Michael Rose-Ivey hints about the staff...

knapplc

I've seen J Mitch around town a couple of times, never bothered to talk to him even though I really thought about congratulating him after a couple games. I'd rather give players their space, but if I ever see him again I might just be inclined to ask him what it says on the tunnel before they exit on to Tom Osborne Field into Memorial Stadium.

This Mitchell thing turned into a dumpster fire pretty quick.

He's a senior leaving the program. Clearly a case of a guy committed to his coach and not the program. So he's understandably p***ed off that we fired Bo, who's probably a second father to him.

There's no need to start freaking out on here and getting all internet tough guy about it. It ticked me off too. But he's entitled to his opinion. I thought it was low-rent and obviously not taking the high road, but it's how he chose to respond. I'm just thankful for what he gave for the team and honestly don't really care a lick what he thinks about the new hire.

If you want an example of taking the high road about Riley, check out Moudy's response in the OWH article on first page. Very classy tweet by Mike.

I lol'd at Kyler Reed's not-so-subtle shot at Beck. Beck mismanaged so many things SO much, not the least of which is TE.

What did he say?

This has been the thing for us non-tweeterer's to deal with: just actually add what the person said instead of saying "I liked what K Reed said"

This Mitchell thing turned into a dumpster fire pretty quick.

He's a senior leaving the program. Clearly a case of a guy committed to his coach and not the program. So he's understandably p***ed off that we fired Bo, who's probably a second father to him.

There's no need to start freaking out on here and getting all internet tough guy about it. It ticked me off too. But he's entitled to his opinion. I thought it was low-rent and obviously not taking the high road, but it's how he chose to respond. I'm just thankful for what he gave for the team and honestly don't really care a lick what he thinks about the new hire.

If you want an example of taking the high road about Riley, check out Moudy's response in the OWH article on first page. Very classy tweet by Mike.

I lol'd at Kyler Reed's not-so-subtle shot at Beck. Beck mismanaged so many things SO much, not the least of which is TE.

What did he say?

This has been the thing for us non-tweeterer's to deal with: just actually add what the person said instead of saying "I liked what K Reed said"

Kyler said he hoped whatever the offense was going to be, he hoped we threw to the TE's plenty (Riley loves TEs, BTW). Basically a jab at Beck for letting the position disappear.

Also, Moudy said he hopes Riley can deliver the championships his teammates so badly deserve. Basically the polar opposite of J-Mitch.

There were a few tweets about an "email thing". I'm guessing Eichorst didn't hold a meeting to let them know about the hiring and instead sent an email like he did with the firing...?

did you want him to send an e-mail to tell them to come to a meeting where he would tell them he hired a new coach and they were going to have another later meeting to meet the new coach? wait.....no e-mails... SE spends a couple days knocking on doors to tell the players about the meeting where he would announce that he hired a new coach and that there would be a later meeting where they would be introduced to the new coach?

Or he could send an email to call a team meeting, but from how it reads from the players it sounds like he just emails the info and calls it a day.

Mitchell is creating a divide with the underclassman that will be playing for the new coach. That's really negative and cancerous to be around. He's really only thinking about himself and not the program, which is his prerogative. He is putting himself in a position to get booted from showing up around the facilities. I don't know the details, but like Carl Nicks.

Also, the email thing is played out. It's the most convenient way to get ahold of 100 players. Unless they want to revert to a phone tree...they need to stop complaining. Is my employer the only one that email blasts emoloyees with updates/trainings/terminations?? Didn't think so.

My respect for Josh Mitchell went downhill fast.....

If that is the kind of leadership from a captain then we don't have to peel onion back far to see what kind of culture was in the program.

Since he's glad he's out..... Maybe he will be glad to stay home from the bowl game. I'd start a walk on that busted ass all year over him.

As far as the email thing. At my job when I'm not told of something important. I usually respond with "you could've emailed us". The players will figure this out when they get into the real world. They need to get over it. It's not like they whisked Pelini off on a jet to deserted island without them knowing.

There were a few tweets about an "email thing". I'm guessing Eichorst didn't hold a meeting to let them know about the hiring and instead sent an email like he did with the firing...?

did you want him to send an e-mail to tell them to come to a meeting where he would tell them he hired a new coach and they were going to have another later meeting to meet the new coach? wait.....no e-mails... SE spends a couple days knocking on doors to tell the players about the meeting where he would announce that he hired a new coach and that there would be a later meeting where they would be introduced to the new coach?

Or he could send an email to call a team meeting, but from how it reads from the players it sounds like he just emails the info and calls it a day.

e-mail...."guys...we need to get you all together again today for another meeting. stop whatever it is you have planned and get over to the auditorium so i can give you some news that i could have sent here but you want me to tell you in a meeting instead. be there at 3 and turn off your radios/phones/computers/and radios until then so you don't accidentally get this news before our meeting".

• Fire 1