****** What did we learn - Wisky Edition ******

In 5 of 8 quarters against the only non-sh#t competition we've faced this year, we were outscored 76-3.

I keep posting this cuz it's so mind boggling. I mean, think about that for a sec. Or lets just say 86-20 minus the 4th quarter of the Michigan St game.

Today it was because we didn't know what to expect. I mean, have you ever heard of that running back before? He's from Kenosha. No one knows where that is except Salmon fishermen (and they do have great Salmon fishing). Heard Ameer is friends with the guy. Wonder if AA warned our coaches about him? The guy on TV kept saying his one flaw was lack of speed. Looked fast to me.

I think next year we should schedule 2 bye weeks ahead of this game; hell, take 3. And to think, Bo was so looking forward to this game after the 2012 game got away from us. Bo don't know diddley.

Man was I pumped for this one. Just had that feeling. Cranked up a little of the intro to The Alan Parsons Project's "Eye In The Sky" (not many of you knew that's where the tunnel walk music comes from, did ya?), and then we jumped on em early. Had that "Alright, we're going to blow em out feeling" like we use to get so often yesteryear, and then yesteryear became last year. What happened? FOURHUNDREDANDFOUR sorry, but all his yards seemed to run together. In 3 quarters? WOW! Bummer!

Tom O. "If I hire you what are you going to do to shore up the defense"?

Bo "If you would have hired me 3 years ago you wouldn't be asking me that question now"?

REALLY? REALLY, Bo?

This is our programs lowest moment. Who's to blame? I hate to say it, and it will piss a lot of people off, but the legendary Tom Osborne owns this one and the one before it, and Solich. Why did you let him go Tom? Weren't they calling for your head early on in your career? Didn't you remember that? Did Frank do a bad job? Record sure doesn't confirm that especially when held up next to his two successors.

"Successors" doesn't seem an appropriate word to describe these two.

FOURHUNDREDANDFOUR?

What the hell are you talking about?

Melvin Gordon is widely regarded as one the best running backs in the nation. For the better part of 2 whole seasons now. You lost me with this one.

Read it again count. That's the point. We had an extra week to prepare for exactly what we knew was coming, and we failed miserably. Can you say "sarcasm"? How many ya had today?

Jeebus man. My bad.

I havent had any. And after a game like that, it's apparent that's the problem. Yes? LOL

I think all of us are a bit confounded after that pasting. I took the cure years ago or I would join you. Hell, let's go hit the bars and drown our sorrow together. :)

We didn't learn anything. Every issue is recurring.

It's incredible how fickle most fans are. Those questioning the program's direction and/or the coaching staff after the Purdue game or the McNeese St. game (or any other game that wasn't a loss) were tarred and feathered. Now everyone jumps over to their side, as if some revelation has occurred. It hasn't. This happens every year, and it will continue to happen. Wins over Minnesota, Iowa and/or some halfway decent team in some meaningless bowl game wouldn't change that, although you can bet many fans would convince themselves it would.

For two seasons we looked like a legitimate top 20 program: 2009 and 2010. This was fueled primarily by the huge amount of defensive talent stockpiled by Callahan's staff. (Even then, we failed to lose less than four games or win a conference championship.) Since that dried up, we have been very mediocre, struggling to hit the nine win mark in a bad conference and always embarrassing ourselves at least once on the big stage.

2011: L 17-48 vs. Wisconsin and L 17-45 vs. Michigan. The writing was on the wall. But most clung to the excuse that we needed time to adjust to the Big 10 style. Nonsense. We were getting beat in the basics: blocking, tackling, coaching adjustments.

2012: L 38-63 vs. Ohio St. and 31-70 vs. Wisconsin. Breaking records of the wrong kind.

2013: L 21-41 vs. UCLA and L 17-38 vs. Iowa.

2014: L 24-59 vs. Wisconsin.

• Fire 3

This team is deeply and fundamentally flawed. You play like you practice, and this team isn't practicing very well. For the last 3 wins people on this board have been talking about how sloppy we were and everyone said to "Just be happy with the win." Well, today those chickens came home to roost. Bo has two games left to leave an impression that he is capable of leading this program.

This program is long overdue for changes. Coaches/Atmosphere/Attitude/Effort, it all sucks.

Minny and Iowa are not good enough to leave a good impression with wins. However, they are good enough to beat the sh#t out of NU if they don't play at thier best, and I really don't expect NU to be at thier best the next two weeks. I expect a close loss vs Minny and another uninspired effort against Iowa much like last year.

We didn't learn anything. Every issue is recurring.

It's incredible how fickle most fans are. Those questioning the program's direction and/or the coaching staff after the Purdue game or the McNeese St. game (or any other game that wasn't a loss) were tarred and feathered. Now everyone jumps over to their side, as if some revelation has occurred. It hasn't. This happens every year, and it will continue to happen. Wins over Minnesota, Iowa and/or some halfway decent team in some meaningless bowl game wouldn't change that, although you can bet many fans would convince themselves it would.

