Insiders, a little help please!

307husker

I like Bo and frankly his being an a-hole to the media endeared him to me, but where once stood a fiery bastard that looked like he wanted to chew heads off officials now stands a man that looks like he's been defeated trying to get the masses on his side. His teams fold in almost every big game the minute they get punched in the gut. His teams are supposedly better at staying out of trouble and pulling the grades (which is great) but when they get out on the field collectively they play like a bunch of wussies against any team that fights back. The O-Line has been god awful with Barney, which was a hire many many people had an issue with before the staff even got into town. The defensive backfield has been out to lunch since Marvin Sanders decided to party it up on recruiting trips. Our linebackers and D-Line have looked horrible against good teams since they lost Suh eating 3 linemen or David running down every play, both players that absolutely were extreme cases of men amongst boys on the field. Our QB's have had to seek outside help to get coached and are extremely underdeveloped. Hell even our option QBs had Gill to coach them back in the day. Our running-backs and receivers have been good, maybe even exceptional in the running backs department for character and heart, but without a line its an extreme case of "what might have been". You can't just expect a Burkhead or Abdullah to win every game alone when the Oline looks like a bunch of high schoolers playing against pros by the second quarter. Our receivers are at best inconsistent catching the ball, but blocking is usually good on the perimeter. Our penalties are better this year but the Line does seem to find a way to dig holes for the offense at any inopportune moment they can.

It's time to open the checkbooks and send them all packing because coaches on both sides of the ball are simply outclassed by the coaches at the schools we need to beat (and most the schools we've struggled to beat but simply out-talented to a win). Bo's job was to pick those coaches and he chose wrong.

• Fire 4

Every team is going to have let downs. People act like we are a team with 40 4*-5* players on our team. Oh yea OSU does and they lost to Va tech. Bama does they lost to Ole miss. A&M does and they suck. We are 8-2 with a bunch of 2-3* guys.

Don't forget Michigan all those highly ranked recruiting classes they put together over the past 5 years.

I wouldn't say Bo has been defeated or is tired of the BS. He has evolved. It's his first HC gig. Whether he stays with the Huskers or not, he'll take a lot of lessons through his experience here. I think what we saw in his earlier years was a DC and he is turning into more of a head coach.

When you think about how college football has been described as more of a business. Pelini is a CEO that surrounds himself with board members who agree with him and don't challenge his ideals. For Pelini, its the next step he must take in evolving as a head coach, you don't need a staff full of people who contradict everything you do, but rather a mix of people who agree with some thing you do and disagree with others. I also don't think Pelini is aggressive when it comes to staff changes. The last time he was somewhat aggressive was when he fired Shawn Watson.

I love it when people say "Pelini can't stop the run!" Like he is the one out there suiting up with pads and a helmet. If Pelini couldn't stop the run, from a strategic standpoint, the majority of our games, if not every game would be like the Wisconsin game.

I love it when people say "Pelini can't stop the run!" Like he is the one out there suiting up with pads and a helmet. If Pelini couldn't stop the run, from a strategic standpoint, the majority of our games, if not every game would be like the Wisconsin game.

Western Illinois held Melvin Gordon to 38 yards on 17 carries.

Western f'ing Illinois.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me liking Bo here. It is what it is. His d-cord got his but whooped. I just feel there are others on the staff doing worse then him but are still around!

I'll take your side on this. I like Bo and I think in some respects he has been a success at Nebraska.

The program is definitely improved from the BC era and I commend him on that. Since Bo did improve the program his first few years I believe that he has the knowledge to improve the program.

My only issue with Bo is that the program has hit a ceiling under him the last few years. In his first 2-3 years he brought us from having a horrible team to a team that was being competitive and led us to 3 conference title games which was definitely a step in the right directions.

In the last 2-3 years we have been stagnant as a team that is good but not good enough to be considered with the top teams/programs.

If Bo can make the changes needed to get over that hump and bust through that ceiling I would like nothing more than having him on the sidelines.

If Bo can't or isn't willing to make the admittedly tough changes then I feel it is our best interest to have long discussions with the power that be about possibly changing directions with the program.

With that said I definitely believe Nebraska can and will be a power again.

This is really the bottom line here. The ceiling. We've been at the ceiling since Suh almost single handedly shut down texas. We still lost the CCG. I don't think Bo can take the next step and the reason is who Bo is. He is not a disciplined coach. He is a stubborn coach. The man is a petty coach that holds onto some pretty ridiculous grudges. Does he know how to coach. I believe he still does. Problem is, his lack of discipline infects the players. That's why we crumble in big games. That's why good teams usually beat us. It becomes an endurance race...who can keep from crumbling first. We usually lose.

It's hard to get rid of a coach that is having moderate success. But I think if it's done right, you can do it without looking like a fool...especially in today's college football world. I mean Auburn fired a guy that was what 1 or 2years removed from winning a National Title! So I don't think people are going to pull an Urban Meyer and second guess Nebraska anymore. Plus Solich was canned after significant improvement. Bo has flatlined and to fire a guy after he allows the NCAA single game rushing record to be broken in 3 quarters is going to be something a lot of potential coaches would understand (especially after giving up 73 in the CCG two years ago and the fan tirade tape released last season)

I wanted Bo to be hired. I wanted him to succeed. Even after the fan thing last season I still supported him. I would have even been okay keeping him had we not been embarrased by Wisconsin (even after MSU)...but to me the writing has been on the wall for years. I don't feel confident that he can take the next step.

