CFB Selection Committee Rankings (Updated 11/11)

Kernal

Everything I heard said that conference champions mean the most. Oregon should have been the #4, not Ole Miss.

We have no conference champions yet.

yes, but were will you find 3 SEC conference champions other than $$$$$$$ (oh I mean ESPN)

That'll get figured out at the end of the season, when this poll really matters. I bet there won't be three SEC teams in the top 4 in that one.

Way too much worry this early. Nebraska is close enough to be considered. But doubtful they will win out.

I am not worrying about until I see Nebraska beat Michigan State/Ohio State in the CCG. That does not happen, no chance in hell. Kind of hurt Michigan State by Ohio State falling below where they were ranked in the polls.

I personally think they got it right, questions about Florida State, still think they will fall this week. Notre Dame being so far down the line seems odd if the Ole Miss/LSU story is to be believed.

We have it pretty easy to get there, Win out and there is a slight chance. But we need to win out and do it impressively.

since it is a selection comitte and there aren't votes tallied, I can't understand why you wouldn't devise a mid season standings with "ties." if it was like, number three was a log jam of say Oregon, tcu, ole miss, auburn, bama, etc. I think that would help with some of the perception issues at this point. There isn't a ton separating about 8-10 spots in the standings at this point, so why bother separating it?

This just proves that ESPN & SEC still leads the voting. Everything I heard said that conference champions mean the most. Oregon should have been the #4, not Ole Miss.

If this was the final poll then this would have been an utter failure. Oregon deserves it more. They beat MSU handily and killed UCLA. Their loss came in a close game to a 1-loss team when half the duck line was out. OM's offense sucked against LSU, the scoreboard was not indicative of how LSU dominated that game. They squeaked by a bama team that had to totally scabdick past Arkie the next week and could've lost to WV if not for ref help. Bama is picking up speed now but weren't playing that well early in the season and their rankings have been based on rep as much as play.

The teams should be MSU, FSU, Aubie, and Oregon.

Anyone else taking into account that of the four SEC teams in the top 6, each one still has to play 2 of the remaining 3? This first poll is so god damn irrelevant and is nothing but a damn joke waste of time.

And when one wins 7-6, the committee decides this proves how tough it is to win the sec and drops neither.

This right here...Ole Miss and Auburn play this weekend and I bet the loser doesn't drop out of the top 10. It is just going to be a rotating of the top SEC teams in the top 5-6.

Anyone else taking into account that of the four SEC teams in the top 6, each one still has to play 2 of the remaining 3? This first poll is so god damn irrelevant and is nothing but a damn joke waste of time.

And when one wins 7-6, the committee decides this proves how tough it is to win the sec and drops neither.

This right here...Ole Miss and Auburn play this weekend and I bet the loser doesn't drop out of the top 10. It is just going to be a rotating of the top SEC teams in the top 5-6.

LSU is that team with 2 losses and a win among the highly ranked SEC teams, and they are at #19. Granted, one of those losses was by a lot, but I'll bet another 2 loss SEC team would drop behind many of the 1 loss teams.

Unlike the AP and coaches poll, what we don't know is how closely grouped the 1 loss teams are in the committee's minds. With the other voting polls, we see the point totals.

since it is a selection comitte and there aren't votes tallied, I can't understand why you wouldn't devise a mid season standings with "ties." if it was like, number three was a log jam of say Oregon, tcu, ole miss, auburn, bama, etc. I think that would help with some of the perception issues at this point. There isn't a ton separating about 8-10 spots in the standings at this point, so why bother separating it?

I completely agree. I think they could've come up with some groupings.

Group 1: 99.9999% guaranteed to be in it if they win out. Lose and they might be out. Miss St and FSU

Group 2: probably in if they win out, but if too many win out, they may not make it. Lose, and they are almost certainly out unless many others lose. Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Mich St, Oregon, ND, Georgia, TCU, Kansas St

Group 3: win out, and they have a chance, but they probably need enough others above to lose to make room. Lose, and it's over. Nebraska, Ohio St, Arizona, Arizona St, East Carolina, Duke, Marshall

Group 4: Almost certainly no chance unless there is chaos.

I know I left out some teams and only quickly threw them in the groups without much thought, so don't bother attacking where I put teams, but the point is that they don't have to lock in spots with so much season left and knowing that many of these teams must lose, so just give a higher level view of where they are at.

Then again, at some point they are probably going to have to make some hard decisions, so maybe it's just as well to start now.

LSU is that team with 2 losses and a win among the highly ranked SEC teams, and they are at #19. Granted, one of those losses was by a lot, but I'll bet another 2 loss SEC team would drop behind many of the 1 loss teams.

Unlike the AP and coaches poll, what we don't know is how closely grouped the 1 loss teams are in the committee's minds. With the other voting polls, we see the point totals.

And that could happen but just don't think it will. Ole Miss lost to that 2 loss LSU team and they didn't even budge. If that doesn't drop you, then losing a close game to #3 won't have much affect on them either. That is just my opinion.

While this first set is irrelevant, it just shows how much bullsh#t it is to say the SEC is so far ahead of any other conference if it were the real thing. 4 team playoff with 3 SEC teams, meaning a potential SEC national champ could go through both games without playing anyone from outside their own conference. Like 2011. HOW DO WE KNOW. No one else gets another shot. New Years day bowl games with the Big 10-while we need to start winning these things-are not nearly the blowouts ESPN wants you to think they are, and are actually usually pretty close. The thing is, the SEC is put so far up the pedestal, that they never have to prove it against anyone else. Proving it against itself is deemed as good enough.

• Fire 1

SEC teams are soooo hyped which leads to high rankings, which leads to "Great Wins" by other SEC teams. Hopefully when they all have 2+ losses they finally drop out of the top 10.

The SEC just isn't as good as everyone thinks it is. Does anyone actually believe that if we beat Michigan State, we would be ranked 3rd as an undefeated? It just isn't so. They would say, yeah but MSU sucks, they lost to Oregon and play in the B10. Nebraska doesn't have a legit win on their schedule. Drives me bonkers.