

And posts. ;)

Rewatching the game, he pursued to the Miami sideline to make a tackle with about 9:30 to play in the game when he went down awkwardly and was slow getting up. He stayed in the game for one more play but then went out and I can't find him on the field again. We were in a lot of Nickel and Dime so it's a little hard to tell but even on the goal line stand at the end of the game he wasn't out there and Newby was.

Robin Washut@RobinWashut 2m

Bo Pelini confirms that linebacker David Santos (knee) is doubtful for Saturday's game against Illinois. #Huskers

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC 40s

Pelini said Santos is doubtful this week but called it "no big deal, nothing long term." #Huskers

I don't usually trust what they say.

Could be. But Gregory, Sterup, Janovich and Kevin Williams all came back as they said. Reilly has lingered but that's the nature of hamstring injuries. I don't think there was ever a timetable on Bondi or Miller.

@JW_Mason: "We're just resting Santos for conference play."

"Coach, this is conference play." http://t.co/cYWir0g7xl

Does this mean Bo does consider Illini in the same conference? :lol:

Bo better have learned his lesson from McNeese. Illinois can exploit our weaknesses. You cant game plan for one team the week your playing another team and expect your players to take the opponent seriously.

@JW_Mason: "We're just resting Santos for conference play."

"Coach, this is conference play." http://t.co/cYWir0g7xl

Does this mean Bo does consider Illini in the same conference? :lol:

Bo better have learned his lesson from McNeese. Illinois can exploit our weaknesses. You cant game plan for one team the week your playing another team and expect your players to take the opponent seriously.
Any evidence to the game planning for other teams as opposed to the one leading up? Just curious Fowler...