I think we're f*cked...

And I do mean, proper f*cked...

I know that plenty of people we're pissed with Bo, and I understand that. If you wanted Bo gone, you had your reasons, and that's fine.

But here's the problem, who are they going to hire next?

There isn't one realistic candidate that everyone is saying, "oh yeah, he's the guy". When the program was freed from the Clownahan debacle, it was pretty obvious the choice was Bo. He'd been here a year, was well liked and almost everyone was excited with the hiring. The kool aid was flowing freely, and after the first year, there was a glimmer of hope that our program was heading in the right direction.

Now he's gone. Personally, I think you should have let the DC and OC go. You go after a DC and OC that TO assists in the search for, and you impress upon Bo that he's got a short time frame to get things back on track, or else.

There are a bunch of guys at lower level programs whose names will be thrown out there, and I bet they sound great on paper, but will they be able to do the job? As for Tressel, why would you want him here, because he's like sleeping with a smoking hot girl, you know has a horrific STD. There's the laundry list of the unrealistic choices, which I"m not going to go over, because there's no real chance of any of them coming here.

You're only real choice, is Scott Frost? I think he's got potential, but he's not run a D-1 program yet, and that worries me.

Hence, I think we're f*cked and I have little faith in Eichorst making the right call to run this program...

I have to ask, why in the world does Tom Osborne need to assist in a coaching search of any kind?

This is the Athletic Directors job.

So you'd take Eichorst at his word, when TO's probably forgotten more about football than SE can remember...

Part of Eichorst's job as AD is the hiring, evaluation and firing of coaches. Name one other University other than Nebraska where former coaches help with coaching searches.

And let's not forget that Tom Osborne picked both No Pelini and Frank Solich as head coaches. We can see how well both of those choices worked out.

So again, why does TO need to help with a coaching search?

Let's compare TO's choices to the Perlman/Pederhorst choices.

Are you one of those rare folk who has no hindsight?

Still glad Bo is gone. He was trash. Wouldn't shock me if him and his brother don't finish their lives as free men.

Mike Riley being a terrible coach does not mean Bo was the right coach for this program. Pretty much no one liked the Riley hire when it was announced. We don't want Bo and we don't want Mr. Rogers. We want a guy who's (1) not a maniac a-hole and (2) gonna do better than 3-9. That's not asking a lot, kids.

• Fire 1

Here's how hard it is:

Assuming he was available last December (he wasn't), how many of you would have taken Georgia Tech's Paul Johnson and his old school, run-first offense in a heartbeat?

Does it change your mind that he's also 2 - 4 this season, with larger margins of defeat?

I actually wanted Johnson when Bo was hired by Tom. I think he would have done well here. This year for him, not going well but overall he's done well at GT.

Here's how hard it is:

Assuming he was available last December (he wasn't), how many of you would have taken Georgia Tech's Paul Johnson and his old school, run-first offense in a heartbeat?

Does it change your mind that he's also 2 - 4 this season, with larger margins of defeat?

Larger margins of defeat? Than who? Nebraska's?

I would take PJ every day over this current staff. It's arguable that they haven't lost to a single team this year that didn't have more talent and that they beat several teams over the last two years that clearly had more talent (on paper).

PJ's system would be a breath of fresh air in Lincoln, but no way he ends up coming here.

Here's how hard it is:

I actually wanted Johnson when Bo was hired by Tom. I think he would have done well here. This year for him, not going well but overall he's done well at GT.

Yes, like producing the best season that GT has seen in 25 years. That's despite some major recruiting handcuffs.

The flipside is the worst season (potentially) since the 1950s.

Here's how hard it is:

Yes, like producing the best season that GT has seen in 25 years. That's despite some major recruiting handcuffs.

The flipside is the worst season (potentially) since the 1950s.

3-9 would tie the most losses in 126 years of Husker history.

There is a lot to read, but there is one guy, that I don't think would pass up the opportunity to be a Head Coach here. One who has recently won 3 straight Championships in the FCS. Yes, I know its the FCS, but they had some quality wins against FBS, and I don't think the gap is far between FBS and FCS. Anyway, I am sure most would already know who I am speaking of, Craig Bohl. At this point, I don't want anyone who has never coached a day in his life, as a head coach. I have been a big "no" guy on Scott Frost, for a long time, and still not into it.

At this point, there are two coaches that I do believe would come here if offered. One, Nebraska won't go after, because of having to much "class", and that is Steve Sarkesian. The other is Craig Bohl. I would not mind having either coach here, honestly.

Just my .02

• 4 weeks later...

And we're still f*cked, because MR isn't going anywhere...

Even if we could fire him, which we aren't going too, Nebraska is likely way down the list of schools coaches would consider. There are a lot of openings, not sure any meaningful coach would come here considering all of their options.

We hired an Oregon State coaching staff, had an Oregon State record. Complete with a standard Mike Riley upset victory. It's what we're going to get for the next few seasons too. I suggest Husker fans accept what we've become, it's not getting any better.