Coach?

hskerprid

Bo needed to make it to Indy to be retained after this season IMO

No. Just win 9. He just got a contract extension for winning 9 a year. Why would a trip to Indy be a requirement when he's being praised for less?
Doesn't he get an auto renew extension each season he is retained? Thought I read that somewhere
it's pretty standard practice to have your coach always have 4 years left on his contract that way he can tell recruits he'll be there the whole time they are

The more I look at Moglia, the more I like him, At this level you need a head coach who is a CEO, and can effectively FIND talent (coaches) delegate responsibility, but still have a grasp of the big picture and let the staff handle the details. The best salesman dont always make the best sales directors. Especially if you could pair Moglia with someone like a Scott Frost (young up and coming, but needs a few more years to learn the ropes) and then can have a seamless transition.

Frost's apparent refusal to move laterally is partially (perhaps primarily) due to some hard feelings with Bo from a few years back, right?

Frost currently earns $400,000 per year. Beck earns $700,000. If Bo was no longer in the picture and we offered frost a 75% pay raise, do you honestly believe he turns it down? It's very difficult to imagine him doing so.

Also, Helfrich is 41 years old. If Frost is holding out hope of replacing him, he's got a long wait.

Again... Why do people want Frost??? He essentially runs the SAME offense as Beck does!!! :LOLtartar

if you watch what Oregon does and what Nebraska does and think they are one and the same you are insane, Oregon's offense puts Beck's offense to shame

My bad. You're absolutely correct and all we need is for Scott Frost to swoop in with his coaching pedigree and change TA into Mariota. Say what, one Spring Practice as a timeline? Oh, and while you're getting Moglia to oversee all of this, kindly inform him of who will and will not be part of his staff. Best to start off letting them know who's really in charge.

Frost's apparent refusal to move laterally is partially (perhaps primarily) due to some hard feelings with Bo from a few years back, right?

Frost currently earns $400,000 per year. Beck earns $700,000. If Bo was no longer in the picture and we offered frost a 75% pay raise, do you honestly believe he turns it down? It's very difficult to imagine him doing so.

Also, Helfrich is 41 years old. If Frost is holding out hope of replacing him, he's got a long wait.

Again... Why do people want Frost??? He essentially runs the SAME offense as Beck does!!! :LOLtartar

if you watch what Oregon does and what Nebraska does and think they are one and the same you are insane, Oregon's offense puts Beck's offense to shame

My bad. You're absolutely correct and all we need is for Scott Frost to swoop in with his coaching pedigree and change TA into Mariota. Say what, one Spring Practice as a timeline? Oh, and while you're getting Moglia to oversee all of this, kindly inform him of who will and will not be part of his staff. Best to start off letting them know who's really in charge.

I apologize for calling you insane that was a bit much, but all I stated was that Oregon and Nebraska's offense's are not the same and if you watch these teams play its pretty obvious

MODS I posted these comments also in the rumor category, but thought it could belong on this thread as well. Feel free to place it wherever you see fit.

If Nebraska does make a change at the end of the season, Craig Bohl must be the first one we call.

He is a better Head Coach/CEO then he was a Defensive Coordinator. He was born in Lincoln. He played at Nebraska under Tom Osborne. He coached under Tom Osborne.

Look solely at his head coaching record:

(His record to date when this post was made)

His overall head coaching record is 108-38 (73.97 winning %) with 3 straight FCS National Championships at North Dakota State. Only the 2nd team ever in FCS history to pull off such an accomplishment.

Awards to his credit:

3x MVFC Coach of the Year (2011-2013)

2x Eddie Robinson Award (2012-2013)

2x AFCA Coach of the Year (2012-2013)

Coach Bohl knows not just the type of systems he wants to run on offense or defense, he knows the kind of culture he wants in his program. He understands how to build it, and more importantly how to sustain it.

The positive for Nebraska if they should hire Craig Bohl is that he totally gets the crazy fish-bowl culture of Husker football and it's passionate, and at times demanding fans. He knows in this state it is Nebraska football 24/7, 365 days a year.

Nebraska has always prided itself on playing good, clean, tough, fundamental football. To play with pride, a backbone, and doing it the right way. Craig Bohl would provide this as Nebraska's Head Coach if given the opportunity.

I'm okay with Bohl, but it seems like people want to know if his huge success was due to the division level he was coaching. There hasn't been enough time to tell anything from what he's done at Wyoming either.

This McElwain guy looks really good. He's not a newbie having been an assistant HC at Michigan State and has been the HC at Colorado State since 2012 so he has some experience under his belt. He's an OC AND QB coach so he has experience where Nebraska really needs it. THERE ARE COACHES OUT THERE THAT LOOK GOOD!!! I don't know about anyone else but I'm tired of hearing, 'Oh we can't fire Bo because who would come to Nebraska?" Well, this guy just might come here! We'll never know until we try.

1987–1994-Eastern Washington (QB/WR)

1995–1999-Montana State (OC)

2000–2002-Louisville (WR/ST)

2003–2005-Michigan State (Assistant HC)

2006-Oakland Raiders (QB)

2007-Fresno State (OC)

2008–2011-Alabama (OC/QB)

2012–present -Colorado State (HC)

I'm liking this guy, and we've had recent success with a former CSU coach in another sport. :)

Would Bohol come back though?

For the head coaching position, and a chance to revive the program...yes I think he would. He has said in multiple interviews at different times how much he idolizes Tom Osborne. He knows how much the Nebraska football program means to Osborne. Think what it would mean to Coach Bohl to return the program to it's former glory like it used to enjoy under Osborne.

Also I believe Coach Bohl still has family that live in Lincoln.

I like the idea of Bohl. If he hadn't already accepted a head coaching job at Wyoming.

I don't know the dynamics of it, but what your asking is to payoff Bo's contract and everyone else on his staff, and then pay for Craig Bohl's to get him from Wyoming.