Danny Langsdorf New Offensive Coordinator

Mavric

Welcome Coach Langsdorf, pretty excited with this hire!

I guess I'm a little reserved in my excitement. In fairness i do not know that much about Mr. Langsdorf. Could you or anyone else expand on why you are excited about this hire?

Transitioning from a first time head coarch, with a first time OC and first time DC - to a tenured HC, with an OC that has almost 10 years of experience in that role. Many of the largest complaints over the last few years have been the lack of experience on the staff - the inability to fix the issues that have plagued us. Well, we have the experience now. That in itself is a big reason to be optimistic about the hires.

I agree. From all the research and videos I've been seeing, they all talk about a real family atmosphere among the coaches. It's not lip service or a dysfuncational family environment, which is good to hear. There is a lot of genuine respect for each other in what they can do, and how they work together with the student athletes. It's kind of important consideration when putting together the base core of your staff.

• Fire 1

This was mostly mentioned already, if so I apologize. But is it to be assumed he will also be the QB coach as well?

In Danny’s Langdorf’s one year as the Giants’ QB coach, Eli Manning flipped his TD-INT ratio from 18:27 to 30:14. #Huskers

Yeah, between Langsdorf and Riley, the QB spot should be well coached.

Not jumping on you TTRR because this has been brought up several times other places but this is a perfect example of lies, damn lies and statistics. Manning was about as bad as possible last year. That stat has been thrown out a lot as "look how good he did with Manning." But in the four years prior to last year, Manning averaged 4,226 yards, 61.5% completions, 28 TDs, 17 INTs, and a 89.6 rating. He had 4,410 yards, 63.1%, 30 TDs, 14 INTs and a 92.1 rating this year. That is, he basically returned to form after a terrible year last year.

And, lets face it...he was pretty good to begin with. I mean...First overall pick? It is not like he was working with some hack.

This was mostly mentioned already, if so I apologize. But is it to be assumed he will also be the QB coach as well?

In Danny’s Langdorf’s one year as the Giants’ QB coach, Eli Manning flipped his TD-INT ratio from 18:27 to 30:14. #Huskers

Not jumping on you TTRR because this has been brought up several times other places but this is a perfect example of lies, damn lies and statistics. Manning was about as bad as possible last year. That stat has been thrown out a lot as "look how good he did with Manning." But in the four years prior to last year, Manning averaged 4,226 yards, 61.5% completions, 28 TDs, 17 INTs, and a 89.6 rating. He had 4,410 yards, 63.1%, 30 TDs, 14 INTs and a 92.1 rating this year. That is, he basically returned to form after a terrible year last year.

And, lets face it...he was pretty good to begin with. I mean...First overall pick? It is not like he was working with some hack.

So would he have gotten any blame if Manning regressed further?

Well, he would have gotten fired ... along with the rest of the coaching staff.

So despite a weird 2011, he's coached consistently good offenses. Not to mention coaching up Jacquizz Rodgers, Brandin Cooks, and Markus Wheaton enough that the NFL wanted them.

Mannion's Redshirt Freshman season perhaps? They only averaged 21 points per game.

Maybe. Makes me wonder if he got pressed into duty earlier than they wanted due to an injury or something, that's quite the drop off . . . and quite the bounce-back the following year.

It probably would have depended on a few things...OL...WR's...injuries...stuff like that.

It probably would have depended on a few things...OL...WR's...injuries...stuff like that.

So he deserves some credit. Along with Odell Beckham Jr.

OSU under Riley/Langsdorf

Year-Scoring O - Total O - Passing O - Rushing O

2005 - 60th - 34th - 10th - 86th

2006 - 36th - 45th - 24th - 81st

2007 - 59th - 78th - 87th - 41st

2008 - 32nd - 30th - 30th - 49th

2009 - 26th - 34th - 27th - 67th

2010 - 81st - 94th - 71st - 97th

2011 - 100th - 73rd - 19th - 118th

2012 - 37th - 43rd - 19th - 101st

2013 - 30th - 27th - 3rd - 118th

Year - PPG - YPG - Pass YPG - Rush YPG