DE Amani Bledsoe [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Player: Amani Bledsoe
Hometown: Lawrence, Kansas
School: Lawrence
Position: Defensive End
Height: 6-5
Weight: 265
40 time:
Offers: Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech
Visits: 8/12/14; 9/20/14 vs. Miami; 4/11/15 - Spring Game

Twitter

Rivals: #131 Overall; #9 SDE; :star :star :star :star
247: #22 SDE; :star :star :star
Scout: #181 Overall; #24 DE; :star :star :star :star
ESPN: #44 DE; :star :star :star :star

Hudl

Enters the new Rivals 250 at #118 and picks up a fourth start.

Really need to be all over this guy, especially with all the question marks at DE.

Gimme this kid, Robertson, and Xaxier Kelly. sh#t, gimme 2 of 3. Who wants to sit here and tell me that 500 mile radius isn't good enough?

Amazing job by the staff so far to get these highly ranked local area kids to visit this weekend.

Liked his visit. Not planning on any other visits right now. Loves the fan support - thinks he fits new scheme better than old. Facilities are amazing.

• Upvote 2

OUTLOOK: Bledsoe is another prospect that hasn't begun to narrow down his offer list quite yet. The hometown Kansas Jayhawks have hosted him on several visits, but he did attend the spring game in Lincoln, a strong sign for the Huskers. There's a lot left to play out, but Nebraska remains in contention along with Kansas, Missouri, Oregon, and Oklahoma.

Link

"I haven't narrowed my list down, yet," Bledsoe said. "Nobody has really stood out. That's what I'll be doing this summer. I won't be taking any visits. I want to have a relaxed summer. All I will do is stay in contact with schools and figure out the few official visits I will take. I want to make a decision sometime during my season."

Bledsoe is taking a very slow and methodical approach to his recruitment, and he knows exactly what he's looking for.
"I'm just looking for a place that feels like home," he shared. "I want to go somewhere that I'm very comfortable. The relationships with the coaching staff are important. I want to be close to everyone at the program, and I want to play for a great defensive line coach. I just want to feel like I'm a perfect fit for the school."

Scout

Definitely good for us he visited. Gotta out duel OU and ucla. Proximity could be in favor hopefully for once.

Got a bad feeling about OU here.

If they have another mediocre season then it will help. It hurt them when they lost Montgomery to the NFL so that help as well. I would say Oklahoma is the bigger threat. Doesn't mean Riley and Co can't.

If they have another mediocre season then it will help. It hurt them when they lost Montgomery to the NFL so that help as well. I would say Oklahoma is the bigger threat. Doesn't mean Riley and Co can't.

Forgot about Montgomery, good call.

Dude did serious work for them. Got them DeBerry, made them appealing to Neal and was Bledsoe's lead recruiter. On top of all that, OU is stale right now with little forward momentum. Stoops stayed there too long imo. Any recruit that is looking at Oklahoma can't fully believe they're walking into a stable situation.

Dude did serious work for them. Got them DeBerry, made them appealing to Neal and was Bledsoe's lead recruiter. On top of all that, OU is stale right now with little forward momentum. Stoops stayed there too long imo. Any recruit that is looking at Oklahoma can't fully believe they're walking into a stable situation.

He did kill it last year. I agree on the momentum as do some OU fans I know, however they recruited strong last year IIRC.

He did kill it last year. I agree on the momentum as do some OU fans I know, however they recruited strong last year IIRC.

They usually do but he was a LARGE part of it. Stoops' days are numbered imo....maybe on his own volition.

• Upvote 1

He's been on campus, what 2 times, 3 times now? He visited summer after his junior year with the old coaching staff. Then he visited for the spring game under the new coaches. He had planned to make it back up this summer but may not get to. As far as I know the only other school he has visited twice is Kansas because they are in his backyard.

I've been following his recruitment closely and I really think we have a better chance with this kid than people think. Based on my research, he has visited Kansas, KState, Missouri, Nebraska, UCLA, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma. He's not taking any visits this summer and is taking his time with this process. He has a single mom and research shows that most kids don't go more than 6-7 hrs from home. I think we have a good shot at him. He really likes our new coaches and he knows we need depth at DE.

• Upvote 2

I don't think it's that people don't think we have a chance, it's more the fact he's been so tight lipped on the matter and hasn't tipped his hand much. Weary is how I'd describe my thoughts.

Amani is noted to be a little impressionable, so the staff will have work things like proximity, academics, staff stability and playing time/style. Nebraska has everything he needs just convincing him.

Amani is noted to be a little impressionable, so the staff will have work things like proximity, academics, staff stability and playing time/style. Nebraska has everything he needs just convincing him.

What? An Impressionable 18 year old? No way (Oregon laughing)!

Planning to officially visit Oregon and UCLA this fall. When asked if there were other schools at the top of his list, he said "not really."

He would like to play DE in college but I've seen a few scouts say they think he'll end up at DT.

Has OVs scheduled to Oregon and UCLA. Doesn't sound like he'll take his other three visits until after his season. No word on where those will be.

May graduate in December.

Word is he wants to stay closer to home so his mom can watch more of his games in person. I think this has been speculated before.

But that would whittle this list down to Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and maybe TCU.

Kansas - obviously home town. Bad team. Goes through coaches pretty often.

Nebraska - 193 miles

Missouri - 167 miles

OU - 332 miles

OSU - 283 miles

TCU - 519 miles

• Upvote 1