Are you annoyed with all the flags?

I was happy as hell to see a holding call on a NW lineman working against Gregory the first play of the game. Maybe it was all the beer, but I don't recall another one being called the rest of the game?

There was a hold on VV that wasn't called that was out in the open and led to northwestern converting a third down. Bo goes ape on the sideline after that one. That crew of officials last night might call the fewest holds in a game throughout a year.

Flip side is there is a lot of holding on NU's part not being called in the trenches

The PI on Mitchell I believe was a good call. Same thing happened in the Notre Dame/FSU game where the defender hooked his arm around the receiver.

One of the worst calls I've seen in a long time was the holding call on Cotton. I'm sorry but the defensive tackle was already going to the ground before Cotton made any contact

The PI on Mitchell I believe was a good call. Same thing happened in the Notre Dame/FSU game where the defender hooked his arm around the receiver.

One of the worst calls I've seen in a long time was the holding call on Cotton. I'm sorry but the defensive tackle was already going to the ground before Cotton made any contact

The problem with the call on Mitchell is on the previous Nebraska drive (or maybe the one before that) there was a very similar play by a NW defender that didn't get called.

• Fire 1

I think late 3rd qtr or early 4th I saw on the replay a NW D lineman with his hand around the throat of a Husker lineman.....maybe Pelini? It appeared Mark was struggling to get lose but he looked like a small kid trying to get close enough to his big brother to throw a punch. I can't imagine that not being a penalty

Yea that should of been another hands to the face penalty. They had one earlier.

The problem with the call on Mitchell is on the previous Nebraska drive (or maybe the one before that) there was a very similar play by a NW defender that didn't get called.

If you hook your arm for leverage around a receiver to make a diving play on the ball, it is a textbook PI. Unfortunately, missing it on one side does not excuse it on the other. This particular technique is called more often than not as well.

Ya what Count said. I'll have to find the play you're talking about Moiraine and get back too you. I agree on the call against Gerry. The ball was tipped and Gerry took a clean shot at the receiver and the ball was in that vicinity too so its not like the ball was already 10-15 yards down the field.