Bo can't stop being Bo

tmfr15

Here is an anecdote about me, not Bo. And proof that I can hear what Bo is saying. Story goes like this. Me and another guy, standing side by side, when a penalty was called on Nebraska. Shaky to be sure. Me and the guy next to me look at each other and shake our heads. Then the guy next to me offers, out loud and not quietly, "Man, that call was total bullsh#t!" And the line judge turns to us and says.... "Did one of you guys say something to me." I shook my head no. And he continues "better not. you ain't a coach and I am not going to hear that from any of you. Say it again, and you're out of here."

Here is an anecdote about me, not Bo. And proof that I can hear what Bo is saying. Story goes like this. Me and another guy, standing side by side, when a penalty was called on Nebraska. Shaky to be sure. Me and the guy next to me look at each other and shake our heads. Then the guy next to me offers, out loud and not quietly, "Man, that call was total bullsh#t!" And the line judge turns to us and says.... "Did one of you guys say something to me." I shook my head no. And he continues "better not. you ain't a coach and I am not going to hear that from any of you. Say it again, and you're out of here."

i don't think that qualifies as proof, good story though.

You apparently have no idea what proof means? Or there are some pieces missing from this I don't really get it but okay weird story.

• Fire 1

Sounds more like a little league baseball game to me...

The message can be delivered without being a jerk to everyone. He just can't do that.

I used to be the guy on the other end of a nationwide Toll-Free hotline to troubleshoot some electronics. There's a wide, WIDE difference in how people from different parts of the country normally talk to each other and how other people take it. New Jersey, New York City, and Ohio people used to set me on edge. They say the same thing that Upstate New York, Oklahoma and Nebraska people say in a more irritating way (to me). They come across to me as more blunt and in your face. Southern people seem almost pleasant to a fault, as if I didn't know if all the politeness with the "sir" and "honey" was sincere or a snow job.

I learned that some guys laid down a carpet of F-bombs and go on a profanity laced tirade without a trace of real anger, it's just how they talk. So I learned not to listen to closely to how something was said.

One regular guy from close to Philadelphia would always start out with, "Mike, what the f##k is going on with your sh!tty @ss junk!? MIKE, wtf, can you hear me or did you f'in pass out!?!"..."Wait, I don't have it plugged in...I guess I'm the stupidest "sockrucker" you're going to talk to today, so go ahead and blow me in the @ss now, I got it comin...you getting any from that receptionist that answered the phone? She sounds hot!"

One particular foulmouthed guy claimed to be a reverend in Cleveland Ohio, but I think he was more organized crime, as we also dabbled in "charitable gambling machines.

So to make a short answer long, a guy reared in Ohio isn't going to sound like a guy who played ball in Hastings, Nebraska.

• Fire 3

The message can be delivered without being a jerk to everyone. He just can't do that.

I used to be the guy on the other end of a nationwide Toll-Free hotline to troubleshoot some electronics. There's a wide, WIDE difference in how people from different parts of the country normally talk to each other and how other people take it. New Jersey, New York City, and Ohio people used to set me on edge. They say the same thing that Upstate New York, Oklahoma and Nebraska people say in a more irritating way (to me). They come across to me as more blunt and in your face. Southern people seem almost pleasant to a fault, as if I didn't know if all the politeness with the "sir" and "honey" was sincere or a snow job.

I learned that some guys laid down a carpet of F-bombs and go on a profanity laced tirade without a trace of real anger, it's just how they talk. So I learned not to listen to closely to how something was said.

One regular guy from close to Philadelphia would always start out with, "Mike, what the f##k is going on with your sh!tty @ss junk!? MIKE, wtf, can you hear me or did you f'in pass out!?!"..."Wait, I don't have it plugged in...I guess I'm the stupidest "sockrucker" you're going to talk to today, so go ahead and blow me in the @ss now, I got it comin...you getting any from that receptionist that answered the phone? She sounds hot!"

One particular foulmouthed guy claimed to be a reverend in Cleveland Ohio, but I think he was more organized crime, as we also dabbled in "charitable gambling machines.

So to make a short answer long, a guy reared in Ohio isn't going to sound like a guy who played ball in Hastings, Nebraska.

This, absolutely, BP when he is not thinking about his speech sounds like an Italian kid raised in rust belt Ohio. I could almost garruntee that he speaks pretty much the way his coaches spoke to him at Cardinal Mooney HS.

So is there anything else we can complain about our coach? This is just getting ridiculous now.

It is ridiculous, I agree. The people that are really upset about BP's demeanor and speech on the sideline are the guys that still want what TO was on the sideline.

Pelini is not TO and those people have got to get over it.

After McNeese, Bo didn't say many positive things. He said we would take a long look at all our methods. There was loads of vinegar and not much sugar. All was wrong and it had to be addressed. Weeks later, wwhere are we at? Same place. Same tone. Same message. I am not saying fire No, but I am tired of the tone, especially when it is accompanied by a lack of change in circumstances.

what do you want? More losses? The players don't seem to mind his tone. My favorite football coach I ever had used to go off on us when we had a bad play. It wasn't because he was a jerk, it was because he CARED and knew we could do better. We never lost a game.

So is there anything else we can complain about our coach? This is just getting ridiculous now.

The problem with comparing Bo to Tom is that when I read these statements, I hear Tom's voice. And the tone Tom speaks in and his general manner is subdued. Bo doesn't share Tom's tone or temperament.

Well apparently we can complain about Bo's tone in post-game press conferences. I don't care if he sits up there and quotes Frozen, I just can't stand the guy's tone...