Jamal Turner

Haspula

Coming back is am amazing feat for him. Kids can lose their motivation, and I think in the past if you were not in the in click, your chances dwindled and died. He seems like he knows he has a chance with the new staff, and is pursuing it. Great for him, and his effort is needed.

Some very good news for our Huskers I think.

Westerkamp, Pierson-El and a highly motivated Jamal Turner running routes for a better coached quarterback?

Sounds pretty good to me.

Dont forget about the big bodied Tariq Allen being able to stretch vertically.

No, you use Tariq in the WR screen game like Beck did against MSU last year. You know, get those big guys the ball in a backwards pass and let them use their quickness and elusiveness to break off huge gains.

Nebraska had wide receivers stacked up this year like cordwood, and now healthy ones are as scarce as hen's teeth. I am sure Turner felt like he might get lost in the shuffle, and now it appears...well, I hope he stays healthy, and I will avoid jinxing him. :o

UNK went through the same thing at QB a couple of years ago. I think their fifth or sixth quarterback for the season got his jaw broke in a fight with a wrestler.

• Fire 2

Agreed. Everything from the new offense to the unfortunate injuries have set the stage for him to get a shot to write his legacy here.

He was a really special player once, who got dealt a rough hand of cards.

It would be a nice story if he can be our homerun threat this year. Hope he stays healthy.