Sacrifice version 2.0

Redux

Do you want to lose to Iowa so they fire Bo?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This kind of has the feel of when NFL fans root for their team to suck so they get a high draft pick. That pick could be a boom or bust, just like a new coach.

Still, I can't bring myself to root against Nebraska, just can't do it. Just like I couldn't root for Miami this year.

This practice has happened in the NBA for years, the 76ers are on a 4 year plan of tanking to keep stock piling talent.

As for this thread, I'll always root for the players to succeed. They give so much blood, sweat and tears to the program that I support, I'll NEVER wish a loss upon them. In the grand scheme of things, a loss and a firing won't hurt Bo. He'll get paid and land on his feet with another great gig. There are at least 14 players who will be playing their last two games as Huskers, maybe their last two games ever, I'm not going to be so selfish and wish they lose because I don't like the coach. After 7 years, there's ample evidence for what the outcome should be, these last two games shouldn't move the line at all.

• Fire 2

when we were a few weeks into the season i was wanting 1 of 2 things to happen,

i would have preferred option 1...

1. Bo has a stellar season thus causing a LSU or similar to for some crazy reason want to hire Bo and we get the best of both worlds... a possible championship and playoff appearance

2. Lose as many games as possible because i cant dread going through more embarrassing losses next year.

Continuing to do what you have always done is going to lead to continuing to get the same results.

I for one believe that if Bo remains and has to fire staff, no good coach will want to work for a man that wants to do everything his way and thats they only way. Bo's ego will not allow him to relinquish that power. Plus IMHO Bo thinks that no one needs fired, thus with his statement yesterday he will NOT fire his buddies because he thinks they are doing a great job and this is ALL on the players. <=== that reason alone pisses me off more than anything else.

• Fire 1

For the four of you that voted to want to see Iowa win and then want to also see us win the bowl game please explain. Do you expect Bo to be fired by the bowl? Honestly curious here.

only thing I can think of is that if he's retained after an Iowa loss, a big bowl loss would force staff changes at the minimum. An SEC win and we might go into next year w/ the same guys - wouldn't put it past Bo.

For the four of you that voted to want to see Iowa win and then want to also see us win the bowl game please explain. Do you expect Bo to be fired by the bowl? Honestly curious here.

only thing I can think of is that if he's retained after an Iowa loss, a big bowl loss would force staff changes at the minimum. An SEC win and we might go into next year w/ the same guys - wouldn't put it past Bo.

Because that is exactly what happened last year. Bo had the face of a man who left that game as definitive proof of what he was doing was correct.

I voted no for both because I don't think Bo's future comes down to this week or the bowl game. At least, I hope he's being evaluated by more than just that. I think that if you're going to fire Bo Pelini you almost have to do it after the Iowa game, in order to not only get a jump start on recruiting with signing day a little more than two months away, but, so you can also get a start on the coaching search. A bowl game is a very poor barometer for judging a team and a coach, imho. The players and coaches go almost a month without seeing any real game time - it's almost like starting a whole new season. Granted, you still have to be ready to go and be prepared, but I don't think a decision should wait until early January if it's going to happen.

That's why I say beat Iowa and win the bowl game. The coaches and players are the ones who got into the position they're in, so, there's no use wallowing in self pity. Coaches - do what you're paid to do. Players - do what you came to Nebraska to do... win football games.

It's plain and simple. If the powers that be are waiting for this game to base their decision on mostly friday, we are completely f&#39;d. That'll be an epic demonstration of a total lack of awareness for our current situation and potential as a program. There's no reason whatsoever that a decision should not already be made, feelers being put out, and an overall plan being made. None whatsoever.

It's plain and simple. If the powers that be are waiting for this game to base their decision on mostly friday, we are completely f'd. That'll be an epic demonstration of a total lack of awareness for our current situation and potential as a program. There's no reason whatsoever that a decision should not already be made, feelers being put out, and an overall plan being made. None whatsoever.

Well stated.