SIGNED - TE Matt Snyder

Mavric

Kid would play as a TrFr IMO

I think we need to rethink our position on telling kids they could project to play right away. I know Bo was big on telling kids they aren't promised anything and I actually found that to be a positive. No BS. But as hard as it is to get these kids to even consider NU, I think telling kids if it's the truth, that we could definitely see them starting as a true freshman. Whether it's because of depth or because of a system change or that after watching the kids film, telling him he could transition quickly into the offense as a true freshman.

Based on comments from several recruits over the past few weeks, It definitely sounds like we're doing just that. Difference between "could" and "will". Although, to be fair, there is a difference between promising playing time and saying you can earn some playing time if you work hard. I don't think it's a lot different from what Pelini's staff was doing.

Yeah. And that's good to hear. There's also a difference in landing highly ranked recruits that are ranked so because they are college ready. I think if we get lucky with a few more true freshman each year as far as production on the field(Ex.DPE) then mYbe we would become more attractiv to highly ranked recruits who project to be immediate impact type kids cause we can tout our use of true freshman.

Yeah. And that's good to hear. There's also a difference in landing highly ranked recruits that are ranked so because they are college ready. I think if we get lucky with a few more true freshman each year as far as production on the field(Ex.DPE) then mYbe we would become more attractiv to highly ranked recruits who project to be immediate impact type kids cause we can tout our use of true freshman.

Agree. And we've actually had a decent amount of true freshmen play over the last several years. DPE, Joshua Kalu, Kieron Williams, Nate Gerry, Josh Banderas, Kevin Maurice, Maliek Collins, Cethan Carter, Terrell Newby, Aaron Curry, Imani Cross, Ameer Abdullah, Braylon Heard, Aaron Green, Jamal Turner, Ciante Evans, Tyler Moore and Andrew Rodriguez are some of the more recent ones.

I am sure there are a lot of examples of this but if he flips to Michigan after one OV there and an in home after committing to Riley at OSU and again at NU, then I see this as a serious problem for our program.

I see it as a serious problem for the kid. I mean sh#t, our staff has put in a ton of time on the kid even before they got to NU. If the kid isn't going to come I don't think you can blame this on the staff. Harbaugh is the hot sexy choice right now. He was in the NFL and he's so great and he gives reach arounds. I mean, come on, it's just the flavor of the day and some kids fall for it.

• Fire 2

I am sure there are a lot of examples of this but if he flips to Michigan after one OV there and an in home after committing to Riley at OSU and again at NU, then I see this as a serious problem for our program.

I see it as a serious problem for the kid. I mean sh#t, our staff has put in a ton of time on the kid even before they got to NU. If the kid isn't going to come I don't think you can blame this on the staff. Harbaugh is the hot sexy choice right now. He was in the NFL and he's so great and he gives reach arounds. I mean, come on, it's just the flavor of the day and some kids fall for it.

His nickname wasn't rusty trombone for nothin

I don't blame the coaching staff. I just said that if something like this happens to Nebraska, that's a problem for the program