Open Letter to the team - MSU 2014 Edition

Redux

Win or lose, Sparty fans are going to burn a couch or two. Lets make sure they are burning couches out of bitterness after a thumping 1995 style - remember when Saban called out his team for quitting.

Thought West Virginia was the couch burning school?
WV burns then regardless of situation; MSU has had riot incidents with the last stemming from a guy who had a sign at the game saying "burn the couch".

Win or lose, Sparty fans are going to burn a couch or two. Lets make sure they are burning couches out of bitterness after a thumping 1995 style - remember when Saban called out his team for quitting.

Thought West Virginia was the couch burning school?

I lived in Michigan for 20 years, and win or lose after a big sporting event a couch will burn. When my sons friend was accepted to MSU several people sent him matches. He said he attended a couch burning within two weeks of being on campus.

It's a nice post, but i honestly won't be upset if we lose a close one, win out, and get a shot at them in the CCG. I don't think that we're s playoff team this year, but I could be wrong.

I get the feeling you would prefer a loss Saturday because you honestly believe it would be easier to beat them in the CCG. Ill tell ya right now, I absolutely DO NOT want to play Sparty twice regardless of this weeks outcome.

• Fire 3

It's a nice post, but i honestly won't be upset if we lose a close one, win out, and get a shot at them in the CCG. I don't think that we're s playoff team this year, but I could be wrong.

I get the feeling you would prefer a loss Saturday because you honestly believe it would be easier to beat them in the CCG. Ill tell ya right now, I absolutely DO NOT want to play Sparty twice regardless of this weeks outcome.

I think that history shows that we don't fair well in rematches,, especially when we win the first matchup. And i really can't see anyone else winning the east.

I could be wrong.

I think that history shows that we don't fair well in rematches,, especially when we win the first matchup. And i really can't see anyone else winning the east.

I could be wrong.

Why not OSU?

Other than stumbling with VTech, they have won by an average score of 50 - 15.

It most likely boils down to tOSU and Spartys head to head. Unless Prnn St gets over their current funk or RUT and Mary go on cinderella runs. Michigan is trash.

We gotta handle Wiscy and Iowa to even begin thinking division crown, Sparty doesnt haave a huge effect on that. Lots of football to be played.

Cheering for a loss in hopes that it will make it easier to win a rematch is, has always been, and will always be utterly ridiculous in my eyes.

Saturday I'll be watching from pregame until the clock strikes zero, hoping we completely kick Sparty's ass up and down the field for 60 straight minutes. I will never cheer for anything else.

• Fire 2

I could be wrong.

Why not OSU?

Other than stumbling with VTech, they have won by an average score of 50 - 15.

I don't think that they're that good, at least not better than MSU.

Not saying that OSU can't do it, just don't think that they will.

It most likely boils down to tOSU and Spartys head to head. Unless Prnn St gets over their current funk or RUT and Mary go on cinderella runs. Michigan is trash.

We gotta handle Wiscy and Iowa to even begin thinking division crown, Sparty doesnt haave a huge effect on that. Lots of football to be played.

Which is always a good thing.