Why Pelini will NOT be fired

I am curious how many posters on this site hold season tickets?

Ah, yet another manifestation of the "you are not real fans" argument. Was wondering when this innuendo would reappear.

No, I am not a season ticket holder. I also do not live in Nebraska and so rarely get the opportunity to attend a game. I did, however, attend UNL for both undergrad and grad school and did have student tickets in those years. I have invested greatly in the University and I don't like seeing my alma mater's proud tradition made into a laughingstock. What is happening at Nebraska is utterly unacceptable for everything that's invested in this program, and any fan should be able to see this.

IMO, it comes down to economics. If the board and AD feel that keeping Bo will lose revenue in the future it increases the likelihood he will be let go. If they feel that the fan base will still support NU at home and on the road there is a good chance he stays........Really not sure how much W-L has to do with it. Fans, everything. University, money....

I would like to see a whole sale change. This, IMO, is completely different than Frank (I wanted him to stay for the record).

My gut says Bo stays.........Staff change is 50-50

I support Bo but I think the losses against Wisconsin and Minnesota have changed things. His apparent sidelinie rants on some players, Ron Brown, and Joe Ganz are indications that the wheels might be coming off. His take down on the black shirt tradition (reported that some players gave them back and Gregory was not especially awed by his) is a symptom of deeper problems. I don't think he will get fired this year but he loses to Iowa- he may be in serious trouble.

I would expect that Bo will be on a one year warning notice after the bowl time is past. Bo has had 7 years and he continues to get the same results. Some good games, some mediocre games and a few very humiliating losses. Unfortunately, the losses ususally come agains top 25 teams proving that we are not improving enough for Husker standards or for high quality recruiting prestige.

Bo has done well with the academics and discipline but the win-lose results need to improve. We need to be a top 10 calibre team. National Championships are great but first we need respect and that means being a top 10 calibre team. Something in the mix needs to change for us to improve. I think new coordinators, especially a defensive coordinator, is a must. Beyond that, the offensive line play has been weak since the late 90's. We need new offensive line coaches and more recruiting.

I think Bo had better make some changes this spring or he may part of the change after next year.

I support Bo but I think the losses against Wisconsin and Minnesota have changed things. His apparent sidelinie rants on some players, Ron Brown, and Joe Ganz are indications that the wheels might be coming off. His take down on the black shirt tradition (reported that some players gave them back and Gregory was not especially awed by his) is a symptom of deeper problems. I don't think he will get fired this year but he loses to Iowa- he may be in serious trouble.

I would expect that Bo will be on a one year warning notice after the bowl time is past. Bo has had 7 years and he continues to get the same results. Some good games, some mediocre games and a few very humiliating losses. Unfortunately, the losses ususally come agains top 25 teams proving that we are not improving enough for Husker standards or for high quality recruiting prestige.

Bo has done well with the academics and discipline but the win-lose results need to improve. We need to be a top 10 calibre team. National Championships are great but first we need respect and that means being a top 10 calibre team. Something in the mix needs to change for us to improve. I think new coordinators, especially a defensive coordinator, is a must. Beyond that, the offensive line play has been weak since the late 90's. We need new offensive line coaches and more recruiting.

I think Bo had better make some changes this spring or he may part of the change after next year.

a few! over the 7 yrs he has managed to drag us into the pit of mediocrity.That moron ain't gonna change sh#t!

Since he is winning 9 out of 13 games in most seasons, I thought "few" was more appropriate than "many". However, that may be semantics if you felt like you needed to commit suicide after witnessing each loss.

I still remain a little conflicted about firing Bo now. I always felt that Solich should have been given one more year after he reorganized his assistants. It could not have been worse that getting Callahan and Cosgrove.

I think the players are probably good except for maybe the offensive line but its still mainly coaching conditioning, fundamentals, techniques, motivation and game preparation. I remember Bill Jennings stating on Husker football game show with Bob Zenner that they just didn't have the talent. He got fired and went to Kansas taking Gale Sayers with him. A guy named Devaney came to town and went 8-3 with mostly Jennings' talent. BTW, Jennings had recruited quite a few players who went on to be all-pros. The head coach is a big part of it but the assistants spend time with the players and preparing for games. The Head Coach must coach the assistants, movtivate the team, and set the tenor for the team.

Bo and his assistants are good enough for a 9 win season and a bowl game. But I don't know if they will improve to the point of being a top 10 calibre team every year.

Once the sell out streak is broke, the attendance will fall rapidly is my guess. The die hards that go just to keep that intact will lose reason to go. Those would be the loyal fans dwindling. Administration needs to think about that and fast. We had problems this year. If there is a crack in Bo's money ties, that sell out streak could be gone this year. A very few people have some big decisions to make in the next few days. What ever it is, I hope they are right. Wrong and this program as we know it or have known it will be over.

I honestly did not expect the reaction to the Minnesota game. I figured a few would voice concern, but the norm would be, it will be okay. Keep the faith. It appears most have lost that faith, want nothing to do with Bo any longer. When the wheels come off, Sh*t hits the fan for sure.

I truly think the only way to keep the streak, is to have a new direction, new excitement, challenge, hope, pride, working towards a goal, the big picture.

Once the sell out streak is broke, the attendance will fall rapidly is my guess. The die hards that go just to keep that intact will lose reason to go. Those would be the loyal fans dwindling. Administration needs to think about that and fast. We had problems this year. If there is a crack in Bo's money ties, that sell out streak could be gone this year. A very few people have some big decisions to make in the next few days. What ever it is, I hope they are right. Wrong and this program as we know it or have known it will be over.

I honestly did not expect the reaction to the Minnesota game. I figured a few would voice concern, but the norm would be, it will be okay. Keep the faith. It appears most have lost that faith, want nothing to do with Bo any longer. When the wheels come off, Sh*t hits the fan for sure.

I truly think the only way to keep the streak, is to have a new direction, new excitement, challenge, hope, pride, working towards a goal, the big picture.

Which is why a splash hire is needed. This could be a very interesting few weeks.

Let's rewind a little, shall we?

Just 3 short months ago, Shawn Eichorst spoke to the AP about Pelini's job status:

"Eichorst told The Associated Press that the program is stable and that the Huskers have a seasoned coach who has won a bunch of games."

Eichorst' stance is very matter of fact. Win or lose this Friday against Iowa, and whether we like it or not - Bo Pelini will be the head coach moving forward.

Source: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11349057/bo-pelini-nebraska-cornhuskers-backed-athletic-director-shawn-eichorst

Just gonna keep saying it in as many threads as I can.

If you like the sellout streak, you should be on the side of having a new coach in six days.

I agree with this. The more people I talk to the more clear it is. I've never heard so many people agree that Bo should not be the coach here.

Unfortunately the money in this state is pretty obvious with the way politics are in this state. CHANGE is scary. Nebraska has always been this way. The fact that Solich was ever let go is amazing, and I've always felt he shouldn't have been. He showed willingness to change and made wholesale staff changes. Here we sit with a guy who, from every comments he's made, shows very little willingness to change, whether that's scheme or staff. Now that FEAR of change is strong. I think the people with power in this program will show their fear and not want to throw away this nice little mediocre nine win thing we have going.

Even though I fully believe Bo should be gone, he won't be in my opinion. Although, if i had to narrow it down to just one change I would love to see made, aside from a complete rebuild, it'd be the release of Beck as OC. Of course, that wouldn't solve a lot of our defensive problems, which is why you hire a defensive guru in the first place.