NU & Big 10 not favored in any Bowl games

TGHusker

Well, we've been told all year that the Big 10 is weak this year, thus the conf is not favored in NON of the bowl games. I don't agree:

Call me crazy :ahhhhhhhh but here are my Upset picks :

I predict OSU to upset Bama

Iowa over Tenn

Minny over Mo

Toss UP: Wisc vs Auburn

I wish I could but NU in the upset category, but I don't see some of our disgruntle (wt Bo firing) seniors putting forth a big effort - except AA (Mr hardwork and integrity- he'll want to prove he is more than 2nd team Big 10). Gregory with all of his nagging injuries will be soft so as to not hurt himself before draft tryouts and the all star games in front of pro scouts.

Now the younger guys may play their tails off in order to impress Riley and break through any barriers the former coach has placed in their way - I hope Interium HC Barney Cotton (gulp, never thought I'd have to say that - :facepalm: ) allows J Stanton to play significant min.

From the article:

The opening lines for the bowl games are out. Oddsmakers don't like the Big Ten's chances. In fact, all ten B1G teams are underdogs in their bowl games.

Close to home, the Huskers open as a 6-point underdog to USC for the Holiday Bowl.

The others?

Alabama favored by 9 1/2 over Ohio State.

Baylor favored by 3 over Michigan State.

Missouri favored by 6 over Minnesota.

Tennessee favored by 3 1/2 over Iowa.

Stanford favored by 14 over Maryland.

Boston College favored by 3 over Penn State.

Auburn favored by 6 1/2 over Wisconsin.

North Carolina favored by 4 over Rutgers.

Louisiana Tech favored by 3 over Illinois

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/huskers-join-list-of-b-g-bowl-underdogs/article_0ec7b65c-7f07-11e4-aa40-efff7261a0e0.html

I thought MSU & Illinois would be favored in their games, all the others make sense. I really think NU *could* beat USC but realistically I'm just hoping to be in the game all 4Q.

I think Auburn will beat wisky and Minny will have a good showing. tOSU from last saturday rolls tide but not sure if that team shows up again. Otherwise I'd pick:

Alabama favored by 9 1/2 over Ohio State.

Baylor favored by 3 over Michigan State.

Missouri favored by 6 over Minnesota.

Tennessee favored by 3 1/2 over Iowa.

Stanford favored by 14 over Maryland.

Boston College favored by 3 over Penn State.

Auburn favored by 6 1/2 over Wisconsin.

North Carolina favored by 4 over Rutgers.

Louisiana Tech favored by 3 over Illinois

Every year the B1G plays as underdogs in most bowl games. Much has to do with the B1G being down and the set alignments. This year we got our #2 Mich State getting paired against the highest non playoff team in Baylor played in texas. SEC's #2 Miss State (ranked #7) gets to play #12 GT - #12 is generous IMO. Chalk that up as another SEC NYD bowl win. SEC always got easy BCS parings vs Big East, ND, Hawaii, Utah etc.

I read somewhere where the SEC office finds out who each bowl opponent is then assigns the SEC team.

I think OSU getting in this year will hurt the B1G down the road. You see the outcry already and when Bama beats OSU with their back up QB and if Baylor woodsheds MSU, it will be a black eye for the B1G and will affect future playoff decisions

Stanford v. Maryland in Santa Clara, CA.

Nebraska v. USC in San Diego, CA.

MSU v. Baylor in Arlington, TX.

OSU v. Alabama in New Orleans, LA

Illinois v. La. Tech. in Dallas, TX.

I don't think the Big Ten has one matchup with geographic advantage.

considering there aren't any bowl games in Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, or Illinois, and these bowls are picking teams to fill seats ... this is pretty standard I'd think.

Stanford v. Maryland in Santa Clara, CA.

Nebraska v. USC in San Diego, CA.

MSU v. Baylor in Arlington, TX.

OSU v. Alabama in New Orleans, LA

Illinois v. La. Tech. in Dallas, TX.

I don't think the Big Ten has one matchup with geographic advantage.

considering there aren't any bowl games in Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, or Illinois, and these bowls are picking teams to fill seats ... this is pretty standard I'd think.

Just one and it's the gutter game in our schedule.

If the Motor sh1tty bowl was our #2 or #3 game and we made Baylor come up and play Sparty that would be cool.

After watching tOSU beat down Wiscy, I think they will handle Bama.

Iowa can beat Tenn

Auburn will slaughter Wiscy

Minny MIGHT beat Mizzou

PSU barely edges BC

MSU stomps Baylor

Nebraksa blasts USC

Standford pounds Maryland

Illinois escapes LaTech

Rutgers finds a way to lose to North Carolina

After watching tOSU beat down Wiscy, I think they will handle Bama.

Iowa can beat Tenn

Auburn will slaughter Wiscy

Minny MIGHT beat Mizzou

PSU barely edges BC

MSU stomps Baylor

Nebraksa blasts USC

Standford pounds Maryland

Illinois escapes LaTech

Rutgers finds a way to lose to North Carolina

I think OSU is going to shock some people. I don't think they will handle 'Bama though. Probably going to be a gut it out game with the victor winning by 4-7 points.