Insiders, a little help please!

307husker

Bo has hit a ceiling? Yeah, I suppose, if that ceiling is getting skull f'd on national TV by any team with a heartbeat. You call it a ceiling, some of us call it the bottom of the barrel.

To me this is hitting the bottom of the barrel (in 2007)

@ *Missouri (12-2) L 6- 41

vs. *Oklahoma State (7-6) L 14- 45

vs. *Texas A&M (7-6) L 14- 36

@ *Texas (10-3) L 25- 28

@ *Kansas (12-1) L 39 -76

To me this:

9-4

10-4

10-4

9-4

10-4

9-4

8-2

Is hitting a ceiling.

Now should we go on and get bombed the rest of the way I would agree with you. Right now it is just a ceiling.

Really I don't understand the vitriol some posters have for other posters on here.

Right now? Right now? It's been 7 years. Bo has gotten those 9 & 10 win seasons due to playing weak teams (the victories we don't remember-according to Shatel). But I'm willing to say that's ok because our schedule and conference is what it is. But, how about those losses? It's not the fact that we lose, it's how we lose. (the losses we do remember according to Shatel).

Surely you can understand the vitriol. You have to be getting at least a little fed up with doing the same things and getting the same results, the hallmark of Pelini teams.

How much more time do you think he should be afforded?

What have you seen from Bo to make you think anything will change?

Personally, I don't understand how some posters have not reached the tipping point already. How hard do the facts have to hit a person in the face?

• Fire 3

Let's not forget how plucky some of those wins were. The Penn State game last year, the Northwestern hallmary that was all but lost, the multiple lucky penalties that enabled the comeback against MSU in 2012.

The streak of #9wins! is not only the product of a damned soft schedule, but also some incredible luck.

Every team is going to have let downs. People act like we are a team with 40 4*-5* players on our team. Oh yea OSU does and they lost to Va tech. Bama does they lost to Ole miss. A&M does and they suck. We are 8-2 with a bunch of 2-3* guys.

Let me go here....

A letdown. Letdowns are when a game just doesn't pan out for you. You lose a close one here and there, but you're always in the hunt.

Saban losing the Iron Bowl last year? Letdown.

LSU losing a close one to Bama? Letdown.

Mississippi State losing this last weekend? Letdown.

But....

In a let down - you don't give up school rushing records.

In a let down - you don't give up NCAA rushing records.

In a let down - you don't scream at players. You try to rally them.

In a let down - you don't scream at officials. It doesn't work.

In a let down - you don't get ran out of the building (literally).

In a let down - you don't get manhandled like you're a FCS-get-a-game-check opponent.

In a let down - you don't get your a** kicked.

What happened Saturday - that isn't the definition of a let down. That's the definition of an a** kicking choke job. Not just any a** kicking choke job.

It's an MMA style choke job. We're talking a Mike Tyson + Anderson Silva + Andre "The Giant" = You just got KTFO style a** kicking choke job.

And people are sick of it.

I hear people say, "Well, who wants to play here?"

Well - Who wants to play in Minnesota? Kids that want to play for Jerry Kill.

Who wants to play in Columbus? Kids that want to play for Urban Meyer.

Who wants to play in Madison? Kids that want to play for Gary Anderson.

Who wants to play in Baton Rouge? Kids that want to play for Les Miles.

Players play for a coach that they feel has their back. These kids gave up on Saturday. Bo says, "We made adjustments and they weren't followed through on."

Why? Why should they? All they're going to get when they do well on the sideline is a pat on the butt, but every time they make a mistake, they got your red a** face screaming and spitting all in theirs.

They gave up on Bo. Plain and simple. They won't say it. They're tired too.

Some support him no matter what, don't get me wrong. And I'm sure he's an okay guy off the field. But he's just not the right guy on it.

Not for Nebraska, at least.

And definitely not against Wisconsin.

• Fire 3

Bo has hit a ceiling? Yeah, I suppose, if that ceiling is getting skull f'd on national TV by any team with a heartbeat. You call it a ceiling, some of us call it the bottom of the barrel.

