**** What we learned - Illinois edition ****

walksalone

I'm certainly no Taylor Martinez hater but this offense is in much better hands than the previous four years. Tommy sure has room to improve in the decision making department but he can manage a game and provides leadership. His throwing ability is light years ahead of TM's. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but the QB difference is the main reason our O is so much more prolific and effective. TM was a special talent and gave a lot for this program but TA is much better for making everything click.

• Fire 4

I'm certainly no Taylor Martinez hater but this offense is in much better hands than the previous four years. Tommy sure has room to improve in the decision making department but he can manage a game and provides leadership. His throwing ability is light years ahead of TM's. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but the QB difference is the main reason our O is so much more prolific and effective. TM was a special talent and gave a lot for this program but TA is much better for making everything click.

i will not flame you. it is the simple difference between being a great athlete and a good qb.

• Fire 1

Our D has the most 3 and outs in FBS.

That's remarkable considering how unimpressed posters on this board - including me - have been with the D

I think it's the 7 effortless-looking points they keep giving up on the first drive that make people nervous, since we've had quite a few disasters in the past few years and it gives a "not this again" feeling.

That's exactly it.

Ameer should be considered the Heisman front runner at this point in time.

We are deep at RB and there is little drop off from AA- think about that.

Beck has done much better these last two games, let's hope that continues against some much tougher defenses.

Liked the shoes, the rest of the red rising uniform was just bad. Hope they burn them and switch to Nike.

We've got a challenge coming up with MSU. Should be a great game.

Beck has done well all year minus the mcneese state game.

He is much more accurate on the deep ball than TM was. His passing motion is much more natural. He still has some misreads, he still stares down his intended target, But I like his poise, I like his ability and tenacity to stick in the pocket and throw the ball. I think he is beginning to trust in his ability to run instead of forcing the pass. He showed some signs of that tonight, but other times he tried forcing throws that were not there.

• Fire 3

1. The defense can force turnovers when they pressure the QB.

The DBs could get many more interceptions if they would look for the ball. Mitchel gave up a TD on a play that should have been a pick. Later NU got a PI on a play that was an easy pick.

TA is a great runner. He reminds me of Lord; fast, shifty and very strong.

TA has a tough time reading defenses. A pick, and a very lucky dropped pick on plays where he never saw the defender.

Brown makes life on the kickoff return team easy.

Life is fun when the Huskers have multiple backs over 100 yards.

• Fire 2

Agree completely.

Whenever Tommy checks down, he never hands the ball off. Need to handoff every once in a while after checking down.