CFB Selection Committee Rankings (Updated 11/11)

Kernal

Ole miss at #4 is laughable

Three SEC teams in the top four is complete garbage.

why? would it be complete garbage if someday it was neb., osu, and mich st.?

Remember when an undefeated Auburn was left out of the NC game.

As much fun as it has been to see Michigan suffer, the B1G really needs them to be good again. Even ESPN would go nuts over a conference with a great OSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Mich St and/or Penn State.

As for this year, I think we need to let the schedules play out.

Yes

No. Because at week 10 all those teams might have not played each other and could possibly all undefeated. By the end of the season they would all play each other sorting it all out.

• Fire 2

Yes

No. Because at week 10 all those teams might have not played each other and could possibly all undefeated. By the end of the season they would all play each other sorting it all out.

You are correct. I viewed the question as though this were the final poll going into the playoff.

This morning someone asked me what I thought of the poll.

I said..."If this were the final poll I would be pissed and have absolutely no desire to watch any of it. But, it should play out."

However, Ol'Miss being there is a complete joke after being very recently beaten by pretty much an unranked team. In fact, most of it is a joke because most honest people admit the SEC is not as dominant as some thought it would be at the beginning of the season.

I'm going to sit back and watch how this all plays out over the next 4-6 weeks. I'm holding off final judgement till then.

Here's why it's not. Suppose the committee really does want conference champions only when all else is close. So they go with 1. Miss St 2 FSU 3 Oregon 4 Mich St 5 Kansas St 6 Auburn 7 Alabama 8 Ole Miss even though they believe

Now suppose Miss St loses (twice so Auburn can go to the CCG), but the others in the top 6 wins out, impressively. Now they've got to jump SEC champ Auburn over a team that was basically told they were in and did everything they needed to do to stay there, and have to tell them, well, we thought Auburn was better than you all along but didn't want to be criticized for putting too many SEC teams up there early when it really didn't matter so much.

If this was a final ranking I'd be pissed too, since those SEC teams haven't distanced themselves from the rest of the 1 loss pack much at all.

Other than that though, the committee was told to take the 4 best teams, with a conference championship A factor, but not a requirement.

I'm not following your train of thought.

They should put three SEC teams in the first poll because then God forbid, if the SEC champion isn't the one that's in the original poll they would have to actually work to justify getting them in? So....let's put three in to make sure there is one there?

Remember when an undefeated Auburn was left out of the NC game.

As much fun as it has been to see Michigan suffer, the B1G really needs them to be good again. Even ESPN would go nuts over a conference with a great OSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Mich St and/or Penn State.

As for this year, I think we need to let the schedules play out.

Doubtful. ESPN does not have a fraction of an investment in the Big Ten as it does the SEC. That's what's really driving any bias that's there.

Now Fox, or even a CBS on the other hand.....

Here's why it's not. Suppose the committee really does want conference champions only when all else is close. So they go with 1. Miss St 2 FSU 3 Oregon 4 Mich St 5 Kansas St 6 Auburn 7 Alabama 8 Ole Miss even though they believe

Now suppose Miss St loses (twice so Auburn can go to the CCG), but the others in the top 6 wins out, impressively. Now they've got to jump SEC champ Auburn over a team that was basically told they were in and did everything they needed to do to stay there, and have to tell them, well, we thought Auburn was better than you all along but didn't want to be criticized for putting too many SEC teams up there early when it really didn't matter so much.

If this was a final ranking I'd be pissed too, since those SEC teams haven't distanced themselves from the rest of the 1 loss pack much at all.

Other than that though, the committee was told to take the 4 best teams, with a conference championship A factor, but not a requirement.

They should put three SEC teams in the first poll because then God forbid, if the SEC champion isn't the one that's in the original poll they would have to actually work to justify getting them in? So....let's put three in to make sure there is one there?

They? Are you talking about Tom Osborne and Barry Alvarez? I heard they are SEC homers.

• Fire 3

They? Are you talking about Tom Osborne and Barry Alvarez? I heard they are SEC homers.

They dont have any say anyway. Theyre just figureheads. Put on the panel so ESPN can say "see, there's BigTen guys on it too." No different than parading Danny Kannell around talkin smack about the SEC all day.

I simply asked for clarification of his comment because that is what it appears to me he was saying. Now, if all you have is a smart azz comment back then I guess that's all you have.

My point is, you could say what he said about any conference. Why not have three Pac12 teams so that you don't have to try to justify this? Why not three Big Ten or Big XII.....or a combination of them.

I simply asked for a clarification of his thoughts.

The SEC is the best conference. Just go look at the NFL draft, they dominate on NFL talent.

Some of the best coaches reside in the area, population growth in the area helps them tremendously.

Calling the committee a SEC group is a little misleading.

Way too early to even concern your self over the rankings. Give it two or three weeks, then we have a patter.

It looks fair to me at this time except for maybe Notre Dame. At the beginning of the year ND, I felt had a really rough schedule and if they got through it would be in. The front end kind of fell apart and now the tail end is not looking like we thought it would, but they played #1 to a possible loss, and did not get the reward that Mississippi did. Wins and how you win and against who you win are a major point. FSU got a lot out of beating Notre Dame. Do not feel Notre dame got a fair shake on that. Other than that it looks close to me.

Going to be a lot of losing going on in the next month that will change the whole thing, I think we are too far out of it right now, but who knows.

Just give it time, I do not believe under any circumstance it is geared towards the SEC. Greater chance of them eliminating the whole conference than more than one being in.

• Fire 1

The SEC is the best conference. Just go look at the NFL draft, they dominate on NFL talent.

Some of the best coaches reside in the area, population growth in the area helps them tremendously.

Calling the committee a SEC group is a little misleading.

Way too early to even concern your self over the rankings. Give it two or three weeks, then we have a patter.

It looks fair to me at this time except for maybe Notre Dame. At the beginning of the year ND, I felt had a really rough schedule and if they got through it would be in. The front end kind of fell apart and now the tail end is not looking like we thought it would, but they played #1 to a possible loss, and did not get the reward that Mississippi did. Wins and how you win and against who you win are a major point. FSU got a lot out of beating Notre Dame. Do not feel Notre dame got a fair shake on that. Other than that it looks close to me.

Going to be a lot of losing going on in the next month that will change the whole thing, I think we are too far out of it right now, but who knows.

Just give it time, I do not believe under any circumstance it is geared towards the SEC. Greater chance of them eliminating the whole conference than more than one being in.

You do know we've moved past the serious rhetoric of this thread, and it's now gone into the typical smart-ass remarks and jokes phase, yes?

I can understand that, since I didn't even complete my first sentence. I meant to say:

Here's why it's not. Suppose the committee really does want conference champions only when all else is close. So they go with 1. Miss St 2 FSU 3 Oregon 4 Mich St 5 Kansas St 6 Auburn 7 Alabama 8 Ole Miss even though they believe that the SEC has 3 of the top 4 teams at this point.

So to finish my train of thought, since they think the SEC has 3 of the top 4, yes, whoever survives that should definitely be in. If the anti-SEC butt hurt is this bad now, how sore would it be if at the end of the season they move an SEC team they always thought was one of the top 4 ahead of a team that they believed was not?

It's better to say "These are the top 4 teams right now. If you want in the playoffs, you have to do better than them from here on out."

Not, "Here are the teams we put 1-4. We don't really believe it, and we may make changes later that look random, but it's because these really aren't the best 4. We just thought this would make people happier."