Fisher at Big Red Breakfast

Mavric

On the day before Kenny Bell will likely set another Nebraska career receiving record, the senior’s position coach wanted to honor Bell’s play.

So about 120 fans at Friday’s weekly Big Red Breakfast watched Nebraska receivers coach Rich Fisher share 30 minutes of highlight video, much of it focusing on Bell.
They saw all of about three Bell catches.
The rest of the film session focused on his blocking.
“This might be the single best block I’ve seen from a receiver in my career,” Fisher said while showing Bell’s block during Ameer Abdullah’s 50-yard run against Northwestern.
On the play, Bell made initial contact with the Northwestern defensive back near midfield, stayed with his block while running down the Northwestern sideline and continued to drive his defender through the end zone and beyond the goal posts, before finally relenting.
Fellow wide receiver Jordan Westerkamp told Fisher he’d have to find a way to credit Bell with more “Perimeter Warrior” points for such a block.
Westerkamp was referring to Fisher’s annual award he bestows upon the Nebraska receiver who earns the most points in Fisher’s scoring system for blocking on the perimeter.
A knockdown block, for instance, is a big point-getter. Bell had two such blocks last week against Rutgers on Abdullah’s 53-yard touchdown run.

LJS

I fo one be dam glad to see da pressure out back on the receivers blocking. Be pleased as honey on cornbread if I saw da oline keep track of pancakes again

Please just stop

I'm starting to think it's Polo's sock. He has been somewhat absent since this guy showed up.

Or it's Knapp trying to be cool

More praise for Kenny Bell and everyone ignores it.

Kenny's comments above solidified him IMO, in his rightful place of Husker greats. That kid gets "IT". The staff, (and I complain about them often) do get it it right when it comes to recruiting kids and teaching them about life after football in addition to looking for character

This team desperately needs someone to step up and keep Moore on the bench. Hopefully Reilly is that guy. Switch Moore to defense ASAP.

I feel like Moore will get better as he is just a sophomore...he is showing improvement and think he can be solid if he can eliminate some of the drops. Just catch the ball first and then worry about getting yards. I actually am looking for more out of Allen.