Who hires Pelini next

So if he takes a job somewhere, does his new salary get deducted from the buyout? I always wondered how this worked.

The buyout I think is 151k over 51 weeks. That's a total of 7.7 mil.

If he takes a job over 1.8 mil/year, the buyout is void.

If he takes a job under 1.8 mil/year, we're only responsible for the difference, which at a mil/year would be about 70k.

My initial numbers may be off, but this is the process that I saw on the news.

Excellent info, thank you.

How could us normal folk get a deal like this and why would he want to go back to work. If he and his family isn't resting comfortably on a Caribbean Isle then... well he's an idiot.

T_O_B

Been hearing quite a few CSU folks throw Pelini's name around since Monday. Denver Post now making an article about it... would be interesting: http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_27066923/hochman-bo-pelini-would-be-good-choice-replace-jim-mcelwain-at-csu

SOME OF MY COWORKERS (CSU GRADS) SAID THEY WOULDN'T MIND HAVING PELINI.

MAYBE THE LEGAL WEED WOULD CALM HIM DOWN A LITTLE :lol:

Been hearing quite a few CSU folks throw Pelini's name around since Monday. Denver Post now making an article about it... would be interesting: http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_27066923/hochman-bo-pelini-would-be-good-choice-replace-jim-mcelwain-at-csu

I think he'd be more comfortable there. They don't care nearly as much about football and there'd probably be 1/10 of the amount of media.

I think he'd be more comfortable there. They don't care nearly as much about football and there'd probably be 1/10 of the amount of media.

DID YOU MISS THE MEDIA "CIRCUS" AT MCELWAIN'S HOUSE THE OTHER NIGHT?!?! THERE WERE LIKE 10-12 PEOPLE THERE!!! :lol:

Granted Bo was the HC at Nebraska and not DC, but defense was often one of Nebraska's weak areas during Bo's tenure. How much of that falls on Bo, and how might that affect his future as DC?

Are we pretending Papuchis was actually the defensive coordinator?

I can't recall a single time that I saw him this season with a play sheet in his hand.

Granted Bo was the HC at Nebraska and not DC, but defense was often one of Nebraska's weak areas during Bo's tenure. How much of that falls on Bo, and how might that affect his future as DC?

Are we pretending Papuchis was actually the defensive coordinator?

I can't recall a single time that I saw him this season with a play sheet in his hand.

THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S HANGING AROUND HIS WAIST

544a863874694.image.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I think Pelini will be better prepared for his next job if he chooses to be a HC again. I'm not sure he would go to a school as high-profile as NU, but he certainly learned valuable lessons here.

I think it was difficult for him (and his ego) to make changes at NU, but if he got to do it over again I suspect he would work hard to have a better relationship with the fans and media right out of the gate, and he will definitely surround himself with more experienced assistants next time.