CFB Selection Committee Rankings (Updated 11/11)

Kernal

Alabama at 5, why? Unranked West Virginia carries that much weight eh

WVU is ranked. 23rd.

Unranked when they played, 23rd isn't much better

Don't we all agree that ranking at the time of the win means jack? And ranked is ranked. Just admit you misspoke and be done with it.

• Fire 1

MSU stays stagnant during bye. Alabama moves up during bye.

Alabama barely beat UT and Arkansas and lost to a 2-loss Ole Miss. Their best win is 3 loss WVU.

Michigan St has only lost to a #3 Oregon, though they were sloppy against Purdue (that rings a bell). Their best win is the Huskers. You could look at the game against the Huskers as a close contest, but even then, Nebraska was undefeated and #16 at the time (currently #11 with only one loss).

I got to tip my hat to Michigan St in that comparison, but #SECBias

• Fire 2

MSU stays stagnant during bye. Alabama moves up during bye.

Alabama barely beat UT and Arkansas and lost to a 2-loss Ole Miss. Their best win is 3 loss WVU.

Michigan St has only lost to a #3 Oregon, though they were sloppy against Purdue (that rings a bell). Their best win is the Huskers. You could look at the game against the Huskers as a close contest, but even then, Nebraska was undefeated and #16 at the time (currently #11 with only one loss).

I got to tip my hat to Michigan St in that comparison, but #SECBias

after looking at it, i think a lot of 1 loss teams have a pretty good argument to be ahead of 'bama. tcu, ksu, msu, and probably arizona.

does not hurt that your coach is saban, as well.

WVU is ranked. 23rd.

Don't we all agree that ranking at the time of the win means jack? And ranked is ranked. Just admit you misspoke and be done with it.
No. No. And No. Ranking at the time is what matters (to pollsters); otherwise, early wins against LSU, South Carolina, and TAMU would not have catapulted teams up the polls. Also, ranked is not ranked, beating #3 is not the same as #23.
  • Fire 1

WVU is ranked. 23rd.

No. No. And No. Ranking at the time is what matters (to pollsters); otherwise, early wins against LSU, South Carolina, and TAMU would not have catapulted teams up the polls. Also, ranked is not ranked, beating #3 is not the same as #23.

This guy gets it.

WVU is ranked. 23rd.

1. We're talking about the committee, not pollsters. Yes the initial rankings will be skewed to current rankings but a win against a 3-4 loss LSU shouldn't be weighted with preseason rankings.

2. The Butcher claimed WVU is not ranked. I corrected him. He countered that 23 is essentially not ranked. I said ranked is ranked. Yes there is a difference between 3 and 23. Just like there is a difference between 23 and 26.

WVU is ranked. 23rd.

1. We're talking about the committee, not pollsters. Yes the initial rankings will be skewed to current rankings but a win against a 3-4 loss LSU shouldn't be weighted with preseason rankings.

2. The Butcher claimed WVU is not ranked. I corrected him. He countered that 23 is essentially not ranked. I said ranked is ranked. Yes there is a difference between 3 and 23. Just like there is a difference between 23 and 26.

Just like there is a difference between Beck's offense breaking records and individuals breaking records. ;)

• Fire 1

WVU is ranked. 23rd.

Just like there is a difference between Beck's offense breaking records and individuals breaking records. ;)

I didn't realize Abdullah, Bell, and Martinez play(ed) defense. And please tell me what this has to do with WVU being ranked.

Thought the committee did a great job again. I'm like, astounded. I don't know that I can make an argument for changing much of anything. There's stuff that I'm sure you could nitpick, but overall grade = A.

Probably have to agree. I think Alabama's ranking is better than their resume and the reverse for KState but overall I like what I see.

This committee is seriously placing wins over head to head I think.

WHY is TCU 6 spots ahead of Baylor? Or are they taking into account the 21 point lead reduced to being down by 4 in the span of 7 mins?

If two teams are right next to each other, I think head-to-head should win out.

But they're comparing the total resume of several teams so I think the head-to-head arguments are over-stated. Total body of work is more important, imo.

WVU is ranked. 23rd.

I might have initially misunderstood you second point. However, if the committee is not looking at ranking at the time of the win, then I have no idea why Alabama is ranked where they are.

