Bo can't stop being Bo

tmfr15

Holly sh#t. We're 8-1, better then most predicted and the OP come up with this? You know who else is on the sideline, the players and they love him. Maybe you'd like to be in Michigan's position, or Florida, or Texas? But even more then the wins, I love how he represents the university and the state. The players are getting a quality education, growing into responsible men, and doing damn good job on the field, and I for one, love his fire and comments about sec/espn/ect.

I would be more disappointed if Bo had acted like everything was perfectly fine-praise the players up and down then move to the next game. NO! He NEEDED to say what he did and he wasn't alone. If you listen to the players, they weren't satisfied either! I'm GLAD Bo is Bo. He has done a very good job this year of taking the time to address the media, allowed the media to view practices, and has given honest evaluation of the team's performance. He has changed. Allow him that, ok? I'm sorry but it makes me tired when I run into people who won't allow others to go through change. No offense but I honestly don't know why you had to bring up all of the past garbage again. It really doesn't help anyone to keep hearing it again and again and again ad nauseum.

"I was somewhat disappointed in the fact we weren't a little crisper, a little sharper," NU Coach Tom Osborne said. "I don't think we played terrible football today, but we can play better than that.

"If we don't, we'll have a hard time from here on out."

"They couldn't run the ball on us," Osborne said,"and when they can't run, you ought to be able to shut down the passing game better than we did. Defensively, we let them have the ball way too long."

"When we were up 35-21," Osborne said,"I thought we could take it from there. We didn't, and that's what bothers me."

"We had our backs to the wall a little bit," Osborne said. "If it wasn't for the fumbled punt at the end, it might have been anyone's ball game."

"All you can do is prepare from what you see on film," Osborne said. "They changed up on us, and I think they played really hard."

Tom Osborne after beating Wyoming by 10 in 1994

Sometimes coaches spur their teams on with praise and back-patting. Sometimes they spur them on by being blunt about the game.

Bo is blunt in his way. Anyone who lived through the Osborne years knows this was Tom being blunt - very blunt - about this game.

Bo can't stop being Bo, and shouldn't stop being Bo. Tom couldn't stop being Tom and shouldn't have.

• Fire 3

Maybe you should just talk the man for his word. He said in the post-game conference, he can see the team getting better but he does not like the sloppy play. His disappointment could be simply because he sees the potential of this team and expects better.

Agreed. I'd much rather have Bo be honest about things he sees that he doesn't like than give the same old "excellent job in all areas" BS that Callahan liked to throw out there.

I have been on plenty of sidelines, and heard many coach rants at players and refs. And I have to disagree with you. Here's a classic example...Bo goes up to the ref on his sideline, doesn't make an argument laced with profanity. That would be the typical coach thing to do. Instead he walks up to the ref and calls him a c@cksucker. When asked by the white hat what the problem was, he says the problem is this guy's a c#cksucker. Nice. That's really cool Bo. It's really helping.

Let's be honest here. There are things said on EVERY sideline that if fans heard they would freak out and cry foul. There was sh#t said on the sideline of my high school when I played that would have made patents line up with pitchforks and torches. To sit, cry and only try to crucify Bo is ridiculous. These players are adults and can take criticism and yelling. If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

Wow, you don't need inside info or a sideline pass to look up youtube. The video has been up for four years. Hes been reprimanded for that. To say hes still calling refs this bc you claim you've heard him is just silly. If you are close enough to hear him speak to refs, we should be able to see you on tv. Which one are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7St6ATGnR4

• Fire 2

I have been on plenty of sidelines, and heard many coach rants at players and refs. And I have to disagree with you. Here's a classic example...Bo goes up to the ref on his sideline, doesn't make an argument laced with profanity. That would be the typical coach thing to do. Instead he walks up to the ref and calls him a c@cksucker. When asked by the white hat what the problem was, he says the problem is this guy's a c#cksucker. Nice. That's really cool Bo. It's really helping.

Let's be honest here. There are things said on EVERY sideline that if fans heard they would freak out and cry foul. There was sh#t said on the sideline of my high school when I played that would have made patents line up with pitchforks and torches. To sit, cry and only try to crucify Bo is ridiculous. These players are adults and can take criticism and yelling. If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

Wow, you don't need inside info or a sideline pass to look up youtube. The video has been up for four years. Hes been reprimanded for that. To say hes still calling refs this bc you claim you've heard him is just silly. If you are close enough to hear him speak to refs, we should be able to see you on tv. Which one are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7St6ATGnR4

Bahahahah I totally forgot about that vid. Great stuff.

I agree with Bo. This was sloppy. If I was Bo and when the 348th botched snap or rbs running into each other or running the wrong routes, or the defense missed its 100th tackle of the day, I would've called time out. gathered the whole team and chewed their asses out. It was fing ridiculous and Bo had every right to be pissed about the teams performance. I don't know how youre suppose to look or sound after the shtshow hed just seen but I don't imagine comfortable would be close to appropriate.

I agree with Bo. This was sloppy. If I was Bo and when the 348th botched snap or rbs running into each other or running the wrong routes, or the defense missed its 100th tackle of the day, I would've called time out. gathered the whole team and chewed their asses out. It was fing ridiculous and Bo had every right to be pissed about the teams performance. I don't know how youre suppose to look or sound after the shtshow hed just seen but I don't imagine comfortable would be close to appropriate.

Even les miles during his presser had a few words for his team sloppy pay after they beat ole miss.