Who hires Pelini next

You know what scares me the most?

Looking back now without my RosyRed blinders on, and seeing what's going on and this apparent sh**ty culture and so on, I have this really sh**ty feeling that at some point in the future, near or far, we're gonna look back on these seven years and say, without a doubt, that Bo did more damage to this program than Callahan and Pedersen did. Does anyone else have this eery feeling?

And I defended the guy till nearly the bitter end. But it was for what I thought was the best for the PROGRAM, at the time. Last year after the Iowa game when I assumed he was gone, I was ready for a fresh start then. When it was said he was coming back, I jumped back on. Spent the offseason defending him in the same arguments over and over. Using the same 9wins bullsh#t and ridiculous propaganda that I laugh at now, for the sake of blind support of the program. Then I swiftly got a stiff kick to the balls with the Michigan St game and gradually started losing hope. Wisconsin wasnt the final dagger. It was the final twist of that dagger. I can stand here now and admit I was wrong. I have no problem with that, even though it shouldnt be about being right and wrong. It should be about support for the PROGRAM, not a coach. And what I see from some who are still fighting the good fight with Bo is probably not support for Bo, but rather a strong unwillingness to admit to being wrong after sticking by to the bitter end. And like I said, it shouldnt be about that. It should be about support of the PROGRAM regardless of the coach. I'll probably wanna bitch slap the first person the pulls the "i told you so card" the first time our new coach loses a game.

Then yesterday, the tweets from the players, even thought the emotional state is understandable, the direction of their anger is just very concerning to me. The culture that has been established in that lockeroom is flat out scary to me.

Thoughts?

• Fire 1

Then yesterday, the tweets from the players, even thought the emotional state is understandable, the direction of their anger is just very concerning to me. The culture that has been established in that lockeroom is flat out scary to me.

Thoughts?

I think it's bigger than that.....like Suh's tweet indicated. Our fourth head coach and third athletic director in eleven years. And there's plenty who believe this is just a pit stop for the current AD.

I don't think Pelini gets anoher head coaching job right away. If he does, I think it's at a much smaller school, far off the radar. I also don't think that either a NFL team or a big time college football program will hire him as their defensive coordinator. Here's the guy's resume. Would you trust him to run your defense? I wouldn't.

bo-sucks-at-defense.jpg

Personally, I would love to have Pelini. I think he's #3 on most Aggies' lists, but the inability to defend a rushing attack like Wisconsin's scares some people.

I think it would work. Sumlin can bring in the necessary level of athletes and Bo would be able totally focus on the D rather than split time. There is a reason most HC's don't act as their own coordinator.

IMO he'll take some time off so he can get his full buyout. I'd buy a place on the beach and chill. If not I think he'll either go back to being a DC or take a mid-major HC job. Hey, maybe he could go to CSU if we get McElwain.

Thoughts?

I think it's bigger than that.....like Suh's tweet indicated. Our fourth head coach and third athletic director in eleven years. And there's plenty who believe this is just a pit stop for the current AD.

If you are among those who think SE is just on a "pit stop", then yesterday's action would fly in the face of that assumption.

The EASIER choice would have been (especially after extending last year) to do nothing and remain in the cocoon of anonymity.

By taking this bolder choice, he has, in effect, put his reputation and credibility on the line...........especially by going it alone ........without a search committee.

jmho

Looking back now without my RosyRed blinders on, and seeing what's going on and this apparent sh**ty culture and so on, I have this really sh**ty feeling that at some point in the future, near or far, we're gonna look back on these seven years and say, without a doubt, that Bo did more damage to this program than Callahan and Pedersen did. Does anyone else have this eery feeling?

Not a chance.

He is definitely not head coach material in my book unless it is for some high school. As for DC, I even have doubts about his abilities there too; he had lots of help from great recruiting at LSU and after the Callahan players left, his defenses at Nebraska went downhill. Giving up 70 points in one game and 400+ yards rushing to one RB in another is not my idea of a good defense.

Don't hate the guy, just don't like what he did for Nebraska football.

Bo is rich and doesn't need to work again. He could take the money and retire.

This. He has a family that hasn't seen much of him in the last seven years. Take the rest of your life off and LIVE it. Want to coach because he likes football? Volunteer at some high school.

Money comes and money goes, but the sand in the hourglass runs only one way.

I totally agree with this. Bo looked very beaten down this season. Take a break

Not a chance.

I hope youre right.

Understand my anxiety though?

Why would anyone honestly look to Bo as a DC? I think most (80%) would agree that Bo has been the DC the past seven years here. Considering his body of work here defensively, why would any team worth it's salt consider Bo as a DC? I could see a coach in the SEC taking a chance on him just because of the talent level they recruit. He could probably thrive at Bama but it would only be because Saban is one of the best recruiters. A&M might take a chance considering Sumlin is also an amazing recruiter. However, most teams that are even a bit athletically challenged would be going full retard hiring Bo as a DC.