Player tweets on Pelini firing

Count, what if he explained the rumored ultimatum that led to his firing? Maybe he didn't want to burden or pressure them with that during the season. They were blindsided by a email on a Sunday morning after an emotional win and finally got the chance to hear from their coach who was unexpectedly fired. I don't think everything has to be so devious. Some have made Pelini personal, and they are only seeing things one way. I don't know what happened in that room, but I respect their privacy and am glad they got the chance to say goodbye to their coach and mentor.

• Fire 1

Count, what if he explained the rumored ultimatum that led to his firing? Maybe, he didn't want to burden or pressure them with that during the season. They were blindsided by a email on a Sunday morning and finally got the chance to hear from their coach. I don't think everything has to be so devious. Some have made Pelini personal, and they are only seeing things one way.

Based on the tweets, it's obvious the players have some trust issues (with admins, fans, media is probably jusitified imo). These may be completely valid. They are also very hard to come back from if lack of trust gets ingraned in the team culture. My view right now is everybody is a bit in the wrong, just need to repair the damage and hope it's short-lived...

Count, what if he explained the rumored ultimatum that led to his firing? Maybe he didn't want to burden or pressure them with that during the season. They were blindsided by a email on a Sunday morning and finally got the chance to hear from their coach. I don't think everything has to be so devious. Some have made Pelini personal, and they are only seeing things one way. I don't know what happened in that room, but I respect their privacy and am glad they got the chance to say goodbye to their coach and mentor.

So the theory is that Pelini let the team in on the secret that he was fired because he failed to meet the standards the AD set out for the head football coach? Mind blown.

This group of kids may never respect us as fans because of this.

Does this include the fans that take to twitter and smack talk to these guys when they make a mistake on the field? Like DPE after the Minnesota game?

For every one person attacting them on Twitter there's a hundred others defending them. If they're letting those few fans get in their heads then they need a coach who can teach them to toughen up and deal with it, especially the ones that want to go to the NFL....

Or a coach that tells them no social media.

Count, what if he explained the rumored ultimatum that led to his firing? Maybe he didn't want to burden or pressure them with that during the season. They were blindsided by a email on a Sunday morning after an emotional win and finally got the chance to hear from their coach who was unexpectedly fired. I don't think everything has to be so devious. Some have made Pelini personal, and they are only seeing things one way. I don't know what happened in that room, but I respect their privacy and am glad they got the chance to say goodbye to their coach and mentor.

Kind of difficult to respect their privacy when they are tweeting back handed insults about the AD

Johnsons and Nabitys tweets are pretty interesting

#adtrippin

❌ Graham Nabity @Gnabbs116 Coach Bo,Thank you for ur words tonightIt's nice to hear the truthIt all makes sense now#pray

???

We no longer have Bo, but we got what we wanted tonight. Real insight on everything that has happened, and a chance to say bye w/o any media

If there's not a ring on our finger after next year then y'all better riot until we have new admin. That's all I'm saying.

If you guys only knew how bad our admin. messed up. If you only knew our coach like we did.

What "truth" is there to know? They're making it sound like Bo has cancer or something and resigned. This smacks of Bo injecting some conspiracy theory into the player's minds about how everyone was out to get him.

Just my guess: Bo's narrative is that Perlman never liked him, or perhaps didn't like him after the A&M incident, and so waited for TO to retire and brought in Eichorst to fire Bo at the appropriate time.

Count, what if he explained the rumored ultimatum that led to his firing? Maybe he didn't want to burden or pressure them with that during the season. They were blindsided by a email on a Sunday morning and finally got the chance to hear from their coach. I don't think everything has to be so devious. Some have made Pelini personal, and they are only seeing things one way. I don't know what happened in that room, but I respect their privacy and am glad they got the chance to say goodbye to their coach and mentor.

So the theory is that Pelini let the team in on the secret that he was fired because he failed to meet the standards the AD set out for the head football coach? Mind blown.

Like I said, I don't know what happened. I don't think it was as devious as you have cooked up.

Like I said, I don't know what happened. I don't think it was as devious as you have cooked up.

I hope I'm wrong. I really, really do. I'm just having a hard time thinking of a explanation behind those comments from the players that does not point to something devious by Bo. But I freely admit that I don't like or trust Bo and therefore am not giving the benefit of the doubt.

#adtrippin

❌ Graham Nabity @Gnabbs116 Coach Bo,Thank you for ur words tonightIt's nice to hear the truthIt all makes sense now#pray

???

We no longer have Bo, but we got what we wanted tonight. Real insight on everything that has happened, and a chance to say bye w/o any media

If there's not a ring on our finger after next year then y'all better riot until we have new admin. That's all I'm saying.

If you guys only knew how bad our admin. messed up. If you only knew our coach like we did.

What "truth" is there to know? They're making it sound like Bo has cancer or something and resigned. This smacks of Bo injecting some conspiracy theory into the player's minds about how everyone was out to get him.

Just my guess: Bo's narrative is that Perlman never liked him, or perhaps didn't like him after the A&M incident, and so waited for TO to retire and brought in Eichorst to fire Bo at the appropriate time.

That's not a bad theory, actually. And it wouldn't be entirely inaccurate either. It might gloss over his own hand in what happened, but I'd accept it.

The practical answer is Bo has distrusted the media, fans, admins with words/actions. That rubs off even if Bo doesn't say. BP is not a "tow the company line" guy at all. It could just be the vestige of his baggage. If that's the case, the next coach should be able to repair that, although could take a couple seasons.

I'm now preparing myself for a Jonestown style kool-aid fest at BP's house for Christmas. Pelini family will be gone, note on the door for all the players that says "Kool-aid in fridge, help yourself to some punch & cookies" or some such nonsense... Anything less than that & I can deal with his exit...

#adtrippin

???

That's when I jumped off the Bo train.