Mike Riley's performance so far

Dagerow

I will say that I supported Bo and didn't want him fired, but Mike Riley is now our coach and I want him to do well. However, recent events have me a little concerned. While I understand that he wants assistants who he knows and trusts, I would have been nice to get some wow hires (frost, any proven recruiter) and possibly bring over a coach or two from the old staff (brown, kaz). But none of that really concerns me, because you have to let him do what he needs to do.

The problem is with how he has handled recruiting. It has take days for him to contact most recuits (even thought some are scheduled to enroll early in January and there is a dead period coming up), and hasn't even (to my knowledge) met most of the current commits. It appears that he is close to losing most every four star we have -- and I don't think he has gotten to many four stars at osu in the last five years. I understand he needs to review our team to address needs of his new offensive and defensive schemes, and look at the film of recuits to evaluate them, but you should never take getting such talent here for granted, especially when your history is not one of excellence in recruiting. Moreover, just reaching out to address the recuits fears and concerns should have been done, even if just to say that he is eager to talk with them later.

• Fire 3

Give Mike Riley an F I guess guys he is supposed to have magic powers to give him 100 hours in a day. He's not allowed to eat, sleep, or see his family until he wins a national championship. Also I just recruited on NCAA 14 and it took me only 10 minutes to get through 30 prospects, how has it taken Riley this long?

1363588445823567319.GIF

• Fire 5

Let's not act like we know his agenda. It's more than just switching schools, it's getting up and moving your entire life. On top of that he has to assemble a staff, meet with current recruits, meet with osu recruits he wants to offer to come here, evaluate if he even wants our current commits, meet with our coaches, take care of all the behind the scenes coaching work like getting everything finalized to work here.

Let's not act like we know his agenda. It's more than just switching schools, it's getting up and moving your entire life. On top of that he has to assemble a staff, meet with current recruits, meet with osu recruits he wants to offer to come here, evaluate if he even wants our current commits, meet with our coaches, take care of all the behind the scenes coaching work like getting everything finalized to work here.

On a side note, hes been coaching at that school for 14 years. Can you imagine the crap he is going to need to get rid of in his house before he moves to lincoln. Or do you think hes the kind guy that takes it all with him.

I'm not a fan of the hire but how could you be upset with Riley's performance so far he's only been on the job a few days. Give the guy a chance to screw up first, if the class falls apart and players start transferring and the spring game is a disaster then start complaining. If you hate the hire then complain about the guy that hired him he's the only one to blame so far

Riley's been at this his entire life.......I think he has an idea of what needs to happen. There's all kinds of time left to recruit but don't expect any miracles this year. Bo's recruits are Bo's recruits.......they know they're still welcome here but it's a touchy thing when the staff is fired. Some of them will just decide to go another direction and it's not the end of the world.

People keep talking about retaining the current staff and hiring Frost........but maybe they don't want the job? Maybe they don't think Bo is the bad guy that the ESPN reality show guys are making him out to be and they're not playing along? I personally think it's shocking that we haven't tried to get Dan Hawkins who is widely known as the nicest coach in all of sports.

This just in. Riley has been here for 5 days and still hasn't won any championships. Husker fans patience wearing thin.

AND he hasn't yet hired any WOW assistants without having a chance to assess his needs, or who might fit, or might be willing, or having time to interview anyone. How long will he prolong the agony. Said one Husker fan, "If he was really the kind of coach we need, he would have put together a staff before he was offered the job, just in case."

• Fire 1

This just in. Riley has been here for 5 days and still hasn't won any championships. Husker fans patience wearing thin.

AND he hasn't yet hired any WOW assistants without having a chance to assess his needs, or who might fit, or might be willing, or having time to interview anyone. How long will he prolong the agony. Said one Husker fan, "If he was really the kind of coach we need, he would have put together a staff before he was offered the job, just in case."

The satire is strong in this one.

On a more serious note, Mike Riley was hired as the head coach of the University of Nebraska last Thursday. He's had to uproot his family on a short notice and move them to Lincoln and he has started to assemble the staff he feels will produce quality football here at NU. He has also started to contact recruits. All that in 5 days is pretty f'ing good if you ask me. Let's calm it down, okay? It took Bo 7+ years to assemble something that resembled a staff and he still failed. Come on, y'all, we don't even know what these guys will do here.