To me this is hitting the bottom of the barrel (in 2007)

@ *Missouri (12-2) L 6- 41

vs. *Oklahoma State (7-6) L 14- 45

vs. *Texas A&M (7-6) L 14- 36

@ *Texas (10-3) L 25- 28

@ *Kansas (12-1) L 39 -76

To me this:

9-4

10-4

10-4

9-4

10-4

9-4

8-2

Is hitting a ceiling.

Now should we go on and get bombed the rest of the way I would agree with you. Right now it is just a ceiling.

Really I don't understand the vitriol some posters have for other posters on here.

Let me say this as well - 9-4 and 10-3? That won't get you into your conference championship now a days. This is 2014, not 1984. Stop with the "he won 9 games each year" mess.

9 games doesn't even get you into your conference championship unless the rest of the conference is bad. Besides....

in 2012, Bo took a 10 - 2 Nebraska team into the B1G Championship game against a 7 - 5 Wisconsin team and got plastered, giving up the most rushing TDs in one game, amongst many other things.

Record meant diddly there too....

• Fire 1

Every team is going to have let downs. People act like we are a team with 40 4*-5* players on our team. Oh yea OSU does and they lost to Va tech. Bama does they lost to Ole miss. A&M does and they suck. We are 8-2 with a bunch of 2-3* guys.

Even if that is true (and it isn't), who's to blame for recruiting deficiencies? Santa Claus?

Personally, I don't understand how some posters have not reached the tipping point already. How hard do the facts have to hit a person in the face?

I don't think he needs to be afforded more time. I've seen positive from Bo in that we are better off now than when he got here but I have not seen him do anything yet to get us above the ceiling we are currently at which is being an average to slightly above average team.

I have reached the tipping point. I've said that I believe we need changes at the end of the year. All I've sad is that I want the administration to err on the side of caution and to make sure that when we make the change it will be one that will get us to the next level. I dont want us to pull a Florida and hire someone like Muschamp who looks good but will kill the program. I want someone who is going to do what Saban did for LSU and get us to the next level (keep in mind Saban was not considered to be a "great" hire for LSU).

Let me say this as well - 9-4 and 10-3? That won't get you into your conference championship now a days. This is 2014, not 1984. Stop with the "he won 9 games each year" mess.

I showed that he has won 9 or 10 games a year (with 4 losses) and consider that a ceiling.

The key word I used is "CEILING". That is NOT a good word. It means I believe he has taken us as far as he can. Which means we need to make the changes to get past that point.

I only said that I don't think the loss to Wisconsin was rock bottom because things were WAY worse under BC.

In short: Bo Pelini did some good things here and we are better off than when he started. However, we have seemed to hit a ceiling under Bo and changes need to be made because staying at this level is unacceptable.

I really have no idea what is so wrong in that logic.

And yes, I am pissed about the Wisonsin loss, it was an embarrasing loss because there is no excuse for it to happen. As I said right after the game, changes need to happen. I just want us to be very cautious and make sure we make the best possible changes even if that means giving Pelini one more year (if that is needed).

Well...you could make the argument that the two OCs we've had weren't very good (although good ol' SW has done some good things at Louisville), and that our defense wasn't terrible with Carl as DC (although 2011 was the first year the wheels really started to fall off).

I'm with you, though, might as well just get rid of the entire problem instead of some of it.

you could. but it would not be very compelling. bo retained or hired the two OCs, both successful away from bo. and our defense was not terrible with carl, but since then it has been bad and getting worse. obviously he benefited from fully stocked cupboards.

time to stop blaming the players and coordinators, whom bo is responsible for anyway.

I don't think he needs to be afforded more time. I've seen positive from Bo in that we are better off now than when he got here but I have not seen him do anything yet to get us above the ceiling we are currently at which is being an average to slightly above average team.

I have reached the tipping point. I've said that I believe we need changes at the end of the year. All I've sad is that I want the administration to err on the side of caution and to make sure that when we make the change it will be one that will get us to the next level. I dont want us to pull a Florida and hire someone like Muschamp who looks good but will kill the program. I want someone who is going to do what Saban did for LSU and get us to the next level (keep in mind Saban was not considered to be a "great" hire for LSU).

I showed that he has won 9 or 10 games a year (with 4 losses) and consider that a ceiling.

