OWH: Twitter reaction: Former Huskers, others react to Nebraska-Wisconsin game

Where is Suck-Up Sipple? After a humiliating loss like today, in past seasons he has put out an editorial right away talking about how some things need to change, but we need to keep giving Bo a chance, and he marginalizes fans by saying the "vocal minority" are once again calling for Pelini's resignation, and that everyone just needs to calm down a bit. It will be fun to see how he tries to do a tightrope dance with this performance.

He might be a bit torn now. It was his question that elicited the "I don't look at the big picture" response from Pelini. And you can only see the same rerun so many times before its time to change the channel.

Sipple is a guy that is so afraid of losing his access to the team/program that he is unwilling to call it like it is. I honestly can't wait to see how he defends Bo on this one, or marginalizes those of us calling for Bo's ouster.

Sipple's column did go up. He's not exactly defending Pelini. Even alluded to Eichorst having unpleasant things to think about on the flight home. For Sip, its a pretty harsh column.

I love the guys on this team and I've loved following them this year - including Pelini, who I think has done a very good turnaround in the whole "face of the program" department. I can't even be too mad about today, having missed the game, while having a nice weekend otherwise.

But after another blowout like this, I have to say I'm pretty ambivalent to the idea of blowing it all up and starting over. If that happens, it'd be quite understandable. And I'd be OK with seeing what another staff can do.

So I guess we'll see how this season ends -- it could be an 11-3 season, after all -- and let the chips fall where they may! Best of luck, Bo.

Where is Suck-Up Sipple? After a humiliating loss like today, in past seasons he has put out an editorial right away talking about how some things need to change, but we need to keep giving Bo a chance, and he marginalizes fans by saying the "vocal minority" are once again calling for Pelini's resignation, and that everyone just needs to calm down a bit. It will be fun to see how he tries to do a tightrope dance with this performance.

He might be a bit torn now. It was his question that elicited the "I don't look at the big picture" response from Pelini. And you can only see the same rerun so many times before its time to change the channel.

Sipple is a guy that is so afraid of losing his access to the team/program that he is unwilling to call it like it is. I honestly can't wait to see how he defends Bo on this one, or marginalizes those of us calling for Bo's ouster.

Sipple's column did go up. He's not exactly defending Pelini. Even alluded to Eichorst having unpleasant things to think about on the flight home. For Sip, its a pretty harsh column.

Glad to see he is more harsh. As I stated earlier, I think it takes more time for some people to come to the same realization that many of us had about Bo a couple years ago. For a guy like Sipple, who knows Bo more personally and wants to like Bo, that relationship has clouded his judgment as a sports analyst. It's no different than many people who voted for our current President (one or two times), and are now finally having a wake up call that he is not the right leader we need.

Isn't it the very purpose of the Head Coach to look at the big picture? I think it's telling that Pelini isn't even pretending to care about it.

Moreover, if he's not concerned about the big picture, what exactly is he spending his time on? We have a QB who can't complete a pass, an offensive line that can't block, a defense that can't tackle, linebackers who are invisible on the field, and confused players and staff who don't seem to have a clue what the gameplan is, what's going wrong, or how to start fixing it.

So the question I have for Bo Pelini is:

ospace3.jpg

• Fire 4

I was in my car and thought I'd heard bo address "Sipp" in his answer; I was also wondering how this was going to get spun tonight or tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if he was really wrestling with how to handle the hot potato Bo dropped in his lap with that answer. Sure, everyone was there, but he can't act like he didn't hear it or easily ignore it in his piece. I'm going to bet that he'll interpret that as, "I don't like to get into big picture stuff [with the press]." Maybe that is what Bo meant, but it sure sounded like he doesn't do a lot of thinking about systemic issues or the evolution of the team and staff year to year.

Aaanyway. Yeah, this is probably a dark night for Sipp's soul. :D

What happens if Iowa beats Wisconsin and we beat Minny and Iowa.....................we end up in Indy? Oh look, national television again against OSU...................great!

If we end up in Indy, Bo gets a chance to save face... or fall on it even harder.

Dude. That's NOT happening. Wiscy has to lose both their last two, and we have to win each of our last two. And right now, each concept is equally laughable.

And frankly Bo looked defeated for the last time in the presser. He just looked different. Like he knew it was dun. I'm tellin you guys. He looks like someone who knows it's over. I watch and pay close attention to these things all the time.