Tressel

He is a perfect scenario for bringing in Frost as a coach in waiting, I would think in 5 years he could have Scott up to the management level he needed to be to take on a responsibility like Nebraska. A high end young DC and your set. It is running a business, experience is the key. You can be lucky, but normally qualified experienced personnel make it fly.

He is as close to Osborne as we would could ever get. Not flashy, good solid football, and I would think that would like erase the smudge on his record.

Age is only a number kids, learn it young, allows for a much happier and eventful life. Snyder would argue with you I am sure. The old boy still does a pretty good job.

He is a perfect scenario for bringing in Frost as a coach in waiting, I would think in 5 years he could have Scott up to the management level he needed to be to take on a responsibility like Nebraska. A high end young DC and your set. It is running a business, experience is the key. You can be lucky, but normally qualified experienced personnel make it fly.

He is as close to Osborne as we would could ever get. Not flashy, good solid football, and I would think that would like erase the smudge on his record.

Age is only a number kids, learn it young, allows for a much happier and eventful life. Snyder would argue with you I am sure. The old boy still does a pretty good job.

The indictment I put on his age has nothing to do with his capabilities. It's the continuity. How long would he be here? Yes, we'd definitely want a coach in waiting to some degree, cuz what if he decides to hang it up after a few successful years?

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Not that I have seen, but if the situation was right, giving him a chance at a major program, to leave a different result on his coaching line, I think he might be interested. You never know until you ask.

Your going to have to pay him for sure.

Ive been in full agreement on this. you gotta think a competitive and historically successful coach like Tress would LOVE an opportunity to right a stupid little wrong, patch up his legacy, and show everyone that he still had a LOT of time left. I think he'd be all in.

And imagine the press. The pub.

This is a concept that has intrigued me since last year about this time. And if he'd go along with a coach in waiting like a Frost for OC. Man, imagine the immediate flip in overall perception when it comes to the direction of the program. Excitement through the roof.

While it would probably suck to have him leave after a few years, I'll take every moment of success Nebraska can have at this point. Even if it is only for a couple years. At least if we could get back on the right path, it could make it easier to find a new HC after that who most would be satisfied with.

Edit:Assuming there isn't already a HC already in the waiting.

Has there ever honestly been one single shred of evidence that Jim Tressel has anything more than a complete lack of interest and thought towards Nebraska?

If that's a prerequisite, then Nebraska can only hire Terry Bowden.

It's not a prerequisite, it's just fascinating how our fanbase has jumped on this one particular not-connected-to-nebraska-in-any-documentable-way prospective coach and not on any other's.

It seems like someone or a few someones came up with the idea and then Nebraska fans started talking about it enough that collectively we somehow convinced ourselves of a reality where he'd be interested without any real reason to think so.

Sweater vest was named president of Youngstown State in May. Taken from Wikipedia "There is a five-year show-cause penalty on Tressel, which means any NCAA member that wants to hire him would have to "show cause" for why it shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, and could face severe penalties if he commits any further violations during that time. The order stands until December 19, 2016; given past precedent, it will likely have the effect of blackballing Tressel from the coaching ranks until the 2017 season. If Tressel ever coaches again during this period, he will be suspended for the first five games of the regular season, plus any conference championship game or bowl game."

Is there any chance of getting Tressel as head coach next year? I like the idea of a proven winner, but I do not like the shady past, although it is fairly minor in comparison to some other programs.

I'm not too smart, but from what you said I don't think we could show cause. Help me understand.

Has there ever honestly been one single shred of evidence that Jim Tressel has anything more than a complete lack of interest and thought towards Nebraska?

It's not a prerequisite, it's just fascinating how our fanbase has jumped on this one particular not-connected-to-nebraska-in-any-documentable-way prospective coach and not on any other's.

It seems like someone or a few someones came up with the idea and then Nebraska fans started talking about it enough that collectively we somehow convinced ourselves of a reality where he'd be interested without any real reason to think so.

I think most of us would prefer anyone at this point so I'm throwing my hat in the ring. I don't do job interviews, but my resume will show I played frosh ball at NU in 72, and I coached JFL 10 and 11 year olds for two years. We finished both seasons 7 and 1, but both losses were because we were forced to play everyone. I believe leaders don't attend meetings we give briefings. Money is not an issue as I'll coach for Husker pride. You can pay me after the season based off of my performance, and I'll never jump ship for a better offer as there couldn't be one in my mind. :)

Not that I have seen, but if the situation was right, giving him a chance at a major program, to leave a different result on his coaching line, I think he might be interested. You never know until you ask.

Your going to have to pay him for sure.

Ive been in full agreement on this. you gotta think a competitive and historically successful coach like Tress would LOVE an opportunity to right a stupid little wrong, patch up his legacy, and show everyone that he still had a LOT of time left. I think he'd be all in.

And imagine the press. The pub.

This is a concept that has intrigued me since last year about this time. And if he'd go along with a coach in waiting like a Frost for OC. Man, imagine the immediate flip in overall perception when it comes to the direction of the program. Excitement through the roof.

I've said this same exact thing in the other coaching thread and totally agree. Frost's offensive style is similar to what JT ran as well. Could be a perfect storm and this would be my favorite totally not gonna happen possibility.

Where I think it would help is with the current kids in the program. Some are going to be hurt if Bo were to leave no question. But bringing in a proven product, that most of them have heard of would give them more hope for a positive transition.

I think the fact that he has raised his status in academia would have a strong influence on their outlook.

He lied to the NCAA. That is what got him fired. He apologized, left on his own. Made the least amount of noise possible to clear the air.

Will it happen LOM, doubtful, but it certainly would make a better bridge for this team to transition, than another first year coach.

Im not convinced of a reality. I'm doing as a fan does and speculating (or in this case, wet dreaming) of a scenario in which Jim Tressel can be the Nebraska football coach for a few years and how great it would be. And of course, as fans do, it has escalated into an intriguing discussion of what-ifs and wows.

Probably wont happen. Could very be a fail if it did. But regardless.....