We have accomplished nothing - reality check time

knapplc

Reading a lot of these responses, I can't shake the feeling that many of you didn't actually read the OP. A whole lot of straw man arguments up in here.

Dude, I cannot +1 this enough.

It's like they said on White Men Can't Jump. These people are listening to Jimmy Jimi, but they're not hearing Jimmy Jimi.

Edited by knapplc
I have shamed myself.

Reading a lot of these responses, I can't shake the feeling that many of you didn't actually read the OP. A whole lot of straw man arguments up in here.

Dude, I cannot +1 this enough.

It's like they said on White Men Can't Jump. These people are listening to Jimmy, but they're not hearing Jimmy.

Ahem. Jimi

• Fire 1

Yea. We suck.

We are only 4-0. Wait 5-0.

We didn't beat anyone.

We haven't proved anything.

We have a weak offense.

Defense sux.

News flash, we still haven't beaten anyone. Illinois is a dumpster fire at best.

Agreed. We are exactly where most expected us to be right now. Next weekend, let's go out and do something that few expect us to do: win.

Yea. We suck.

We are only 4-0. Wait 5-0.

We didn't beat anyone.

We haven't proved anything.

We have a weak offense.

Defense sux.

News flash, we still haven't beaten anyone. Illinois is a dumpster fire at best.

Agreed. We are exactly where most expected us to be right now. Next weekend, let's go out and do something that few expect us to do: win.

Pre-season, many did not have us undefeated going into conference play or the only undefeated team in the B1G after week 5. Our offense was supposed to struggle behind a new QB, and our young secondary and lack of DE depth was supposed to limit an otherwise solid defense. Don't get me wrong, 5-0 is were I thought we would be right now, but we were picked 3rd in our division with no chance to beat any of the great powers in the East division.

At this point, this team is performing beyond expectations. We will see just how good they are next weekend.

I was being sarcastic. But a good buddy of mine, who is a huge Iowa fan out it like this....."Nebraska is back to crushing the teams they should crush, not have close ones like in the past".

Ball state. Maine. I remember those nail bitters. That's all. I just really want this team to get back to being a legitimate threat. I am very protective like we all are of this team. And I will go down in flames protecting them. And yes, I'll drink the kool aid if we are national champs or 0-10.

GBR!!

I agree with all of that. Certainly good to see us taking care of business where we should be. It's better than the alternative.

But this week is our Super Bowl, and Wisconsin is our World Series. Basically the entire rest of our schedule is a steaming pile of manure. I'll be happy if we go 1-1 in those games, and don't get blown out in the loss. That should be enough to get to Indy.

So things we have accomplished so far:

Started 5-0 for only the second time in how many years?

Avoided the upset by inferior opponent at home.

Avoided a loss on the road in "hostile" location

Beat a Power 5 school

Avoided a let down after beating Power 5 school.

While some people will argue the quality of opponent, these were areas that most criticized Pelini led teams to always have happen. Still a long season ahead, of course, but their level of play to this point is pretty good.

• Fire 3