Empty seat on the bus for Bo

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/huskers-honor-bo-pelini-with-symbolic-gesture-en-route-to/article_cbe4cbea-8e1f-11e4-9724-2b12198c1618.html

Huskers honor Bo Pelini with symbolic gesture en route to Holiday Bowl

According to Austen Everson, Nebraska's assistant A.D. of football business operations, the Huskers left a front-row seat open on the team bus in honor of the former coach, who was fired on Nov. 30 following a 9-3 season.

I thought Nebraska was going to win heading into Saturday, until I heard about this yesterday afternoon. Then, I knew, there's no way they're going to win. The guy didn't die - he got fired for being abrasive and a poor coach.

I'm all for players loving their coach, and loving their team. But, at some point, you have to also you realize your career is also a lot about you. There's also a really good chance that any of these guys who go to the NFL are going to go through AT LEAST one coaching change in their career. I felt as soon as they made this about their previous head coach instead of about themselves, they sealed their fate.

• Fire 4

Ha ha! Seems like there's more support for Bo on Huskerboard than there was six weeks ago.

I wouldn't have fired Bo if the decision was up to me. But now that we did, let's move on. It's a new era in Nebraska football. The Riley era.

• Fire 1

I thought Nebraska was going to win heading into Saturday, until I heard about this yesterday afternoon. Then, I knew, there's no way they're going to win. The guy didn't die - he got fired for being abrasive and a poor coach.

I'm all for players loving their coach, and loving their team. But, at some point, you have to also you realize your career is also a lot about you. There's also a really good chance that any of these guys who go to the NFL are going to go through AT LEAST one coaching change in their career. I felt as soon as they made this about their previous head coach instead of about themselves, they sealed their fate.

I may be wrong but BO was fired more for the off field and side line action then winning the wrong 9 game per season, if he was Mr nice guy he still be here.