Les Miles happy

tmfr15

Jim Harbaugh went to Michigan. Urban Meyer went to Ohio State. In my opinion, the alma mater card was the tipping point for both of these guys. Money certainly must be right, but I don't think Harbaugh would've gone just anywhere, and same for Meyer. If any of you can name a hot name proven head coach that just happens to be a Nebraska alum, let me know, and I'll join you in crucifying the administration for being cheap.

this. exactly this. and who does um get if harbaugh turns them down? neb. got a great fit. that is the best we can hope for until frost becomes an elite hc.

And what if he doesn't win at Ann Arbor?

Michigan is officially dead. Colorado

Fixed it

I don't care about "splash" hires because most times you are just hiring a name and not necessarily someone who will fit in with your program.

Charlie Weiss and Kansas anyone?

Thats not a "splash" hire unless your considering what he'd do to a all you can eat buffet...

Plus, at that point he'd done a pretty good job of driving Notre Dame into the ground like a f*cking meteor...

Other coaches, iirc Saban and Urban commented on how this was great for the B1G and college football. Don't remember those comments about Reilly. Michigan went for a home run and to send notice they were in it to win it. NU, IMO, said we are going to change our image. I could care less if the guy is s raving lunatic or the demeanor of TO, I want to play for the CCG and MNC. I just don't see that with our hire and the guys he's getting together. Losing by less, or playing a more sound game while still losing is still losing. I've watched moral victories for the past 12 years. Screw that......NU had a chance to open the pocket book and sit at the big boys table. We did not. I will start a thread next year if we exceed my expectations and win and win well.

I have become pessimistic after 7 years of coach speak. Looking, and hoping, for success for the staff and team and to be proven wrong.

Do people actually think that NU had a chance to get Harbaugh?

And if the 9ers win a couple more games this year (they lost to the Bears and Raiders!) they are in the playoffs and Harbaugh isn't in Ann Arbor.

It's not that we had a chance, many wanted the new HC hiring to be a "WOW", not a "meh"...

And if the 9ers win a couple more games this year (they lost to the Bears and Raiders!) they are in the playoffs and Harbaugh isn't in Ann Arbor.

It's not that we had a chance, many wanted the new HC hiring to be a "WOW", not a "meh"...

This. A hire that had people talking about the bold move or move towards getting NU back. Not a quick check of Wikipedia, not hearing how nice he is etc....

This. A hire that had people talking about the bold move or move towards getting NU back. Not a quick check of Wikipedia, not hearing how nice he is etc....

When Callahan was hired, I was livid, because I knew, after seeing what he'd done to my Raiders, he'd hurt the program. Bo was hired, almost everyone was excited because he'd been here before, and he wasn't Clownahan. Now they hire Riley, who most of us, when he was hired almost immediately said, "who?"...

This almost seems like a hire that was based on the fact that they didn't know who else they could get, so they got Riley. And if this guy falls flat on his ass, which I hope he doesn't, everyone can say "at least he was nicer than Bo"...

What would qualify as a "wow" hire? Patterson? Mullen? Richt? Frost? Bielema? Narduzzi?

Did Florida get a "wow" hire in McElwain? What about USC with Sark last year?

A guy with a proven track record of winning would be great. While the search was going on, there were many names kicked around, while not "wow" were proven winners and guys who had experience....