Bo is Only the Fifth Coach w/ 9+ Wins Yadda Yadda...

Landlord

I also think this type of season is his ceiling.

I don't. As long as he keeps incompetent assistant coaches around him, that's true. A head coach is only as good as his assistants allow him to be. Get rid of the dead weight on our coaching staff, replace them with seasoned, high-quality ones, and watch the results.

I don't. As long as he keeps incompetent assistant coaches around him, that's true. A head coach is only as good as his assistants allow him to be. Get rid of the dead weight on our coaching staff, replace them with seasoned, high-quality ones, and watch the results.

If this had been the staff he started with, I would be inclined to agree. But, he's made changes, and they haven't worked.

If this had been the staff he started with, I would be inclined to agree. But, he's made changes, and they haven't worked.

Those changes were not the right ones. And hopefully he's able to see that. If not, he'll retain Beck, Cotton, Garrison, Papuchis, and Els, and it will be essentially a wish to get fired.

This says it all.

That perty much sums it up, I have a sick feeling the asshat will be back

Such a bittersweet day, winning a game like that and the reward is another season of football purgatory.

I see a lot of people saying this game will have no weight in his fate, but imo it makes it harder to pull the trigger, at least it makes me a lot more worried that he will be back next year.

It is a losing battle to argue against Bo's 7 seasons of #9wins or his winning percentage. The true argument against this staff is A) the inability to win big games and B) the performance of the team during those big game losses.

There is no need to make light of Bo's accomplishments, just as no good will come from ignoring the shortcomings.

• Fire 1

It is nice that Bo has won 9 games a season. I respect that, it isn't a minor feat. It's an accomplishment.

But it isn't an accomplishment you hang your hat on to define a program. It's an accomplishment you build off of. You're supposed to make more of 9 and 10 win seasons if you want to have a great football team. And therein lies the issue: There has been no more building. Nothing changes. No progress is made.

Those nine wins per year aren't an accident. You can't accidentally do the 1,000 things it takes to run a program like this well enough to win nine games a year, every year. If it was luck, it would happen more often. It doesn't, it isn't lucky, it's a level of skill Pelini has attained.

Accident and luck weren't the best terms, I had a hard time analogizing and explaining.

I guess saying it's a level of skill is technically true, but that 'level' is about a C+ grade considering all of the advantages at his disposal that are conducive to putting a good football team on the field.

If advantages are all it takes to win 9 games each year, then tell me why only 5 have done it. Are you truly saying NU has infinitely more resources and/or advantages than anyone else? I am not sure what to think right now, Knapp's post was as close as I can come to explaining my feelings, but trying to mitigate a fact that only 5 out thousands have accomplished is like spitting into the wind. The bigger issue in my mind is how the heck does a Coach who is good enough to accomplish the rarest of feats have such a poor side to his record as well?

It is a losing battle to argue against Bo's 7 seasons of #9wins or his winning percentage. The true argument against this staff is A) the inability to win big games and B) the performance of the team during those big game losses.

There is no need to make light of Bo's accomplishments, just as no good will come from ignoring the shortcomings.

I believe what LOMS is doing - what a lot of us are doing - is trying to put it all in context.

How does this team that won't quit, that has battled back in Iforgethowmany games, also occupy the same jerseys as the guys who got blown out by Wisconsin - THREE TIMES.

It's the Jekyll-and-Hyde character of this team, matching that of its Head Coach, that everyone struggles with.

It is a losing battle to argue against Bo's 7 seasons of #9wins or his winning percentage. The true argument against this staff is A) the inability to win big games and B) the performance of the team during those big game losses.There is no need to make light of Bo's accomplishments, just as no good will come from ignoring the shortcomings.

I believe what LOMS is doing - what a lot of us are doing - is trying to put it all in context.How does this team that won't quit, that has battled back in Iforgethowmany games, also occupy the same jerseys as the guys who got blown out by Wisconsin - THREE TIMES.It's the Jekyll-and-Hyde character of this team, matching that of its Head Coach, that everyone struggles with.

It's pressure. There is nothing on the line after dropping every game that mattered. Pelini's team crap the bed whenever there is something worth playing for, and show guts and grit when there is nothing left to lose.

• Fire 1