The Sock Puppet Rides!

Tressel is the president of Youngstown state. Do we really think he's leaving that job?

Obviously having been a head coach at the FBS level, Tressel probably has plenty of money, but he's currently making $300,000 as president of YSU. He'd likely pull around $4-5 mil as a head coach.
So, yes, i believe the answer would be yes. But, i really think he wants one more chance at coaching a high level fbs school and try to win a NC.

Well, The Sock gettin' some conflicting information. Some says that the big $$$ folks with pull not too happy with Tressel and that the HC would likely be "someone else". Not sure that The Sock is qualified to sort this out and both these sources been good to me so I'll just set both ideas out there and you folks can decide.

f#*k! We want to win!!!!

Well, The Sock gettin' some conflicting information. Some says that the big $$$ folks with pull not too happy with Tressel and that the HC would likely be "someone else". Not sure that The Sock is qualified to sort this out and both these sources been good to me so I'll just set both ideas out there and you folks can decide.

Which two ideas?

I would have thought this would have been a discussion that was sorted out BEFORE firing the current coach.

• Fire 1

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I seriously want to know why everyone is so gung ho about a Jim Tressel hire? Go ask buckeye fans what they remember about him. What I remember is conservative football to the point of madness. I specifically remember the seat kind of getting warm in Columbus before the whole Tatoo-gate thing because his teams were failing in the big games time after time. Granted I would take the success that he had while he was there in a heartbeat, but he was at the hands-down dominant program in the 4th largest recruiting hotbed in the country. One could argue that his teams, much like Mack Browns Texas teams, underperformed year after year.

That's not even mentioning the lack of integrity he showed when he hid knowledge of the tatoos for equipment thing going on with the players. In addition, what makes people think such a conservative football coach, who always ran a ball control type offense, would hire an O coordinator like Frost who would bring in an up tempo style offense. I just don't see it.

I think certain infractions are worthy of a second chance. Plus coaches can learn from past jobs on how to do things different.

While it is possible, the sweater vest look usually seems to accompany a "I have done things this way for 40 years and I'm not going to change now" kind of attitude.

I would have thought this would have been a discussion that was sorted out BEFORE firing the current coach.

I have a feeling the man is already been chosen. Whether it's Tressel or not, is up for speculation.

If I am SE, I already have 1-3 guys in as a lock that are highly interested and have agreed to take on the coaching position.

Sock puppet, you have earned our trust. In the case of conflicting information, do you feel that one source has more credibility than another?

Also, I would like to state that, even before you came out with the rarest of gold nuggets (i.e., insider info that actually proved legitimate), I have always regarded the late great Jim Henson with the utmost esteem. Thank you.

Good god sock puppet master of all that's holy regarding Husker football.....

Tell me "someone else" is as good or better option as Tressel.

This needs to be a huge hire to save face, recruits and hope.

This hire needs to squash any doubt or uncertainty about whether this was a good move or not.