Committee did a good job. I would put TCU above Alabama and if they beat KSU this week than that would do it. As for us, we just need to keep winning the rest of the way and we'll be right on the bubble with a CCG, and that might just be enough consideration to make it. I would think so.

1. Mississippi State 8-0 - Beat Tenn-Martin by 29.

2. Florida State 8-0 - Beat UR UVA by 14.

3. Auburn 7-1 - Lost to UR A&M by 3 at home.

4. Oregon 8-1 - Beat #17 Utah by 24.

5. Alabama 7-1 - Beat #16 LSU by 7 in OT.

6. TCU 7-1 - Beat #7 KSU by 21.

7. Kansas State 7-1 - Lost to #6 TCU by 21.

8. Michigan State 7-1 - Lost to #14 OSU by 12 at home.

9. Arizona State 7-1 - Beat #10 ND by 24.

10. Notre Dame 7-1 - Lost to #9 ASU by 24.

11. Ole Miss 7-2 - Beat UR Presbyterian by 48.

12. Baylor 7-1 - Beat #15 OU by 34.

13. Nebraska 8-1 - BYE.

14. Ohio State 7-1 - Beat MSU by 12.

15. Oklahoma 6-2 - Lost to #12 Baylor by 34 at home.

16. LSU 7-2 - Lost to #5 Bama by 7 in OT at home.

17. Utah 6-2 - Lost to #4 Oregon by 24 at home.

18. UCLA 7-2 - Beat UR Washington by 14.

19. Arizona 6-2 - Beat UR Colorado by 18.

20. Georgia 6-2 - Beat UR Kentucky by 32.

21. Clemson 6-2 - Beat UR Wake Forest by 14.

22. Duke 7-1 - Beat UR Syracuse by 17.

23. West Virginia 6-3 - Lost to UR Texas by 17.

24. Georgia Tech 7-2 - Beat UR NCSt. by 33.

25. Wisconsin 6-2 - Beat UR Purdue by 18.

1. Mississippi State 8-0 - Beat Tenn-Martin by 29.

2. Florida State 8-0 - Beat UR UVA by 14.

3. Auburn 7-1 - Lost to UR A&M by 3 at home.

4. Oregon 8-1 - Beat #17 Utah by 24.

5. Alabama 7-1 - Beat #16 LSU by 7 in OT.

6. TCU 7-1 - Beat #7 KSU by 21.

7. Kansas State 7-1 - Lost to #6 TCU by 21.

8. Michigan State 7-1 - Lost to #14 OSU by 12 at home.

9. Arizona State 7-1 - Beat #10 ND by 24.

10. Notre Dame 7-1 - Lost to #9 ASU by 24.

11. Ole Miss 7-2 - Beat UR Presbyterian by 48.

12. Baylor 7-1 - Beat #15 OU by 34.

13. Nebraska 8-1 - BYE.

14. Ohio State 7-1 - Beat MSU by 12.

15. Oklahoma 6-2 - Lost to #12 Baylor by 34 at home.

16. LSU 7-2 - Lost to #5 Bama by 7 in OT at home.

17. Utah 6-2 - Lost to #4 Oregon by 24 at home.

18. UCLA 7-2 - Beat UR Washington by 14.

19. Arizona 6-2 - Beat UR Colorado by 18.

20. Georgia 6-2 - Beat UR Kentucky by 32.

21. Clemson 6-2 - Beat UR Wake Forest by 14.

22. Duke 7-1 - Beat UR Syracuse by 17.

23. West Virginia 6-3 - Lost to UR Texas by 17.

24. Georgia Tech 7-2 - Beat UR NCSt. by 33.

25. Wisconsin 6-2 - Beat UR Purdue by 18.

There's just no way Ohio st doesn't jump us, but Nebraska could be a top ten team by Tuesday. And will hyped going into Saturdays game.

My quick projections:

OSU passes Nebraska, Ole Miss, Notre Dame, MSU, KSU, and Auburn to come in at #8.

Nebraska passes Notre Dame, MSU, and KSU (but gets jumped by OSU) to come in at #11.

MSU falls behind ASU, Ole Miss, and Baylor to come in around #11-13.

Wisconsin passes WVU, Utah, LSU, and OU to get to 21.