RB Bradrick Shaw [Wisconsin Commit]

Mavric

I think people were more saying if we miss out on Bussey we don't need to "reach". We hadn't been in contact with many other RB's so I think people feared we would have to start talking to "leftovers". But then people were surprised when a player of this caliber was available/interested.

That's the thing, this guy is nowhere near a reach and is a VERY solid looking RB who fits a pro style offense very well

I think people were more saying if we miss out on Bussey we don't need to "reach". We hadn't been in contact with many other RB's so I think people feared we would have to start talking to "leftovers". But then people were surprised when a player of this caliber was available/interested.

That's the thing, this guy is nowhere near a reach and is a VERY solid looking RB who fits a pro style offense very well

I don't see anyone claiming he is a reach.

By no means did I mean that. I was alluding to BakerMark saying "I thought we didn't need Bussey so just "pass" and fill other needs?"

By no means did I mean that. I was alluding to BakerMark saying "I thought we didn't need Bussey so just "pass" and fill other needs?"

Others were suggesting when we lost Bussey that we've got enough depth at RB to pass this year and go after other needed positions.

But if you have a great player fall in your lap and they're interested... changes the narrative a bit.

I could only find his junior film. Shaw looks quite different from the other two recent RB offers. He runs mostly between the tackles (not as much lateral ability as the other two) and takes on contact but does have enough burst to make the defense pay if they don't get their hands on him. I would compare him more with Cross and Taylor rather than Ameer (Wilbon or Newby).

Others were suggesting when we lost Bussey that we've got enough depth at RB to pass this year and go after other needed positions.

But if you have a great player fall in your lap and they're interested... changes the narrative a bit.

I think that's where most people are. Sucks losing Bussey but since we did, if we don't get one this year it's not a disaster.

However, if you can get in with another good one, then take him.

• 1 month later...