Is AA's Heisman run over?

I think he'll be extremely lucky if he gets invited to NY. Gurley will obviously be there, and there are a few other high-profile names (Winston, Mariota, etc.) who will get some props. Not to mention guys like Dak Prescott and players from other teams who are unexpectedly doing really well.

Winston has off field issues so he should be a no-show and was banned from one game

Mariota is QB on an Oregon team that just lost to an unranked Arizona team

Gurley is on a Georgia team with one loss and wins that really aren't that impressive.

Hunley just lost to an unranked Utah team

Why shouldn't AA still be in the mix?

• Fire 1

Ameer Abdullah seems to be the kind of guy that loves to prove people wrong when they doubt him. I'm not gonna doubt him, but I bet many do now, just as they have his whole life. Great family, great person, great leader, great player and Nebraska is the best place for him. I'm glad he came here.

We're watching a great one develop right before our eyes. How Michigan St. held him down last night, we could all probably say what happened, but a lot of credit to MSU for that. They for the most part stopped a kid that was in my opinion unstoppable.

I doubt it will even create a hiccup in Ameers drive and hunger to continue to be the best though. I hope his teammates, and ahem....his offensive line start picking up some of that mentality. Right now the 5'9" running back is blowing his 6'6" 300 lb. buddies out of the water in strength, aggressiveness, and heart. Says a lot about Ameer, but it sure would be nice to see some of those big guys play with half as much passion.

I don't know what to think, the rest of our schedule outside of Wisconsin sets up nicely for him to have some big games. It's hard to say, I say there is no way he wins it now, but I think he'll get an invite to NYC. Winston has WAY too many off the field problems to find himself back in NYC again IMO. Everyone seems to be pretty high on Gurley right now and Gordon from Wisconsin.

Not sure if the Heisman Run is over, but as before the game, it doesn't really matter to me as I don't think it truly represents "the best player in CFB" as it purports. (See Tommie Frazier, Ndomakong Suh..)

I do think Ameer will continue on to be remembered as possibly the best RB in NU's history regardless of where the Heisman goes. I don't think the Nu Admin. or fanbase are willing to commit themselves to the necessary glad-handing, steak and drinks buying, and sister pimping required to win a modern Heisman award. Ameer will be remembered as more than an award, at least to me. :bigredn:

• Fire 1

I think he'll be extremely lucky if he gets invited to NY. Gurley will obviously be there, and there are a few other high-profile names (Winston, Mariota, etc.) who will get some props. Not to mention guys like Dak Prescott and players from other teams who are unexpectedly doing really well.

Winston has off field issues so he should be a no-show and was banned from one game

Gurley is on a Georgia team with one loss and wins that really aren't that impressive.

Sorry. I just don't see it happening. Guess we'll see. I think Mariota and Gurley are pretty much guarantees to be there.

Sorry. I just don't see it happening. Guess we'll see. I think Mariota and Gurley are pretty much guarantees to be there.

I think they'll be in NY along with AA. But to think Ameer's chances are now gone is a little premature when you consider how the season for other current Heisman hopefuls is going. No one potential candidate is on a team that is kicking ass and taking names.

He'll definitely be invited to New York, but I'm afraid that he was fighting an uphill battle any way. I was watching Sportscenter this morning and they flashed the top 5 frontrunners stats from this weekend up on the screen. There wasn't a single one that had a great day stats wise, but they talked Gurley up like he just had a 300 yard game. I'm afraid that a lot of people have already given it to Gurley. Gurley needs to have a couple of bad games and AA needs to get things going and have a 100 or more yard rushing performance in each of the remaining games to have a chance. This is obviously all just my opinion of course.

Its over. They (and I say they because the Heisman is just as much a team award as it is individual) had a chance to make a big statement last night and AA had a chance to show he is the best RB in the country, and we did the complete opposite. This will be the game everyone looks at. How he did against a great defense. Its a shame because I do think he deserves it, but his OL/OC ruined his chances. Im afraid now he won't even be invited.