Anyone go to any whiskey message boards?

NUinID

I didn't have the mental capacity to read every post in this thread but it's seems like in summation all the Wisconsin fans are trying to convince everyone else that just bcause every fan base in the B1G has had a bad experience in Madison it doesn't mean they are jerks...hmm...OK makes sense

If you find yourself in a situation where you think you're in a room full of a$$hole$, it's likely that you're the a-hole.

It sounds like you did not put any effort into discerning what was actually a threat to your family and what was simply trash talk at a sporting event.

In what world should this even be a concern? One of the more repugnant things I've read.

Exactly...it is not what the person saying the things feels...it is what the person on the other end feels.

Like...when a dude keeps texting a girl over and over and over...he thinks its sweet and he is showing he likes her...she is totally creeped out and thinks that its the second coming of Ted Bundy.

Trash Talk: Your team sucks!

Not Trash Talk: Hey, you got a pretty wife...I bet she would rather be with a man that has a 12 inch dong hanging between his legs and knows how to use...oh yeah...cute kid too...he can learn to be a real man by watch me...your team sucks.

If you ignore all nuance and put words into my mouth. What I actually said is that we get rowdy for football games. Do individuals cross the line? Sure, a couple dozen people are arrested every game day for crossing the line, but that behavior is not generally acceptable at the Camp, thus the arrests. Many posters here made it seem like the stadium was giving a standing ovation as drunks spit on grandmas or throw stuff at kids. That is BS. I have been going to Badger games for 25 years now and I have seen maybe one fight in that entire time, I have never seen opposing fans physically threatened or unduly taunted. Do we curse at opposing fans? Absolutely, but not all curses are the same. The ones that UW fans engage in are goodnatured ribbing, not cruel insults meant to threaten you. Heck we swear at ourselves with far more gusto than we use on opposing fans (except Iowa, F*&% Iowa). If you feel that getting chanted 'A***ole' at you by a bunch of kids is over the line or somehow impugns the entire Badger fan base as savage thugs, Camp Randall is not the place for you. They probably did give an old Nebraska fan an A-hole chant. That is how we do it, if you wear another teams colors into our house you are going to get the A-hole chant. I know this is very much not how they do it in Nebraska, where there is almost a cult of kindness around the football team and that is fine. You get a lot of respect around the nation for being the classiest fan base in CFB and it is clearly important to a lot of you. We pride ourselves on something different and find your obsession with politeness a bit odd and off putting. That culture shock combined with the absolutely embarrassing loss to a program that is basically you from 20 years ago, twisted the experience into something much darker than it really was.

Suddenly some good natured, if drunk, chants become much more sinister in their intent. People pushing through a crowded stadium, again mostly drunk, and spilling things on people rows in front is no longer a simple accident but a targeted assault. We see it all the time. People that come to the Camp expecting their team to lose and/or people whose priority is to have a great experience leave feeling that they just had the time of their life and that Camp Randall is a truly unique and special place. When we play teams like OSU, PSU, or Nebraska who go into every game expecting their team to win going away suddenly the Camp is Sodom and Gomorrah where no kid is safe and grandmas are beat up in the bathroom. Also Iowa. F*** Iowa. You guys have a nice shiny new thing going on with them that will probably turn into a rivalry. We have been slugging it out every year now since the Wright brothers were in swaddling clothes. They are about as biased and jealous a source on all things UW as you can find. Minny fans are resigned to their fate as our inferior, Iowa still thinks they are the better program and our sustained success gets under their skin like no other.

Once again the point is that we watch our team differently than you do. You can stand on your high horse and talk down to us about our behavior all you want. We don't care, its not going to change just because you guys are in the B1G now. We are going to keep doing what we do they way we want to do it. If you don't like that, don't come to Madison expecting something else, you will be disappointed.

Brilliant! Wordy justification for anti-social behavior, AND you think it actually makes it ok. Wow!

We swear at old people and call them a-hole. (it's ok, that's just how it is)

We act like asshats because we don't know how to behave in public. (it must be someone else's fault for taking exception to the behavior)

We're going to keep on acting like dickheads because, well, that is what we are and we feel like it. mmmmkay.

I don't believe I will be going Madison ever. I can get my fill of the "feel" of Camp Randall by watching reruns of Jackass and I choose to not reward the behavior with my money. I know you won't miss me and I sure won't miss Wisconsin fans. Already have passed up CU fans and that is saying something.

lulz bigsdrip, your badgers are more like the buffaloes of the 90's minus the NC..

It sounds like you did not put any effort into discerning what was actually a threat to your family and what was simply trash talk at a sporting event.

In what world should this even be a concern? One of the more repugnant things I've read.

Exactly...it is not what the person saying the things feels...it is what the person on the other end feels.

Like...when a dude keeps texting a girl over and over and over...he thinks its sweet and he is showing he likes her...she is totally creeped out and thinks that its the second coming of Ted Bundy.

Trash Talk: Your team sucks!

Not Trash Talk: Hey, you got a pretty wife...I bet she would rather be with a man that has a 12 inch dong hanging between his legs and knows how to use...oh yeah...cute kid too...he can learn to be a real man by watch me...your team sucks.

The only time that was acceptable trash talking was when the following was issued by the great, Clubber Lang "Hey, Woman. Hey, Woman! Listen here. Since your old man ain't got no heart, maybe you like to see a real man. I bet you stay up late every night dreamin' you had a real man, don't ya? I'll tell you what. Bring your pretty little self over to my apartment tonight, and I'll show you a real man."

I love that Clubber Lang lived in a APT...even though he was like ranked as the #1 challenger!

Well you don't know how nice that apartment was though. It could have been like the one the Rock had on the Game Plan! Of course I am sure there is a rich word for apartment that I wouldn't know about!!

Loft

Flat.