Coach?

hskerprid

Saunders I have always admired your loyalty to the man. But in honesty, you had to expect it, fear it what ever you want to call it. This year has not been dominating, a near loss that still is mentioned on most programs saying we would lose this weekend. Bo has been blown out many times. Thinking that it was fixed again was your loyalty. Did I expect it to happen, most likely not, but did I know deep down that it could, if you say no, then you ignore his history. We had a very weak schedule. Got bitch slapped for 3/4 by MS. When we saw Ohio State walk in and just blast them, some questions had to arise.

yup. vegas knew. almost every "expert" knew. the fans not looking through rose-colored glasses knew.

8-1 was just the benefit of the timing of our schedule.

remember when people got flamed for not thinking our 18th ranked sos would hold up? lol.

Eh, I don't know about that. A 6 point spread and every "pick" being around 7 points doesn't mean they "knew" what was coming. Most thought we would lose, but nobody predicted a beating like that.

I like the idea of being able to pay Moglia substantially less since he is obviously not in coaching for the money, and his net worth is at least five times as much as any coach in football (college or NFL).

Currently

Pelini 3,230,000

Beck 700,000

Pap 310,000

Total: 4,240,000

Proposed

Moglia 1,500,000 (current salary: 175,000)

Frost: 800,000 (current salary: 400,000)

Proven DC TBD: 800,000

Total: 3,100,000

We save money and likely get a much better product. Moglia has another five years in him easily and can help pick out his replacement at that point.

joe-moglia1.jpg

BRING IT ON

Since we're just spitballin' here and since we're such risk takers, how about Charlie Weis, but to a long term contract only. He has got to have some success at some point and if not he adds to his retirement fund.

This can't be a serious post, can it?

Charlie is 41-49 lifetime in college and was 6-22 in his nearly two and a half years at Kansas. There would be torches and pitchforks at the stadium if Charlie Weis were hired.

Edit: two and half, not three and a half.

I like the idea of being able to pay Moglia substantially less since he is obviously not in coaching for the money, and his net worth is at least five times as much as any coach in football (college or NFL).

Currently

Pelini 3,230,000

Beck 700,000

Pap 310,000

Proposed

We save money and likely get a much better product. Moglia has another five years in him easily and can help pick out his replacement at that point.

This is a really intriguing idea. Moglia's an intelligent guy with a surprisingly solid resume, and Frost needs some more time, preferably in another system with strong leadership, where he can continue developing. At the DC spot, we just open the checkbook and get a proven winner, preferably someone later in their career with no HC ambition. Then, we build up Frost for the eventual move to HC.

Hypothetical. Maybe this was posted elsewhere already. Lets say Beck lands the job at Kansas and to help his friend Bo keep his job at Nebraska he takes paps with him.... Honestly if we get a good OC and Bo can be hands off on D I think he will work out. Bo can recruit players love him he runs a clean program

What makes you think Bo can make good coordinator choices? Based on past success? Shawn Watson? Tim Beck? John Papuchis? His "star" is Carl Pelini, who wasn't really the coordinator at all.

Currently

Pelini 3,230,000

Beck 700,000

Pap 310,000

Proposed

joe-moglia1.jpg

BRING IT ON

Thing about Moglia is that he is financially secure in every sense of the word. I know I have been back and forth and am guilty as anyone when it comes to being jaded by our schedule. I probably actually owe some an apology whether it was from my belief in Tommy or thinking our defense had matured to a point. SOOOO to those I have argued with, my bad.

On another note, our chances of replacing our head coach did get more difficult as Glenn Smith who was running on the "Fire Bo Pelini" ticket for a spot on the board regents lost to Schafer(sp?) who pretty much has supported our coaches through and through....

Hypothetical. Maybe this was posted elsewhere already. Lets say Beck lands the job at Kansas and to help his friend Bo keep his job at Nebraska he takes paps with him.... Honestly if we get a good OC and Bo can be hands off on D I think he will work out. Bo can recruit players love him he runs a clean program

You just don't really get it do you? BO is the PROBLEM!!!!!

What makes you think Bo can make good coordinator choices? Based on past success? Shawn Watson? Tim Beck? John Papuchis? His "star" is Carl Pelini, who wasn't really the coordinator at all.

i really wish i knew why so many people are clamoring for giving bo a chance to bring in new coordinators.

seriously, why not hire someone we have reason to believe will bring in good coordinators? bo has not. we have no reason to believe he will. he was hired to fix the defense, which is setting records. just not the kind a fixed defense should be setting. so why the hell would we want to keep him here? what does he bring to the table? other than being able to fix the special teams, but then it was because he could not make the right coaching hire to do that and had to do it himself.

Frost's apparent refusal to move laterally is partially (perhaps primarily) due to some hard feelings with Bo from a few years back, right?

Frost currently earns $400,000 per year. Beck earns $700,000. If Bo was no longer in the picture and we offered frost a 75% pay raise, do you honestly believe he turns it down? It's very difficult to imagine him doing so.

Also, Helfrich is 41 years old. If Frost is holding out hope of replacing him, he's got a long wait.

Again... Why do people want Frost??? He essentially runs the SAME offense as Beck does!!! :LOLtartar

if you watch what Oregon does and what Nebraska does and think they are one and the same you are insane, Oregon's offense puts Beck's offense to shame

My bad. You're absolutely correct and all we need is for Scott Frost to swoop in with his coaching pedigree and change TA into Mariota. Say what, one Spring Practice as a timeline? Oh, and while you're getting Moglia to oversee all of this, kindly inform him of who will and will not be part of his staff. Best to start off letting them know who's really in charge.

You don't get it do you? it is not about which offense you run it is about the big picture. You need an intelligent coach with an ability to surround yourself with good solid people and then show leadership to move us forward and away from being a national laughing stock