Keys to beating Wisconsion

I haven't seen Wisconsin play this year. I did look at their stats though. They seem one dimensional. Strong run game and poor passing team. QB is not very good from what I can see. Just looking at it from a broad brush , I think we have a decent chance to surprise some of our critics in two weeks.

Keys to winning IMHO. No specific order.

Offense

1. Simplify offense. Beck hopefully has been humbled enough against Purdue last week to make things less complicated against Wisconsin. At least for this game. He seems to have a short memory though.

2. Heal up Ameer. Bo said he is coming along nicely and should be ready for Wisconsin.

3. Clean up bad snaps. Two weeks to get this fixed.

4. Correct mis-communications between QB and receivers. Wisconsin has a pretty stout defense. We will be forced to pass at times to keep them honest. This goes back to simplifying the offense.

5. Put the best 5 offensive lineman in the game and sub as needed.

6. Eliminate stupid penalties and mental lapses. This goes back to simplifying the offense.

7. Eliminate turnovers for this game.

Defense

1. Defend against the run first. Stack box and force them to throw it. Make them one dimensional.

2. Heal up Santos. He looks slow. The knee injury is showing.

3. Reduce penalties.

4. Win the turnover battle.

I know this can is easier said than done, but proper game planning especially on offense can make this a reality. We have them beat in talent . We seems to play decent when we are away so that helps minimize the advantage of the home field.

We are finally here to see what this team is made up off. Wisconsin is starting to surge as I expected they would. Our players are fighters most of the time. The exceptions I've seen is when the offense is so confused they don't know what to do like against Purdue. Also Michigan St.

This game has made me nervous for quite a while. It's not because of all the reasons Husker fans are whining and crying about. It's because Wisconsin has talent and they have been winning pretty easy as of late. They have lost to LSU at home by 4 and Northwestern. Northwestern is historically a team that reaches up and bites a better team every year. This year it was Wisconsin.

So far this year, the only close win they have had was against Illinois and that was by 10 points.

This is not a bad team we are going to go play in a week and a half. It's a very good team on their home field.

Now, I think we can beat them. I think we have the talent and have proven we can play good teams either close or win. Our defense is playing very well right now and it's based on the front 4 playing well against both the run and pass. That helps every other defensive unit behind them. Our LBs have been questionable early in the season but they are starting to play better now also.

Dang...I can't wait for this game. I hate off weeks even though we needed one right now.

NU needs to slow down their run game. I don't think you shut it down completely. Gordon will get his yards, make them drive the length of the field to score no big runs. When they get into the red zone make them settle for 3. Their passing game really is anemic. Our defense is pretty good and I think they will be dialed into the game.

Offensively TA needs to have a good day running and throwing. He doesn't have to put up 300 yards passing, he just needs to be efficient. If Ameer doesn't play or plays sparingly I think TA, Newby and Cross need to collectively get about 250 yards rushing and they should be OK.

This game has made me nervous for quite a while. It's not because of all the reasons Husker fans are whining and crying about. It's because Wisconsin has talent and they have been winning pretty easy as of late. They have lost to LSU at home by 4 and Northwestern. Northwestern is historically a team that reaches up and bites a better team every year. This year it was Wisconsin.

So far this year, the only close win they have had was against Illinois and that was by 10 points.

This is not a bad team we are going to go play in a week and a half. It's a very good team on their home field.

Now, I think we can beat them. I think we have the talent and have proven we can play good teams either close or win. Our defense is playing very well right now and it's based on the front 4 playing well against both the run and pass. That helps every other defensive unit behind them. Our LBs have been questionable early in the season but they are starting to play better now also.

Dang...I can't wait for this game. I hate off weeks even though we needed one right now.

LSU was a nuetral site game. And also, the Northwestern game could have been a different story if it hadn't been for interceptions from their awful, awful quarterbacks. Melvin Gordon still had 259 rushing yards against them. But turnovers are part of the game and Northwesten won that game fair and square I suppose.

We need to force them to throw the ball. Do that and we should have this game wrapped up by the 4th quarter. I'd like to see Purdue get a couple of picks on Stave and get into his head. He's been looking better lately and I don't like that. McEvoy is a bit of a threat to run but doesn't have blazing speed. He can't throw for sh#t. His INTs outnumber is TDs on the season so far. Looks like it's going to be a cold one up there so hopefully the staff will keep key players going on the sidelines to keep them loose.

I went to the Iowa v. NW game for those unfamilar Iowa won by like 41 points. This is the same Iowa that lost to an Iowa State with two wins. NW looked pathetic.

I pray the Huskers kick in the teeth of Wiscy nothing would make me happier, but like most fans I will believe it when I see it.

LSU was a nuetral site game. And also, the Northwestern game could have been a different story if it hadn't been for interceptions from their awful, awful quarterbacks. Melvin Gordon still had 259 rushing yards against them. But turnovers are part of the game and Northwesten won that game fair and square I suppose.

We need to force them to throw the ball. Do that and we should have this game wrapped up by the 4th quarter. I'd like to see Purdue get a couple of picks on Stave and get into his head. He's been looking better lately and I don't like that. McEvoy is a bit of a threat to run but doesn't have blazing speed. He can't throw for sh#t. His INTs outnumber is TDs on the season so far. Looks like it's going to be a cold one up there so hopefully the staff will keep key players going on the sidelines to keep them loose.

THE DENNIS SYSTEM....we just need to separate entirely by the 4th quarter...

• Fire 3

THE DENNIS SYSTEM....we just need to separate entirely by the 4th quarter...

I don't want us inspiring any hope though.

• Fire 2