• Fire 2

I don't expect anyone to agree with me liking Bo here. It is what it is. His d-cord got his but whooped. I just feel there are others on the staff doing worse then him but are still around!

I'll take your side on this. I like Bo and I think in some respects he has been a success at Nebraska.

The program is definitely improved from the BC era and I commend him on that. Since Bo did improve the program his first few years I believe that he has the knowledge to improve the program.

My only issue with Bo is that the program has hit a ceiling under him the last few years. In his first 2-3 years he brought us from having a horrible team to a team that was being competitive and led us to 3 conference title games which was definitely a step in the right directions.

In the last 2-3 years we have been stagnant as a team that is good but not good enough to be considered with the top teams/programs.

If Bo can make the changes needed to get over that hump and bust through that ceiling I would like nothing more than having him on the sidelines.

If Bo can't or isn't willing to make the admittedly tough changes then I feel it is our best interest to have long discussions with the power that be about possibly changing directions with the program.

With that said I definitely believe Nebraska can and will be a power again.

Bo has hit a ceiling? Yeah, I suppose, if that ceiling is getting skull f'd on national TV by any team with a heartbeat. You call it a ceiling, some of us call it the bottom of the barrel.

• Fire 1

Bo has hit a ceiling? Yeah, I suppose, if that ceiling is getting skull f'd on national TV by any team with a heartbeat. You call it a ceiling, some of us call it the bottom of the barrel.

To me this is hitting the bottom of the barrel (in 2007)

@ *Missouri (12-2) L 6- 41

vs. *Oklahoma State (7-6) L 14- 45

vs. *Texas A&M (7-6) L 14- 36

@ *Texas (10-3) L 25- 28

@ *Kansas (12-1) L 39 -76

To me this:

9-4

10-4

10-4

9-4

10-4

9-4

8-2

Is hitting a ceiling.

Now should we go on and get bombed the rest of the way I would agree with you. Right now it is just a ceiling.

Really I don't understand the vitriol some posters have for other posters on here.

It's hard to get rid of a coach that is having moderate success. But I think if it's done right, you can do it without looking like a fool...especially in today's college football world.

I totally agree and I do feel it can be done this year if needed. I just want us to make a very good descision and come out better than before. The last thing we need is another BC debacle. If it can be done correctly and the right coaching staff brought in then I have no problem with it,

That is why I am more than willing to err on the side of caution on this, just to make sure it is done correctly with every possible scenario examine.

I don't have any inside info, but my aunt who lives in Lincoln emailed me today to see if I want her Minnesota tickets. She's been a season ticket holder for more than forty years. After last night's shellacking, she has decided not to go to another game until Pelini is fired. If enough fans like her quit supporting the embarrassment that Nebraska football has become, things will change sooner rather than later. And no, I didn't want her Minnesota tickets.

This

I see issues. I'm not saying there aren't any. My issue is we need a

Real O-coordinator

Real D-coordinator

A Qb coach

And if you have a Head coach who wont go out and hire those and only hires his yes-men buddies.. then that falls on the HC.

I think many of us have given Bo a fair shake... The dude has not only lost but been embarrassed.

Last year after he lost to MN and IA, I thought he would realize that either Beck and Pap need to go or he will be gone... He had his chance and they are still here.

Real O-coordinator

Real D-coordinator

A Qb coach

And if you have a Head coach who wont go out and hire those and only hires his yes-men buddies.. then that falls on the HC.

I think many of us have given Bo a fair shake... The dude has not only lost but been embarrassed.

Last year after he lost to MN and IA, I thought he would realize that either Beck and Pap need to go or he will be gone... He had his chance and they are still here.

This.

Every team is going to have let downs. People act like we are a team with 40 4*-5* players on our team. Oh yea OSU does and they lost to Va tech. Bama does they lost to Ole miss. A&M does and they suck. We are 8-2 with a bunch of 2-3* guys.

Is it your opinion that Pelini has the unusual bad luck of constantly having players that cannot execute his schemes? If their inability to execute is not due to his staff's failure to teach and reinforce proper fundamentals, you must believe it is simply coincidence that year in and year out, the players that come through Nebraska cannot execute. So your choice is either coincidence or Pelini's schemes and approach to coaching are fundamentally, irrevocably broken.

Real O-coordinator

Real D-coordinator

A Qb coach

how are we still blaming the coordinators for the same problems that have existed with multiple coordinators and all new players?

and even if it made sense to blame the players and coordinators, which it does not, why is bo not responsible for that? so we are just going to pay a guy 3 mil. and hope he hires coordinators that get the players they need and win in spite of him? what the hell is bo good for? not defense, i can sure as hell tell you that.

Well...you could make the argument that the two OCs we've had weren't very good (although good ol' SW has done some good things at Louisville), and that our defense wasn't terrible with Carl as DC (although 2011 was the first year the wheels really started to fall off).

I'm with you, though, might as well just get rid of the entire problem instead of some of it.