The key word I used is "CEILING". That is NOT a good word. It means I believe he has taken us as far as he can. Which means we need to make the changes to get past that point.

I only said that I don't think the loss to Wisconsin was rock bottom because things were WAY worse under BC.

What if Bill Callahan had let Kevin Cosgrove go and hired Pelini (or some other hotshot D coordinator) away from a really good school? What then?

He'd still be here, guaranteed. If his D had played up to it's potential and not been swiss cheese, then he'd probably still have had this job.

Don't forget - Bo's Defensive acumen was only solidified by one guy by the name of Suh - who was a Bill Callahan recruit.

Even if that is true (and it isn't), who's to blame for recruiting deficiencies? Santa Claus?

Completely agree. Couple things:

a) it is illogical to say we are playing with 2-3* only, which we aren't. We talked about how talented this program is, more so than the Wisconsin team we just got plowed by, that doesn't come with 2-3 star players. We have our fair share of 4* athletes. Even so, we should have the ability to develop these 2-3* players with the money that is pumped into the program (i.e. ticket sales, that fancy weight room - hell that might just be a recruiting gimmick and not actually used, research center)

b) When the top teams lose, they at least play a competitive game against other ranked teams. Lets play a number game, look at Bo's record against top 20 teams and then look at the point differential. The numbers don't lie and we are at a point where we are completely irrelevant and noncompetitive. As a top revenue generating program we expect and, honestly, deserve better production on the feel.

Headley , I guess not since I'm not allow to want to keep Pelini around.

I'll still be making the trip from baytown to Lincoln wed night. Hope it warms up

You can want to keep Pelini around all you want however I cannot comprehend how a person could possibly support the sh#t show we put on against any team on the big stage. When something of value is on the line we fold and have for all of Bos tenure.

Why do you want Bo? What is your reasoning? Worried we might be worse? I bet We won't win any fewer titles without him

It's easy to say we won't win any less since he hasn't won any. I get that. Hell we should have just kept Callahan. Who would come here and coach?

Gary Gibbs lasted six seasons at Oklahoma, followed by Howard Schnellenberger who lasted one season. John Blake, his replacement, only lasted three. I bet they are sure glad they did not settle for Blake in fear of nobody wanting to come coach there.
You know, if Callahan would had been willing to ditch his DC for one more competent, he'd still be coaching here, right?

It's the same damn situation again, only we're asking our HC to ditch the OC. If Bo does and gets one that's competent, we're rolling in titles and laughing about all of this.

The defense is worse than the offense. Bo has broken multiple Coz records for futility. The single game rushing record set Saturday may stand for 50 years.

The defense is worse than the offense. Bo has broken multiple Coz records for futility. The single game rushing record set Saturday may stand for 50 years.

It could have stood for all time, if Wisconsin had played Gordon for more than 3 quarters. Think about that. If he had played the 4th, he could have had 500 yards.

sd'sker, you need to stop. You just ran out all my +1's.

being in the much maligned "bo-leaver" group, i have had a lot bottled up. and being told time and again that people like me were trolls and dicks for wanting bo gone last year and that it is impossible to fire a 9-win coach with a +70% win percentage who are now saying bo needs to go, well it's got the blood boiling a little bit.

I hear ya brother it is called blinders off vindication!

Well...you could make the argument that the two OCs we've had weren't very good (although good ol' SW has done some good things at Louisville), and that our defense wasn't terrible with Carl as DC (although 2011 was the first year the wheels really started to fall off).

I'm with you, though, might as well just get rid of the entire problem instead of some of it.

you could. but it would not be very compelling. bo retained or hired the two OCs, both successful away from bo. and our defense was not terrible with carl, but since then it has been bad and getting worse. obviously he benefited from fully stocked cupboards.

time to stop blaming the players and coordinators, whom bo is responsible for anyway.

No. I agree with you. The *only* saving grace Bo Pelini has is if we back-door our way into the conference championship game and somehow beat Ohio State. The minute Wisconsin beats Iowa next week is the minute the ink on his pink slip is created.

You can't go 7 years without a conference title at a place like Nebraska. You certainly can't do it looking the way we have in some games.

• Fire 3