Pelini fired

Amac3309

Jay Foreman ‏@foreman5655

For the people asking what just happened, I'd say this " this is big time sports and corporate America " get with it!!!!

And there it is.

Seeing the players' tweets is heartbreaking. They love Bo and it's clear it isn't just words. But there's personal loyalty and there's reality. And Eichorst went with reality.

No bones about, it's a business. Like everyone else I feel bad for the people involved, but something had to change. Now I'm just really nervous for the next hire. We're competing with Michigan, Florida, and who knows who else when the season is over. This better be one that we dig deep in our pockets for and make a splash.

Players are not too happy:

@JordanWesty1: Unreal. Bo believed in me and I 100% believed in him. Can't believe this....

@TheRealVRVJ: At a loss for words. Wouldn't be where I am in my career without Bo & Kaz. Best coaches I ever played for. I can't believe this.

@brasko7: That's the worse way to wake up in the morning. Smh that's some Bull real talk man. I guess stability doesn't mean anything

@NathanGerry: He's the reason we came here

@Tommy_Gun4: Biggest mistake you ever made.... Bo was the best coach I've ever had and I'll always appreciate the things you taught me.

@J_Mitch05: Smh terrible decision just awful smh 9 wins gets you fired? Thank you coach Bo for everything u did for me & this team over ur tenure

I do sympathize with the players and how they must feel. Those guys have seen a lot of the playing field. Are there any tweets coming from non-starters? Just wondering because it's a pretty big team.

For the people asking what just happened, I'd say this " this is big time sports and corporate America " get with it!!!!

And there it is.

Seeing the players' tweets is heartbreaking. They love Bo and it's clear it isn't just words. But there's personal loyalty and there's reality. And Eichorst went with reality.

Remember the tunnel walk in I believe 06? It was on everyone's favorite list. And it incorporated what's written all over the facilities at the University of Nebraska.

The words? "I Play for Nebraska"

It doesn't say "I Play for Bo Pelini" anywhere. Unless that's been added. I can't confirm that.

Personally. I glad there are people like Jay Foreman out there. Maybe they can help tell these current players see the light. Because we are going to find a LOT out about their want to in this bowl game.

And we'll really see what kind of talent we really have.

And there it is.

Remember the tunnel walk in I believe 06? It was on everyone's favorite list. And it incorporated what's written all over the facilities at the University of Nebraska.

It doesn't say "I Play for Bo Pelini" anywhere. Unless that's been added. I can't confirm that.

Personally. I glad there are people like Jay Foreman out there. Maybe they can help tell these current players see the light. Because we are going to find a LOT out about their want to in this bowl game.

Sadly, that was something I believe Bo actually coached out of his players. Winning for the school/state is not something Bo seemed to buy into.

Guys can we keep this civil? I don't know why people are thrilled with people and families being impacted by coaches losing their jobs. I thought Bo deserved to be fired, but I am not going to rejoice about it.

Guys can we keep this civil? I don't know why people are thrilled with people and families being impacted by coaches losing their jobs. I thought Bo deserved to be fired, but I am not going to rejoice about it.

He was paid 3.1M a year and got a 7M buyout. There is no need to feel sorry for him or his family as they are more than set for life if the man never works again a day in his life.

• Fire 1

i think we can count on Gregory going to the NFL draft this year

i think we can count on Gregory going to the NFL draft this year

I'm not sure that's a given.

His injuries history and the questions about him being a good NFL run fit might make it advantages to hang around another year.

And there it is.

Sadly, that was something I believe Bo actually coached out of his players. Winning for the school/state is not something Bo seemed to buy into.

Yea because players generally some to coach for the fans and not a coach.