For two seasons we looked like a legitimate top 20 program: 2009 and 2010. This was fueled primarily by the huge amount of defensive talent stockpiled by Callahan's staff. (Even then, we failed to lose less than four games or win a conference championship.) Since that dried up, we have been very mediocre, struggling to hit the nine win mark in a bad conference and always embarrassing ourselves at least once on the big stage.

2011: L 17-48 vs. Wisconsin and L 17-45 vs. Michigan. The writing was on the wall. But most clung to the excuse that we needed time to adjust to the Big 10 style. Nonsense. We were getting beat in the basics: blocking, tackling, coaching adjustments.

2012: L 38-63 vs. Ohio St. and 31-70 vs. Wisconsin. Breaking records of the wrong kind.

2013: L 21-41 vs. UCLA and L 17-38 vs. Iowa.

2014: L 24-59 vs. Wisconsin.

+1, but hindsight remains 20/20.

Little by little all of the little variables and possible explanations for these performances have been cancelled out. It's not the conference. It's not the quarterback situation. It's not the overall talent or something specific like having Cam Meredith playing DT in the B1G CCG. It's not even really the coordinators, although I think Tim Beck's weak-sauce offensive philosophy plays right into the general fragility of Pelini's defense. All of these things have been given due consideration. I threw around words like "systemic issues" in the past. I thought maybe this year with a different offensive approach and a new quarterback would find our way past a few of them, but it's not to be. It was just more BS from the spin room in Lincoln.

Now there is only one remaining link between all of these avalanche losses: Bo Pelini.

• Fire 1

What I learned is that we are going in the history books for giving up the most yards to a single RB....can you believe that the legendary blackshirt defense will be forever known (contigent on record being broken) for that?! Just absolutely sad.

Brings back the memory's of the shellacking we took by the Red Raiders. I think, is this one is the worst beat down because of the physical pounding they gave us. We have out recruited them for four years according to the sites , guess they just know how to play football we haven't learned.

What I learned is that our coaches don't know how to teach. They know how to give orders and yell at their players but they don't seem to know how to teach. There are a few exceptions (Fisher/Brown) but the rest, sorry. I would love to see us hire coaches that can teach our boys to play disciplined football.

I keep seeing Fisher's name meantioned as one of the "good" coaches we have, but why? The WRs have not been good this season.
  • Fire 1

In 5 of 8 quarters against the only non-sh#t competition we've faced this year, we were outscored 76-3.

I keep posting this cuz it's so mind boggling. I mean, think about that for a sec. Or lets just say 86-20 minus the 4th quarter of the Michigan St game.

Today it was because we didn't know what to expect. I mean, have you ever heard of that running back before? He's from Kenosha. No one knows where that is except Salmon fishermen (and they do have great Salmon fishing). Heard Ameer is friends with the guy. Wonder if AA warned our coaches about him? The guy on TV kept saying his one flaw was lack of speed. Looked fast to me.

I think next year we should schedule 2 bye weeks ahead of this game; hell, take 3. And to think, Bo was so looking forward to this game after the 2012 game got away from us. Bo don't know diddley.

Man was I pumped for this one. Just had that feeling. Cranked up a little of the intro to The Alan Parsons Project's "Eye In The Sky" (not many of you knew that's where the tunnel walk music comes from, did ya?), and then we jumped on em early. Had that "Alright, we're going to blow em out feeling" like we use to get so often yesteryear, and then yesteryear became last year. What happened? FOURHUNDREDANDFOUR sorry, but all his yards seemed to run together. In 3 quarters? WOW! Bummer!

Bo "If you would have hired me 3 years ago you wouldn't be asking me that question now"?

REALLY? REALLY, Bo?

This is our programs lowest moment. Who's to blame? I hate to say it, and it will piss a lot of people off, but the legendary Tom Osborne owns this one and the one before it, and Solich. Why did you let him go Tom? Weren't they calling for your head early on in your career? Didn't you remember that? Did Frank do a bad job? Record sure doesn't confirm that especially when held up next to his two successors.

FOURHUNDREDANDFOUR?

OK. So you are only 12 years old and don't remember that TO was out of the program before Solich was fired by SP. Please save us from your drivel, tell it to your cat.

T_O_B

REALLY? REALLY, Bo?

FOURHUNDREDANDFOUR?

OK. So you are only 12 years old and don't remember that TO was out of the program before Solich was fired by SP. Please save us from your drivel, tell it to your cat.

T_O_B

If you think Steve Pederson called that shot you obviously have no clue on how corporate decisions are made,. Spare me your master insight!