I think we're f*cked...

Well as far as I can tell Collin Cowturd doesn't think Nebraska is f'd but more like its beyond f'd because no coaches wife would want to come to Lincoln not matter how world class the facilities are according to Herbstreit. He was seriously comparing Lincoln to Anchorage Alaska and was saying no body wants to be in Lincoln and never has. Sorry but I beg to differ. I know the college landscape has changed but I think its more because of the Northern Cities that let it and more like the Northern cities like the biggest whiners like Kstate Iowa St teams that are door mat programs. Yes I know Kstate is playing pretty good ball in a bad conference but as soon as Snyder is gone they're done.

Sorry, I liked Bo but I think his stubbornness did him in. Yes I thought too that Bo would have had a chance to revamp his staff, but I really don't think he would have or said no to the pressure. Are we going to get the splash hire that everyone is expecting? Probably not, but I think if you get a good committed coach with a great vision and someone who has been around and knows many people on all sides of the ball who can fill his staff with great energetic people, well that may be the best scenario for us anyway.

I listen to Cowherd a lot on my drives to work in the morning, and that man is one of the most uncritical thinkers I've ever heard outside of political talk radio (although he does get into political/social commentary when he clearly doesn't understand the situations he's commenting on). I don't have any doubt that he didn't even look into Lincoln the city before making those comments. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that he started his reasoning with a stereotype and from there made a serious of baseless assumptions leading him to a very unsound conclusion. At least, that's the pattern I've heard from him in the past. He starts with a conclusion and then reasons backwards to premises that support it with little concern about whether or not they're accurate.

Was he ever pulled over for a DUI here?

I honestly don't know how anyone can predict how things will work out.

In 1962, Nebraska hired their 4th choice for HC after being turned down by the HCs of Utah, Utah State and Michigan State. Their choice was the HC at Wyoming, where he went 35-10-5 over 5 seasons, The consensus among Nebraska press and fans at the time was very decidely mixed as to whether or not he was a good choice.. This new hire was Bob Devaney, who most now agree did a pretty good job during his 11 years at NU; well enough that he earned the right to hand pick his own successor. His choice was his OC, a guy named Tom Osborne, who also did pretty well.

And I do mean, proper f*cked...

I know that plenty of people we're pissed with Bo, and I understand that. If you wanted Bo gone, you had your reasons, and that's fine.

But here's the problem, who are they going to hire next?

There isn't one realistic candidate that everyone is saying, "oh yeah, he's the guy". When the program was freed from the Clownahan debacle, it was pretty obvious the choice was Bo. He'd been here a year, was well liked and almost everyone was excited with the hiring. The kool aid was flowing freely, and after the first year, there was a glimmer of hope that our program was heading in the right direction.

Now he's gone. Personally, I think you should have let the DC and OC go. You go after a DC and OC that TO assists in the search for, and you impress upon Bo that he's got a short time frame to get things back on track, or else.

There are a bunch of guys at lower level programs whose names will be thrown out there, and I bet they sound great on paper, but will they be able to do the job? As for Tressel, why would you want him here, because he's like sleeping with a smoking hot girl, you know has a horrific STD. There's the laundry list of the unrealistic choices, which I"m not going to go over, because there's no real chance of any of them coming here.

You're only real choice, is Scott Frost? I think he's got potential, but he's not run a D-1 program yet, and that worries me.

Hence, I think we're f*cked and I have little faith in Eichorst making the right call to run this program...

We have to see how it turns out. If Eichorst is out interviewing also-rans and nobody's then ,yeah, it looks pretty sad. If he already has a commit who doesn't want his team chemistry interrupted then it could work out very well. I think people exaggerate about the importance of this recruiting class..... I know if I was a commit I'd wait to see if I was getting in on something big.....or at least see where Bo is going if I was stuck on playing for him.

For 4 million dollars I don't care where my husband gets a job. Obviously if you have multiple offers that is a different story, but only if the offers equal the same amount of compensation. I moved to Misery for my husband to take a 15,000 pay increase, but it will help his career exponentially in the long run. So there.

Some people enjoy the seasons. They wouldn't think of living where the leaves don't change colors. That is just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

If one or several dudes want to freak out prematurely that's up to them. Bo and his staff couldn't do crap in meaningful games. They feasted on the pitiful teams. They had their shot. I'm glad they are gone. A new HC and new staff can equal his results and do better. Even if he's from Mars. I don't see the problem here.

and how different is your reaction now from when Clownahan got hired??

Just wondering...

I for one was not happy and was worried that he would do with my Huskers what he did to my Raiders.

T_O_B

If one or several dudes want to freak out prematurely that's up to them. Bo and his staff couldn't do crap in meaningful games. They feasted on the pitiful teams. They had their shot. I'm glad they are gone. A new HC and new staff can equal his results and do better. Even if he's from Mars. I don't see the problem here.

and how different is your reaction now from when Clownahan got hired??

Just wondering...

I for one was not happy and was worried that he would do with my Huskers what he did to my Raiders.

T_O_B

Being a Raider fan, I felt the exact same way you did...