CFB Selection Committee Rankings (Updated 11/11)

Kernal

While this first set is irrelevant, it just shows how much bullsh#t it is to say the SEC is so far ahead of any other conference if it were the real thing. 4 team playoff with 3 SEC teams, meaning a potential SEC national champ could go through both games without playing anyone from outside their own conference. Like 2011. HOW DO WE KNOW. No one else gets another shot. New Years day bowl games with the Big 10-while we need to start winning these things-are not nearly the blowouts ESPN wants you to think they are, and are actually usually pretty close. The thing is, the SEC is put so far up the pedestal, that they never have to prove it against anyone else. Proving it against itself is deemed as good enough.

Count- If this is the final top 4 (which it wouldn't be) I would become the biggest Winston & FSU fan in the nation. KNOCK OUT THE SEC!

Gary Sharpe just said it, an basically the same scenario i explained this play off thread in 'Other Sports'. That the SEC is closer to having zero teams in it than they are to having 2+. The attrition that is about to take place down there is not only gonna play them out of it, but it's also gonna open doors for a lot of teams in that 8-15 range.

Don't see what the big fuss is about. These are rankings as they currently stand.

Bama still needs to play Miss St and Auburn

Auburn still needs to play Ole Miss and Bama

Miss State still needs to play Bama and Ole Miss

Ole Miss still needs to play Auburn and Miss State

If any SEC gets in, it might be Georgia.

Here's my dream scenario.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/72096-predict-the-playoff-4/&do=findComment&comment=1437712

Anyone else taking into account that of the four SEC teams in the top 6, each one still has to play 2 of the remaining 3? This first poll is so god damn irrelevant and is nothing but a damn joke waste of time.

And when one wins 7-6, the committee decides this proves how tough it is to win the sec and drops neither.

This right here...Ole Miss and Auburn play this weekend and I bet the loser doesn't drop out of the top 10. It is just going to be a rotating of the top SEC teams in the top 5-6.

LSU is that team with 2 losses and a win among the highly ranked SEC teams, and they are at #19. Granted, one of those losses was by a lot, but I'll bet another 2 loss SEC team would drop behind many of the 1 loss teams.

Unlike the AP and coaches poll, what we don't know is how closely grouped the 1 loss teams are in the committee's minds. With the other voting polls, we see the point totals.

LSU has 1 good win now. If they get a second one against Bama the Tigers could be the 4th SEC team in the playoff.

Don't see what the big fuss is about. These are rankings as they currently stand.

I still don't see any of those teams losing and dropping out of the top 10.

Each one plays another top 10 team and they wont get penalized for it. Again, see Ole Miss and their loss to LSU

Gary Sharpe just said it, an basically the same scenario i explained this play off thread in 'Other Sports'. That the SEC is closer to having zero teams in it than they are to having 2+. The attrition that is about to take place down there is not only gonna play them out of it, but it's also gonna open doors for a lot of teams in that 8-15 range.

15 you say......

• Fire 1

Cough, Cough - Beat them last year.

How do they seriously justify and feel good about themselves of they leave out 2 conference champions to bring in a second SEC school. I know there is alot of football left but good grief. I expected the committee to not be so stupid.

I really think that there shouldn't be 2 from any conference in the top 4. Let alone 3.

• Fire 1

1. Mississippi State

2. Florida State

3. Auburn

4. Ole Miss

5. Oregon

6. Alabama

7. TCU

8. Michigan State

9. Kansas State

10. Notre Dame

11. Georgia

12. Arizona

13. Baylor

14. Arizona State

15. Nebraska

16. Ohio State

17. Utah

18. Oklahoma

19. LSU

20. West Virginia

21. Clemson

22. UCLA

23. East Carolina

24. Duke

25. Louisville

There's an article up now on ESPN: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11780604/college-football-playoff-rankings-mississippi-state-bulldogs-florida-state-seminoles-top

Not sure I understand this new method- I think the top four teams will play in two bowl games and the final two in a championship game in the new year. I don't know if this is much better than the BCS or the previous method. Looking at this first list, its possible that there could be more than 4 teams considered worthy- especially by the fans and writers.

I still think they should play all bowl games as they have been played up to now and then select the top 4 teams. The semi-finals should be played in mid January and the championship game on the day before the Super Bowl. There may be more than 4 teams looking like championship teams after all bowl games are played but less likely that the present method. I sent an email to Perlman and his opinion was that the extended time would be too disruptive to the academics. I think only four schools would be affected and they would be more than compensated by huge TV revenues.

FCS teams play a 24-team playoff and somehow manage to still be college students- I think their games all take place in December. Perlman is full of crap.

The committee's top four teams will be in the two playoff bowls with the winners playing in a new championship game. I believe the committee will also select the participants for the four non-playoff major bowls. Not sure if they are locked in to #5-#12, or how that all works.

And no one watches their regular season.

It's funny that you think their play off is why nobody watches their regular season.

I think everyone needs to relax about this ranking and how the SEC teams currently stand. As others have stated, it is going to play itself out. Who cares if an SEC team is still in the top 10 after a loss. All that matters is that they are out of the top 4 at the end.

The SEC is a boogeyman to a lot of people.

• Fire 1

How do they seriously justify and feel good about themselves of they leave out 2 conference champions to bring in a second SEC school. I know there is alot of football left but good grief. I expected the committee to not be so stupid.

I really think that there shouldn't be 2 from any conference in the top 4. Let alone 3.

Who is currently a conference champion?

Ole Miss at 4 is surprising.

That game vs Auburn is gonna be fun to watch.

Yet, somehow, it will prove how great both of them are and they'll both rise in the rankings. ;)

There's a scathing column in Rolling Stone elucidating this ESPN/SEC shell game. It's worth a read.

----------> "...Where No. 3 Ole Miss' loss on Saturday might ordinarily represent a setback to such a cause, ESPN has created such an incestuous bubble of hype that there can be no arguing when these teams lose. "Alabama lost, but it was to Ole Miss...Ole Miss lost, but it was to LSU...LSU lost, but it was to Auburn… Auburn lost, but it was to Mississippi State." <-----------

That is a very good article.

I find it interesting that the committee claims they don't take into consideration conferences. However, in essence, they do by what this article is about. Ol Miss, Miss St, Auburn and Alabama all benefit and are put in this position pretty much because they are in the SEC and their wins over various other SEC teams are viewed as so amazing that they deserve to be where they are in this poll.