Bring back Frost. Now

lo country

In light of Bo's comments NU needs to bring back Frost. (or another qualified guy ie Minter, Rathman etc)

Hear me out. Bo's attitude of how he really feels/felt at NU all came out in that speech. The kids (many) have heard/seen this attitude for 5 years. The kids who are seniors, leaders, captains.......think about that. The new kids come in and hear it from the coach and their "leaders". The us vs them, fans suck, media sucks, school sucks etc....

NU needs to bring in someone in a position that is former NU. A guy who bleeds red. A guy who knows the fans and the friggin NU way. Someone who can heal a the fan base NU instill the attitude and live of program that steamrolled guys. A guy who gets them to realize if you aren't winning them all, it doesn't count. A guy who teaches them that 9 wins isn't good enough. That you give 110% and then some. That you'd rather be carried off the field than tap out......

A respected NU player is needed in some capacity to right this ship........

• Fire 6

Sorry Mike Riley, we have to fire you. Some random message board poster thinks we need to hire a former player as head coach after Bo's comments to his former players.

For the record, I never said HC.

Riley is the anti-Bo. A safe move. Great hire? Only time will tell.

Getting a former Husker great back in some capacity, IMO, is a must. Or like Knapp said, open practice up to former guys. Let them be around the kids......

I don't buy into the fact that in order for a program to succeed you have to bring in people who "know the culture". Our culture isn't rocket science. It is a work hard, and enjoy what you have. Our history is long, and has a lot of traditions that upon talking to the fan base, one CAN be educated on them.

We were spoiled by having two coaches in a span of 30 plus years (I may be wrong on the dates, but Im close), but we can't make the the deal breaking requirement. All Mike Riley has to to do is educate himself, and embrace it in a manner that he sees fit.

• Fire 3

I don't buy into the fact that in order for a program to succeed you have to bring in people who "know the culture". Our culture isn't rocket science. It is a work hard, and enjoy what you have. Our history is long, and has a lot of traditions that upon talking to the fan base, one CAN be educated on them.

We were spoiled by having two coaches in a span of 30 plus years (I may be wrong on the dates, but Im close), but we can't make the the deal breaking requirement. All Mike Riley has to to do is educate himself, and embrace it in a manner that he sees fit.

Nick Saban say hello...

Sorry Mike Riley, we have to fire you. Some random message board poster thinks we need to hire a former player as head coach after Bo's comments to his former players.

For the record, I never said HC.

Riley is the anti-Bo. A safe move. Great hire? Only time will tell.

Getting a former Husker great back in some capacity, IMO, is a must. Or like Knapp said, open practice up to former guys. Let them be around the kids......

We have a 61 year old HC, bring in Frost, double his salary, and give him the HC job in 5 years.

Agreed, Gill-Frost would at least help unite the fans. And for those that want to rip Gill, he has led 2 teams to some record seasons.

Riley won't last 3 years. Nebraskans have no reason to back (other than being the HC) or believe in him. He is conceivably just collecting a bigger paycheck for he and his buddies before retiring back to Oregon.

Would make for an awesome ESPN/Deadspin headline, though.

"Nebraska fires Riley after two weeks, message board demanded Frost instead"

Agreed, Gill-Frost would at least help unite the fans. And for those that want to rip Gill, he has led 2 teams to some record seasons.

Riley won't last 3 years. Nebraskans have no reason to back (other than being the HC) or believe in him. He is conceivably just collecting a bigger paycheck for he and his buddies before retiring back to Oregon.

I think it's too soon for Frost. He isn't proven as an HC and neither is Reilly. It's almost too risky to bring Frost in and have him fail. Not saying he would but I'd rather see him lead a program to success before we get him to early and run him out. He will coach here someday but that day has not arrived. I do believe it will be soon though, I'm not sold on Reilly.